IGNORED

Chella Choi Cheating. What is the LPGA doing about it?

Shorty
Note: This thread is 2821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In his case, yes. However, if you actually read it...he was absolved of any wrongdoing but withdrew anyway because he thought there was a chance he broke a rule and it was bothering him. He didn't intentionally pick up out of someone elses pitch mark and withdraw only after someone caught him.

The net result is she withdrew and protected the field in doing so. She could have just taken the 2 strokes. In any case, the greens are pretty serious stuff in the words of another Choi I knew.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The net result is she withdrew and protected the field in doing so.

She could have just taken the 2 strokes.

In any case, the greens are pretty serious stuff in the words of another Choi I knew.

I'm not talking about the net result. I'm talking about the integrity of the individual. She withdrew after she got caught cheating...Bradley withdrew after being told he didn't do anything wrong, because in his head...there was a possibility that he accidentally did.

You honestly can't see the difference?

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Do ya'll think you could tell the difference between a ball in its own pitch mark and a ball that had rolled into one? Pretty sure I could.

Do ya'll think you could tell the difference between a ball in its own pitch mark and a ball that had rolled into one? Pretty sure I could.

100% of the time? No, I don't think I could.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I was reminded yesterday of a situation in Australia earlier this year (or late last year) where she was OB but needed three rules officials to explain  the rule to her. She didn't want to believe that it was the posts, not the wire fence that defined OB. She kept calling for someone of higher authority, hoping that there'd be someone like her on staff.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I was reminded yesterday of a situation in Australia earlier this year (or late last year) where she was OB but needed three rules officials to explain  the rule to her. She didn't want to believe that it was the posts, not the wire fence that defined OB. She kept calling for someone of higher authority, hoping that there'd be someone like her on staff.

I see that you have some precedence in your "cheating" assertions.

She seems to be the type of person to take full advantage of a situation, and likely "over the edge".

First of all markers as big as the one she has should be banned. Markers should be smaller than a dime like those little plastic ones with the stake in the middle. If they are big they should be like the ones from Sandtrap because they force the ball into a fixed position.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator

First of all markers as big as the one she has should be banned. Markers should be smaller than a dime like those little plastic ones with the stake in the middle. If they are big they should be like the ones from Sandtrap because they force the ball into a fixed position.

Many PGA Tour pros use quarters. Smaller than a dime? Nah.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Some of the senior players can't even see a dime on the ground. :bugout: For some reason a lot of them like to use a penny (maybe because it only costs a penny) and they can't find them at all. When I change the holes after some of those games I find pennies on most of the greens.

Maybe we should just issue Sand Trap ball markers to all the pros. ;-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Maybe we should just issue Sand Trap ball markers to all the pros.

I've heard of these ball markers in a couple threads, but I don't know what they look like. Any pictures of them?

Sammyy3, while I appreciate the fact that you like to link that picture, it's a little overboard to do it on three separate threads with an account seemingly created for that only reason.

Just a warning, the above link might be NSFW depending on what your office policy is (bikini-clad women on a motorcycle).

• Upvote 1

Sammyy3, while I appreciate the fact that you like to link that picture, it's a little overboard to do it on three separate threads with an account seemingly created for that only reason. Just a warning, the above link might be NSFW depending on what your office policy is (bikini-clad women on a motorcycle).

LMAOO. That dude spammin like a mo****a. ------- Well it is 9:08 PM. I doubt anyone is at work! It may also give you 968 different viruses.

Riley

I've heard of these ball markers in a couple threads, but I don't know what they look like. Any pictures of them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pretzel

http://thesandtrap.com/t/74721/official-tst-ball-markers

I got beat to it.

Was going to take a picture for you this morning, but everything was wet. Works great, though. My whole family has one.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I got beat to it.

Was going to take a picture for you this morning, but everything was wet. Works great, though. My whole family has one.

Geez, break down and get on for each member of the family.  Sharing one marker among the whole family has to adversely affect Pace of Play. ;-):whistle:

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Geez, break down and get on for each member of the family.  Sharing one marker among the whole family has to adversely affect Pace of Play. ;-) :whistle:

Okay, that could have been just a little bit ambiguous.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• 1 year later...

OK, she moved her ball. Wrong on all counts.  Viewer call in....absolutely wrong.  If you were watching an NBA game and they missed a call, say a guy stepped OB, you can't call in and have that affect the game.  It doesn't work that way.  If the rules guy following them around misses the call, he misses the call!  Or a playing partner, or a caddie.  This call in crap has got to stop.

Note: This thread is 2821 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!