IGNORED

Off season equipment changes?

jajwrigh
Note: This thread is 3416 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah the northeast is about to get hammered with snow, and your talking about no off-season on California... must be nice

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah the northeast is about to get hammered with snow, and your talking about no off-season on California... must be nice

It is....... :-D

Changes galore. Went from AP2 to my older SGI. Thought I needed thinner clubs. They looked great but punishing with my inconsistent swing. ARGH. Callaway Xhot 20* replacing Adams a12pro. Don't need a pro anything in my bag. Bought a Game golf because it was $120 on Amazon. Trying to make the game easier and break 90

Changes galore.

Me, too.  Everything goes from PW to driver, replaced with fitted clubs.  Keeping the putter and wedges for now.

My new 4 hybrid arrived today.  Getting a round in tomorrow before rain comes on Thursday.  It's gonna be less than ideal 65 degrees with a bit of cloud.  What a terrible weather to play golf! :-P

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

New grips and maybe a pair of new shoes, FT DNA's look good and the reviews have been good.  I'm adding a Scotty Cameron putter to my bag a Futura X Dual Balance.  I've only used this once on the practice green but it feels great and seems to round the ball true.  The weather man here in Kansas says Friday is going to be a good day (above freezing anyway) so I'm going to put it to the test for the first time.

Just got G30 irons with graphite shafts to help arthritis. So far,I can play, and hit balls without bothering my hands. I have been hitting them straight, but distance is a bit inconsistent. The short irons seem to be the biggest adjustment. So far, so good, but it will be hard to get true results until the warm spring weather.

There's no off season for me here in CA.   But after 5 years of playing golf, I've got my clubs fitted this month.   I am waiting for them do arrive.   Driver is already here and is looking promising.  It's more accurate, and goes longer (5 - 10 yards) but need to collect more data before declaring it a success.

I'm interest in seeing if your fitted clubs make a difference.

I was fitted years ago and was told that I needed standard length shafts, even though I am 6'3". I already had a set of Ben Hogan blades that were 1" longer than normal. So, I bought a set of Titleist irons, standard length shafts, and found that not only did I lose distance, but also my accuracy was effected, as well. I eventually sold the Titleist and upgraded the Ben Hogan blades for Ben Hogan forged cavity backs, 1" longer shafts, and never regretted the decision.  Maybe I just had a bad fitting.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I'm going to get fit for a driver.  I've been feeling better about my swing, thanks in part to the help here.  So I figured since I've been hitting the ball more consistently, I thought it's time to get fit.  I wasn't sure it was worth the trouble back when I was chunking and thinning shots all over the place.

Until now, all my clubs have been ones I picked up on eBay or other discount places.  So this is the first time I'm looking at get a shiny, new, latest tech club.  My current driver is a Taylor Made Tour Burner TP, about 6 years old, so I'm curious to see if the new tech will make a big difference.

I'm open to try whatever club works best for me, but I have to say the Ping G30 looks pretty tasty.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

There's no off season for me here in CA.   But after 5 years of playing golf, I've got my clubs fitted this month.   I am waiting for them do arrive.   Driver is already here and is looking promising.  It's more accurate, and goes longer (5 - 10 yards) but need to collect more data before declaring it a success.

I'm interest in seeing if your fitted clubs make a difference.

I was fitted years ago and was told that I needed standard length shafts, even though I am 6'3". I already had a set of Ben Hogan blades that were 1" longer than normal. So, I bought a set of Titleist irons, standard length shafts, and found that not only did I lose distance, but also my accuracy was effected, as well. I eventually sold the Titleist and upgraded the Ben Hogan blades for Ben Hogan forged cavity backs, 1" longer shafts, and never regretted the decision.  Maybe I just had a bad fitting.

I am chronicling my progress in another thread.   So far, the new driver looks promising.  I just got a hybrid yesterday and took it to range to "break in" the club.  It also looks promising.    The common theme for my fitted clubs are added distance and forgiveness .   With my current HI of 20 and occasional OBs ruining my rounds, I think "forgiveness" is more important trait and I am getting them with the new clubs.   BTW, my new clubs will be 1/2 inch shorter, 2 degrees flat.   I still gain a few yards despite shorter club length.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

So far just thinking about getting Lamkin grips put on my 54 and 58 degree wedges. Heard about them on XM PGA radio.

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

I'll probably do a little putter and hybrid window shopping this off-season. Not becuase I need them necessarily, but I'm just a sucker for shiny new toys! Would love to get fitted with new irons this off-season but will probably hold off until I get a little more use out of the one's I have now. I bought them when I got back into playing 2 years ago without a fitting, they're OK, but I just feel as though if I knew then what I know now I probably would have gone for something different. Hard to justify swapping out an entire set of irons that are only 2 years old though so I'll probably just stick with getting them re-gripped for now.

selling off all my 2014 clubs,( course are closed here right now, although I still see green grass) making room for 2015s

I do this every year

Wow, I thought people doing this was just a myth like people replacing their new car every year.   More power to you ... I am green with envy.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Wow, I thought people doing this was just a myth like people replacing their new car every year.   More power to you ... I am green with envy.

God bless those people. I might even buy some of their gear.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Kinda weird post.   Vague on the club selections yet so specific on the ball choice?    Just saying.

Dropped a titleist 906f4 3w for a X2 hot 4w.  The 60* wedge was an older cleveland and the 19* hybrid was a TM Dual rescue.  Better now?

Dropped a titleist 906f4 3w for a X2 hot 4w.  The 60* wedge was an older cleveland and the 19* hybrid was a TM Dual rescue.  Better now?

How do you like the X2 Hot? I love mine.

Current setup:

Adams A70 Putter

TM Rac 60 wedge

TM Rac 52 wedge

Mizuno MP-32 3-P KBS Tour xstiff with old fashioned 1965 lofts

Callaway Apex UT KBS C-Taper xstiff 21 degrees

TM Burner 2.0 19 degree (meas.) hybrid KBS-Hybrid xstiff

Cobra Biocell PX6.0 Set at 11.5 degrees

Thinking of changing to:

Adams A70 Putter

TM Rac 60 wedge

TM Rac 52 wedge

Cleveland CG Tour 3-P DG R300 with more modern lofts (This is also only temporary)

Callaway Apex UT KBS C-Taper S 21 degrees

TM Burner 2.0 19 degree (meas.) hybrid matrix S stock shaft

TM R15 R Flex Fujikura

also considering Ping G30 (U-4) with stock S flex, or Mizuno JPX-850 (G-4) R300

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Will probably upgrade my Benross 12 Degree Hot Speed driver. I was contemplating the Cobra Bio Cell, but the X2 Hot seems to get better amateur reviews (with better forgiveness) which is surprising as it has a slightly longer shaft than the Bio Cell. My swing speed with the 45 inch Benross is 92-94mph, so I'd expect 95 with the longer clubs and hopefully total distance over 250.

Callaway Big Bertha V Series 10.5 Driver stiff shaft
Benross Hot Speed 16 deg 3 fw
Callaway XR 22 deg hybrid
Callaway XR 25 deg hybrid
Callaway Big Bertha 6-pw
Callaway Mack Daddy 3 48/54/60 wedges
Odyssey White Hot Pro Havok

Note: This thread is 3416 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!