IGNORED

My Swing (GolfLug)

GolfLug

• Administrator

You set up with the ball off the toe, and hit it off the toe.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not gonna lie, I am obsessed with these little nippers. They are pure fun when you get them right. Anyway, bit more off the toe. 

Vishal S.

Go back to basics.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Go back to basics.

You know, I have to agree with you. I've made it much harder in my head then it should be. Thanks for the nudge.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

I promise this will be my last post on chips for a while. I promise y'all. I mean, until tomorrow..😂 

Even my daughter noticed couple of days that my chipping looked like I was having some kinda spazzy neurological misfires and said I need to buy one of them 'chipping putter thingy' or something and she's not much of a golfer. Ouch. Can't have that. Nope. 🤣

• Funny 1

Vishal S.

10 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Even my daughter noticed couple of days that my chipping looked like I was having some kinda spazzy neurological misfires and said I need to buy one of them 'chipping putter thingy' or something and she's not much of a golfer. Ouch. Can't have that. Nope. 🤣

Even for a teenager, that is brutal. Ouch.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I’m not going to comment on your technique since I can’t hit a chip if I stuck my wedge into a freshly opened bag of Lay’s but you’re hitting these shots rather quickly for a practice session, aren’t you?

• Funny 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

37 minutes ago, billchao said:

I can’t hit a chip if I stuck my wedge into a freshly opened bag of Lay’s

I mean come on…that’s just poetry!😃

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I’m not going to comment on your technique since I can’t hit a chip if I stuck my wedge into a freshly opened bag of Lay’s but you’re hitting these shots rather quickly for a practice session, aren’t you?

Fair question. Two things:

1) I noticed I had gotten loosey goosey, so I am practicing firmer wrists (specifically right wrist) through impact. It is a simple motion with minimal angulation/de-angulation of shaft/wrists etc.  

2) Hyperfocus on smaller motions like chips and putts are counterproductive. I believe, tension/yips are result of overthinking mechanics when standing over the ball. I am not rushing for sure as you have to fully settle down, but unlike full swing motions, I think it important to not give chipping mechanics any more time and respect than it deserves. I literally am practicing that. 

And can't hit a chip through a bag of Lays??? That is flipping hilarious.. 🤣  

Vishal S.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 7:30 PM, GolfLug said:

I promise this will be my last post on chips for a while. I promise y'all. I mean, until tomorrow..😂 

Your own kid telling you you need a chipper. Ouch  😆

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

This on-plane aid is set at a safe distance but is a great visual aid for loopy arm and club head path I am prone to. Elbow still too low at A4 but will continue working with the swing extender to map it better.

• Thumbs Up 3

Vishal S.