IGNORED

TRUE Linkswear 2015 Lineup

Note: This thread is 3360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

If you've not liked TRUE shoes because you want a little more cushioning and support, you really need to try this shoe.

I like it quite a bit - I don't "love" it because it has a bit more cushioning than I'd like - but it's going to be a great shoe for a lot of golfers.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am hoping the PGATSS gets the new line so I can see what size fits me best in the bee line.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

Looks like the 2015 True line up has surfaced.

Only one Barefoot option . I hope that isn't true.

Not a trend I want to see. Luckily I have a new pair of Protos still waiting to be worn.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

• Administrator

BTW, the shoes are true to the 2013 fit.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've been walking 18 in my Sensei's and I ended up with "black toenail". Not sure if it's because I've been truckin' but I haven't had that happen since I was training to run 5k's.

Dave :-)

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

A quick heads up on some sizing stuff.

I wore a 20xx - 2013 size of 10.5.

In 2014 I had to wear an 11 in most shoes (and an 11.5 would have been okay).

Game Changer Hybrid - 10.5 is fine

Game Changer Pro - 10.5 is fine

Classix - 10.5 is a tight fit but not so tight I need to go to an 11. This style of shoe is more traditional and not your typical wide "TRUE" style shoe, so it'll fit a bit more like a traditional saddle golf shoe.

Oxford - 10.5 is probably going to be swapped out for 11.0. Despite freeing the tongue to make a larger opening, the shoe is not very wide and feels small in every dimension. Because it's mostly leather it may stretch a bit with use, but… My three pair of Oxfords are probably going to be swapped for 11s.

Motion - See post #30.

So 11.5 Sensei, Proto and True Pro would be 11.5 for this years Hybrid?

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator

So 11.5 Sensei, Proto and True Pro would be 11.5 for this years Hybrid?

The Game Changers are simultaneously the most like prior TRUE models in how they fit :), and least like them in how much padding they have. :(

The Game Changers are simultaneously the most like prior TRUE models in how they fit :), and least like them in how much padding they have. :(

Agree on both accounts.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Kind of bummed the pgass doesn't have the new line in store to try on. I still say the Sensei is the most comfortable shoe made

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Iacas thank you and the site for the info on True shoes. Probably wouldn't have tries them or heard of them without this sites support and reviews.

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
A quick heads up on some sizing stuff.

I wore a 20xx - 2013 size of 10.5.

In 2014 I had to wear an 11 in most shoes (and an 11.5 would have been okay).

Motion - See post #30.

Motion - Fits like the 2013 models. The 10.5 fits great. Probably my favorite model in the current lineup.

Also, the Oxfords fit much more easily when you pull the tongue out farther. 11 might be a smidgen too big.

Motion - Fits like the 2013 models. The 10.5 fits great. Probably my favorite model in the current lineup.

Also, the Oxfords fit much more easily when you pull the tongue out farther. 11 might be a smidgen too big.

Great to hear about the Motion, that's the model I wanted.  Nobody in Canada seems to carry it (at least not in Southern Ontario that I've been able to find) so I'm going to have to order online.  I feel much more confident of that now.

How have you found the spikes on the Motion?  They look much more aggressive than they have in the past.  I've never had grip issues before but more can't hurt.

Brad

• Administrator

How have you found the spikes on the Motion?  They look much more aggressive than they have in the past.  I've never had grip issues before but more can't hurt.

I haven't played in them yet, but they are more aggressive, yes. I too had no problem with he smaller ones in other shoes, so I don't expect to in the Motions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

Also, the Oxfords fit much more easily when you pull the tongue out farther. 11 might be a smidgen too big.

Great to hear about the Motion, that's the model I wanted.  Nobody in Canada seems to carry it (at least not in Southern Ontario that I've been able to find) so I'm going to have to order online.  I feel much more confident of that now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradsul

I haven't played in them yet, but they are more aggressive, yes. I too had no problem with he smaller ones in other shoes, so I don't expect to in the Motions.

I've played in the Motion several rounds and in wet grass a few times. I think they have slightly better grip than my Stealths.  The Stealths had round cleats and would slip a small amount in wet grass, but not always.  Very comfortable shoes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Anyone else run into your normal pant length becoming too long when wearing Trues?

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Anyone else run into your normal pant length becoming too long when wearing Trues?

Your "normal" length may be too long. If your pants normally bunch at the top of your regular shoes, then the back of the leg may catch on the heel of smaller Trues.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmanbooyaa

Your "normal" length may be too long. If your pants normally bunch at the top of your regular shoes, then the back of the leg may catch on the heel of smaller Trues.

Just one pair and with my Stealths.  My other pants had no issue.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!