Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jamo

What Podcasts Do You Listen To?

Note: This thread is 1071 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

94 posts / 13598 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

What is ATP?

EDIT: Never mind I googled ATP Podcast and found it. Accidental Tech Podcast which is referenced above.

I listen to some well produced podcasts that I doubt make money. Slate podcasts are pretty good but I Just bet their audience is small in terms of making a profit.

ATP sounds like a tennis podcast if you don't follow Apple.

Yeah, probably not much, the thing about podcasts is you don't need a lot of subs to get into the black. It's like all these tv shows now with only 1-2 million regular viewers.

Off topic but IIRC, Slate was owned by Microsoft who then sold it to WaPo? Who was then bought by Amazon? I wonder who owns it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

ATP sounds like a tennis podcast if you don't follow Apple.

Yeah, probably not much, the thing about podcasts is you don't need a lot of subs to get into the black. It's like all these tv shows now with only 1-2 million regular viewers.

Off topic but IIRC, Slate was owned by Microsoft who then sold it to WaPo? Who was then bought by Amazon? I wonder who owns it now.

It's not that far off topic:podcasts.

And what is IIRC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gregsandiego said:

It's not that far off topic:podcasts.

And what is IIRC?

If I recall correctly. 

If anyone's interested, Bezos owns The Washington Post independently of Amazon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 1/17/2017 at 8:43 PM, jbishop15 said:

Hold onto your butts, a long list is coming: 

  • Story and Star Wars

This podcast has been very fun to listen to :beer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't listen to any podcasts but I watch a fair amount of streaming.

https://www.twitch.tv/

https://beam.pro/

Most of the streams are video game related of course but Twitch has a Creative section that was quite busy for a while (more-so on evenings/weekends).  If you're curious to see live gameplay before you buy a game or want to ask a streamer questions about a game it's a great way to do that.  Or if you're curious to see woodworking, cooking, drawing, programming, or a variety of other trades the Creative section is good for that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2017 at 1:49 PM, jbishop15 said:

It's great, isn't it? I really learned a lot. 

I've been listening to his Podcast on Tolkin. He's going to spending the next year or two going through the Hobbit and LOTR books. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I listened to it all within 24 hours. I don't even really know why I found it so interesting. 

Last I heard, @Golfingdad is on episode 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 minutes ago, jamo said:

I listened to it all within 24 hours. I don't even really know why I found it so interesting. 

Last I heard, @Golfingdad is on episode 3. 

Better than Serial? Or too different to say? Only halfway through 1st episode. Reviews coming up, so probably need to get going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Better than Serial? Or too different to say? Only halfway through 1st episode. Reviews coming up, so probably need to get going.

Through episode 1 and some of 2 it seems quite similar to Serial.

Its not.

I'm in the middle of ep 4 right now.  Good for everything else but bad for podcasts is that my commute isn't that long. :). Only most of one episode per day for me.

Edited by Golfingdad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Through episode 1 and some of 2 it seems quite similar to Serial.

Its not.

I'm in the middle of ep 4 right now.  Good for everything else but bad for podcasts is that my commute isn't that long. :). Only most of one episode per day for me.

@jamo, you're a monster, the whole thing in 24 hours? I'm going to cheat a little and read some of the transcript if they finish soon enough.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

@jamo, you're a monster, the whole thing in 24 hours? I'm going to cheat a little and read some of the transcript if they finish soon enough.

FWIW, I'd recommend listening to it over reading a transcript. You really want to get to know the characters. 

17 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Better than Serial? Or too different to say? Only halfway through 1st episode. Reviews coming up, so probably need to get going.

Better than Serial season 2. Not as good as season 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, jamo said:

FWIW, I'd recommend listening to it over reading a transcript. You really want to get to know the characters.

Oh totally!  Also, @nevets88, it's only 7 episodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

Halfway through episode 5. Holy Rashomon. I'm inclined to believe Rita now. What a mess though. 

Right?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, jamo said:

Right?? 

Rita sounds well adjusted and has records. Tyler has kids with 3 women before 21. Who are you gonna trust?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1071 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...