IGNORED

If you could pass along your tip to use, one that isn't likely found in any golf book, what would it be?

Spitfisher
Note: This thread is 3514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In the rough, don't address the ball with the club stuck in the bottom of the rough, below the ball. Address the ball the same way as you would on the fairway. Soling the club underneath the ball may cause you to partially hit under the ball.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Back to the Glove Topic:

My observation.......Most typical weekend golfers wear old, worn, dirty, and nasty gloves.  Many also wear the glove the whole time!  .......Or at least too much of the time!   A glove should only be worn during the shot and immediately removed between shots.   This is to keep it clean, dry, and as fresh as possible.  Too many people wear the glove constantly and then they wonder why it's completely saturated in sweat!

Even if you remove the glove after each shot, it will still get sweaty on a hot day.    Step 1.....throw away those nasty old gloves!  Those things are NASTY!!  A fresh glove is a must.    I always carry extra gloves in my bag and I will rotate gloves on a shot-per-shot basis on hot days to give them a chance to dry out.

IMO...rain gloves are unnecessary.  A fresh glove is all a golfer needs.  I always buy 6 gloves at a time so I have backups.  If one starts to get juicy, it goes in the trash can and is immediately replaced with a new glove.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Back to the Glove Topic:

My observation.......Most typical weekend golfers wear old, worn, dirty, and nasty gloves.  Many also wear the glove the whole time!  .......Or at least too much of the time!   A glove should only be worn during the shot and immediately removed between shots.   This is to keep it clean, dry, and as fresh as possible.  Too many people wear the glove constantly and then they wonder why it's completely saturated in sweat!

Even if you remove the glove after each shot, it will still get sweaty on a hot day.    Step 1.....throw away those nasty old gloves!  Those things are NASTY!!  A fresh glove is a must.    I always carry extra gloves in my bag and I will rotate gloves on a shot-per-shot basis on hot days to give them a chance to dry out.

IMO...rain gloves are unnecessary.  A fresh glove is all a golfer needs.  I always buy 6 gloves at a time so I have backups.  If one starts to get juicy, it goes in the trash can and is immediately replaced with a new glove.

You don't live in Texas, do you?

Humid, 95+ degrees, sun beating down on you, no wind, on the range beating balls and drilling...

Back to the glove...

On the range for 2-3 hours in those conditions, I start out with no glove, graduate to dry tack (towel or powder), glove, and when the sweat is pouring down both wrists to the hands, 2 gloves. It was only necessary twice this summer, when everything was soaked and one lost 5 lbs of water in 3 hrs of practice.

ON the course, I have no need for rain gloves. I start without a glove, and then graduate to one glove. I take the glove off when the ball gets on or near the green.

Two gloves is an emergency ... no one enjoys looking like Tommy Two Gloves unless you're Tommy Two Gloves.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

If you could pass along your tip to use, one that isn't likely found in any golf book, what would...

This sounds like an invitation to the biggest collection of bad advice in the history of the game. :-\

I can't relate to the 2 glove thing, but I do understand why Tommy gets it from his baseball playing days.

For golfers in general....I don't get it.   My left hand is barely even on the club and no matter how hot and humid the conditions.......I've never had an issue or considered a need for a glove on the 'non-glove' hand.  As a lefty, I feel that my left hand has a lot to do with controlling the clubface leading up to impact, but it's doing very little in the way of gripping the club.   It's gently resting on the club and providing control.  I'm sure this probably doesn't make sense to a lot of people reading this.

my 2 cents....

What's in Paul's Bag:

I can't relate to the 2 glove thing, but I do understand why Tommy gets it from his baseball playing days.

For golfers in general....I don't get it.   My left hand is barely even on the club and no matter how hot and humid the conditions.......I've never had an issue or considered a need for a glove on the 'non-glove' hand.  As a lefty, I feel that my left hand has a lot to do with controlling the clubface leading up to impact, but it's doing very little in the way of gripping the club.   It's gently resting on the club and providing control.  I'm sure this probably doesn't make sense to a lot of people reading this.

my 2 cents....

My $.02.

We're all different. I seem to sweat profusely... all that pressure..... :-$

It's like Tour Velvet grips ... I cannot understand why anyone would like them ... they go slick on me in no time at all. Others love them. Different chemistry.

.. I was just in Myrtle Beach ... oh my god I am not sure how people live in that ... ;-) I bought rain gloves while in Myrtle ...

We stay in the AC all day and golf twilight or early AM. Let the tourist die in the humidity.

A tip that isn't already in a golf book?  That's a tall order. I think almost every tip imaginable, good or bad, is written down in some golf book somewhere.

Maybe here's one, though . . .taking kind of a different angle.  I don't think too many golf books would tell you this . . .

"Golf is a lot harder than it looks.  You might practice the things in this book for years and never be any good.  Therefore, adjust your expectations before you begin".

• Administrator

A tip that isn't already in a golf book?  That's a tall order. I think almost every tip imaginable, good or bad, is written down in some golf book somewhere.

Maybe here's one, though . . .taking kind of a different angle.  I don't think too many golf books would tell you this . . .

"Golf is a lot harder than it looks.  You might practice the things in this book for years and never be any good.  Therefore, adjust your expectations before you begin".

Nope, that's covered. :) Check out the video in

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My $.02.

We're all different. I seem to sweat profusely... all that pressure.....

It's like Tour Velvet grips ... I cannot understand why anyone would like them ... they go slick on me in no time at all. Others love them. Different chemistry.

I hate those too!   Full cord all the way...........rougher the better!  The best grip ever made was a Golf Pride rubber tour wrap full cord, and I miss it.  (not made in several years)  I guess it was never a popular grip because golfers complained it was too rough on the hands.

What's in Paul's Bag:

After I have settled into my stance, and just before I start my back swing, I keep a mental image of the club head sending the ball flying towards my intended target during my entire swing. That's all I see/think about during my swing. I do this probably 98% of the time. It works especially well when I am playing better than normal.

I would imagine this is actually in a book some where. I am just going back to my baseball days when I would throw the ball at a target I was looking at. Only difference is instead of a ball, I am seeing the club head hit the ball at my target.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 3514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!