IGNORED

Chella Choi Cheating. What is the LPGA doing about it?

Shorty
Note: This thread is 2834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So the cheater finished third in a tournament that she shouldn't have been playing in, on a tour that she should have been suspended from, and pocketed a cool $76,000 that should have gone to all of the other players in the field who aren't cheaters.

Wonder what all of those women immediately below her think about that.

Now, now, we don't know if at least some of them are or aren't rule breakers either. They just haven't been caught breaking them yet. O:)

Even we didn't know that Chella was prone to breaking rules either until this incident. :scared:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm disappointed that none of them had the nerve to speak up.  I wonder if a memo went out to all the ladies on the Tour from the LPGA requesting their silence because it seems too coincidental that not one person had something to say about it.

That's why part of me would have like to have seen her win, and then nobody come running over to give her the jumping water bottle shower thing that a bunch of girls always do for the winner every week.  Just see her make the last putt, look up with a big smile waiting to receive a hug and get ... silence.

Sadly, though, I'm guessing I would probably be dissapointed because I have a hunch plenty of them are probably in Judy Rankins camp.

Now, now, we don't know if at least some of them are or aren't rule breakers either. They just haven't been caught breaking them yet.

Even we didn't know that Chella was prone to breaking rules either until this incident.

I can guarantee you, 100% without a doubt, factually, that "all of the other players in the field who aren't cheaters" aren't cheaters.  I put it right there in the description. :-P

I can guarantee you, 100% without a doubt, factually, that "all of the other players in the field who aren't cheaters" aren't cheaters.  I put it right there in the description.

Yeah, I read that, but figured you meant ones who weren't caught. :-P

So, that kind of brings up the question. If a person cheats and does not get caught, do they still consider themselves a cheat? If so, how do they justify it to themselves?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

What about cheating in baseball? What about cheating in football? What about cheating on your wife? What about cheating on your husband? What about cheating on tests in school?

I don't know what this means??

Should all cheaters be punished?

YES they should, harshly too! Although I have a feeling you're looking for some other type of answer!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Of course they should.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

In other sports, when found out, they are. They aren't allowed to withdraw from the game to save their team the out (baseball), for example.

Plus, other sports are set up differently. In virtually every other sport, a referee exists, and enforcing the rules falls upon them. Every other sport has a culture of "trying to get away with as much as you can." You can "cheat" (foul) several times in basketball before you're kicked out. You can travel and if the ref doesn't see it, you're good. You can hold in football and again, if the ref doesn't see it, you're good.

Golf has a different culture. The players are their own referees.

She clearly, knowingly, and somewhat obviously cheated. She "withdrew" and the LPGA has done nothing to follow up on it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It ain't cheating if you don't get caught :-D.

Yes, it is. Getting caught is irrelevant.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Quote:

Right, no matter what, you need to live with yourself.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

[quote name="Lihu" url="/t/76815/chella-choi-cheating-what-is-the-lpga-doing-about-it/280_40#post_1051670"]Quote: Right, no matter what, you need to live with yourself. [/quote] Aww Foiled! :-P :-P

Riley

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bradley-withdraws-because-doubt-over-174919298--golf.html

Integrity. Maybe Choi should take notes...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

[URL=http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bradley-withdraws-because-doubt-over-174919298--golf.html]http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bradley-withdraws-because-doubt-over-174919298--golf.html[/URL] Integrity. Maybe Choi should take notes...

So, withdrawing is the way to admit doubt and protect the field it seems.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator

No… Two very different situations.

@Lihu , just curious: why are you stretching so far to stick up for Chella? She blatantly cheated, then WDed when confronted.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

In his case, yes. However, if you actually read it...he was absolved of any wrongdoing but withdrew anyway because he thought there was a chance he broke a rule and it was bothering him. He didn't intentionally pick up out of someone elses pitch mark and withdraw only after someone caught him.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Note: This thread is 2834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!