IGNORED

My Swing (GolfLug)

GolfLug

Second round in six weeks. Just about the easiest 79 I could shoot today. No sixes and no doubles. 

Decent ball striking. Putting, as always could be so much better but made a couple of lucky bombs from 25+ feet so it all evened out I guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Been reading biomechanics/force application in movements. This somehow grabbed me as interesting - you cannot direct force, you can only position levers and joints and apply force and the direction sorts itself out. Like an one-off switch. Sorta..

I'm convinced it means the most important thing one can do deliberately is position their levers and joints (at the top of the backswing) and let then, 'may the force be with you' at the right moment and right position/arrangement of levers and joints. 

Another fact (I think..) - if distal joints, wrists/elbows lock out anytime during the swing, chances are - something wasn't positioned correctly. Free small joints, especially at impact indicate good things - probably that the core joints are doing their job.

This is probably all very basic/general but good things for me to remember.

Edited by GolfLug
  • Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

13 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Been reading biomechanics/force application in movements. This somehow grabbed me as interesting - you cannot direct force, you can only position levers and joints and apply force and the direction sorts itself out. Like an one-off switch. Sorta..

I'm convinced it means the most important thing one can do deliberately is position their levers and joints (at the top of the backswing) and let then, 'may the force be with you' at the right moment and right position/arrangement of levers and joints. 

Another fact (I think..) - if distal joints, wrists/elbows lock out anytime during the swing, chances are - something wasn't positioned correctly. Free small joints, especially at impact indicate good things - probably that the core joints are doing their job.

This is probably all very basic/general but good things for me to remember.

I’ve not considered that before - cool

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

5 hours ago, GolfLug said:

And here I thought the most important thing you can do is to hit the golf ball 😃

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

55 minutes ago, billchao said:

And here I thought the most important thing you can do is to hit the golf ball 😃

Ughh.. total myth perpetuated by the golf ball industry.

• Funny 2

Vishal S.

I'm going to have this bad boy tested for STDs.

It was running around feral near my net in the backyard. Been living out in the open for a couple of weeks. Sounded funny after a first few hits. He is all bubbled up. Others around it were just fine. Dood needs some help. Heh.

PXL_20221221_001251412.jpg

• Funny 2

Vishal S.

11 hours ago, GolfLug said:

I'm going to have this bad boy tested for STDs.

It was running around feral near my net in the backyard. Been living out in the open for a couple of weeks. Sounded funny after a first few hits. He is all bubbled up. Others around it were just fine. Dood needs some help. Heh.

PXL_20221221_001251412.jpg

Any nuclear power plants nearby?

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

26 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Any nuclear power plants nearby?

Nope.. only my dynomighty nookiller driver..😂

I mean, damn I must hit hard..

• Funny 1

Vishal S.

• 2 weeks later...

81 today on a muni with my boss who is a rank beginner so spent some time with him on basics like grip and swinging with balance. Hit well for a beginner but I could tell the lights were dimming out by the 12th hole but he sucked it up and finished out like a trooper. I remember how discouraging it was as a beginner. And flat out exhausting.. 😊

Greens were dormant. It was like putting on wet carpet with ball bouncing all over the place. There were even clover sprouts and sprigs of crab grass (I think) on some spots..😄. But it is winter so who cares. Nice to be able to play.

Driver was good except for three holes in the middle. Realized I had lost focus, lower body flex and posture. In other words, turning flat/swaying. Hit reset and finished strong last five holes. 

Sustaining both mental and physical stamina over 18 holes will be focus aspects this year.

Edited by GolfLug
  • Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

Happy New Year! Weather warmed a tad. Here's couple of cold swings. 

Something...still...not....right. Feels a bit hurried. Club keeps tipping out from top. IDK.😑

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

• Administrator

Be sure to get some FO stuff. Backswing looks much better than a year ago this time, from this view.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Lol..😂... No idea how I get to impact from here. The instinct to go straight to the ball from the top is so strong, I don't know if I can ever change this picture.

Screenshot_20230103-060909.png

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

I don't know if I can ever change this picture.

YOU CAN!
It might take a while. You might have to totally exaggerate it the other direction for a while. But you can do it. 

There are certain pieces of all of our swings that are difficult to change. It's like they are hard wired into our brains. 

You can do it. Hang in there. Work hard. Exaggerate a ton. Shoot a lot of video. Do a lot of slow mo. Even if you don't post the video, shoot it. It will help you.

• Thumbs Up 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Dr. J, one of the members at the CC cracked me up at the range yesterday. He said, "You know why I play golf? It's like going to a movie and you are in front of the screen watching it, on the screen as the star and behind the screen trying to direct it all along while having lost the script on hole one. Most days it turns out to be a darn good comedy..".  😂

Vishal S.

I will spare everyone a new video but really it is the same crap.. I am fundamentally unteachable.

What I think I am doing..

Screenshot_20230108-130658.png

And what I am doing..

Screenshot_20230103-060909.png

I have been at it for weeks but not the slightest difference. Will go back to my previous priority.

Vishal S.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, GolfLug said:

I have been at it for weeks but not the slightest difference. Will go back to my previous priority.

You've not really gotten any instruction on that stuff, though. The last thing you and I worked on has looked pretty good, right?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

You've not really gotten any instruction on that stuff, though. The last thing you and I worked on has looked pretty good, right?

I know. I am hoping we address it this year. I feel like I'm getting away with BS. Low margin move.

Vishal S.