IGNORED

Like a Girl

iacas
Note: This thread is 3329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not all girls "throw like a girl." My daughter throws like Satchel Paige at age 5.

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v602/ringneck19/IMG_1046_zps151ee6ce.mp4

Thats fantastic - brightened up my morning, thx for posting !!

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

Here's Brittney Griner when she was in college.... dunking like a girl. She starts at 30 seconds into the video.

She just finished helping Team USA bring home the Gold in the 2014 World Championships.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Not all girls "throw like a girl." My daughter throws like Satchel Paige at age 5.

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v602/ringneck19/IMG_1046_zps151ee6ce.mp4

Fun times.

I'm more impressed that she catches the ball. :dance: Most kids that age (boys OR girls) can't.

My daughter can do ANYTHING. As long as it is not an athletic endeavor. But that isn't because she is a girl. She just never cared for athletics.

Bill M

• 1 month later...
Story. This is about girls doing "guy" stuff. Couple weeks ago my mother called me on a Saturday morning, and said, "What are you doing?" Whenever I hear that question I know I'm about to be doing something I don't want to do. The last time it was to help her find my grandmother's teeth. Mamaw has dementia and puts her teeth in strange places. But two weeks ago it was, "I need you to come over here and hand me tools while I go under the house and jack up the floor." My parents live in the oldest house in my town, and over the years the floor joists under the dining room have sagged, and she'd had enough. Trouble is, the crawl space is no more than three feet at the highest point and only about two feet at the very small entry point for this task.  I get over there and my dad is throwing a fit. "We're gonna bury your mother if she goes under that house!" and other similar exclamations. The course was clear. It would have to be me who went under the house. So long story short, I tricked mother into letting me go under, and with a car jack and a floor jack, some cinder blocks and 4x4 studs, I jacked up the dining room. Just prior to going under, I texted Zip to tell him what was going on. He asked, "Why isn't there some man doing this?" Later on, while under the house, I sent him a photo of my work in progress. He replied something like "no effing way." I answered back, "And that answers your first question." I am 100% girl. I love pink. I wear a tiara in the bubble bath. I have pink flower decals all over my car. But so what? Speaking of my car, starting tomorrow I will be replacing my water pump, idler pulley, thermostat and serpentine belt because I will be damned if I pay somebody $450 in labor to put on $140 in parts. I built my front porch myself (tri-level). I've repaired two broken washing machines, installed my dishwasher, replaced numerous light fixtures, and this past winter I got to go under my own house to replace burst plumbing pipes.

Will you marry me?

• Upvote 1

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Will you marry me?

With a name like smellysmell? Good luck.

• Upvote 2

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

It's no big deal, times have changed and we should change with them! It's just taking time, the men are now playing catch up as those sneaky women have been advancing themselves discreetly over tha past few decades, I'm guilty of using the phrase on occasion, but only in a select male environment and certainly not in a way to degrade women, it's just a bit if male teasing between friends! In 99% of modern households it's the women who wear the trousers,.. And the other 1% are liers!

Gaz Lee

• 1 month later...

This whole door-holding question comes up now and again, and I don't get it. I've never been insulted in any way if a man holds the door for me. But that might be because I also return that courtesy to others, for example, a mother with children in tow, and especially my elders, male or female. I also say "sir" and "ma'am" to virtually everyone, regardless of their age. All this is called having good manners and treating people with kindness. It doesn't insinuate helplessness or anything else. People need to accept an act in the spirit in which it is offered.

Courtesy is never an insult. Being patronized is, and I think some people don't know the difference.

I am a little older than most here and I was taught by my Dad to be a gentleman, and all that entailed 40-50 years ago (I still take my hat off if I have one on while being introduced to a woman; I walk street-side when walking with my wife on a sidewalk, stuff like that. They are habits). I will hold a door for anybody who is in my periphery, but women in particular. I find that younger women do see it as patronizing, but that doesn't stop me from doing it. The first time I picked up my wife for a date I went around and opened the car door for her and I still would if she hadn't convinced me that it isn't necessary anymore. But she really liked it when I did it.

It's no big deal, times have changed and we should change with them! It's just taking time, the men are now playing catch up as those sneaky women have been advancing themselves discreetly over tha past few decades, I'm guilty of using the phrase on occasion, but only in a select male environment and certainly not in a way to degrade women, it's just a bit if male teasing between friends!

In 99% of modern households it's the women who wear the trousers,.. And the other 1% are liers!

When I walk into my home, I know whose domain it is. I have no problem with that and willingly accept my weekly to-do list, but I don't doubt that she could do anything on that list, some a lot better than me.

• Upvote 1

Bill M

• 4 weeks later...
I am a little older than most here and I was taught by my Dad to be a gentleman, and all that entailed 40-50 years ago (I still take my hat off if I have one on while being introduced to a woman; I walk street-side when walking with my wife on a sidewalk, stuff like that. They are habits). I will hold a door for anybody who is in my periphery, but women in particular. I find that younger women do see it as patronizing, but that doesn't stop me from doing it. The first time I picked up my wife for a date I went around and opened the car door for her and I still would if she hadn't convinced me that it isn't necessary anymore. But she really liked it when I did it. When I walk into my home, I know whose domain it is. I have no problem with that and willingly accept my weekly to-do list, but I don't doubt that she could do anything on that list, some a lot better than me.

I am probably older than your good self but could repeat your upbringing retained habits verbatim After 53 years married have recently lost my fair lady to pneumonia but we never believed good manners belittled either party

A little off topic, but I once listened to a co-worker talk about how she tells her young daughters "you can fall in love with a rich man just as easy as a poor man". Yeah, great advice from the one person in life children look up to. Not "if you want something in this world, you have to work for it", or "you can achieve anything as long as you put you mind to it". Instead, "you're a girl so you might as well put all that effort into finding a rich husband". Just wrong.

As far as questioning toughness in a woman, just watch one go through childbirth.

Jon

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52

I am a little older than most here and I was taught by my Dad to be a gentleman, and all that entailed 40-50 years ago (I still take my hat off if I have one on while being introduced to a woman; I walk street-side when walking with my wife on a sidewalk, stuff like that. They are habits). I will hold a door for anybody who is in my periphery, but women in particular. I find that younger women do see it as patronizing, but that doesn't stop me from doing it. The first time I picked up my wife for a date I went around and opened the car door for her and I still would if she hadn't convinced me that it isn't necessary anymore. But she really liked it when I did it.

When I walk into my home, I know whose domain it is. I have no problem with that and willingly accept my weekly to-do list, but I don't doubt that she could do anything on that list, some a lot better than me.

Originally Posted by pabird

I am probably older than your good self but could repeat your upbringing retained habits verbatim

After 53 years married have recently lost my fair lady to pneumonia but we never believed good manners belittled either party

That's a long time. So sorry for your loss.

Bill M

• 3 weeks later...

Will you marry me?

sure, why not?

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 5 Hybrid
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron
Adams a70S Hybrid Gap Wedge
Adams Lady Fairway 1007 Putter

Note: This thread is 3329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!