IGNORED

My Swing (GolfLug)

GolfLug

On 11/4/2022 at 8:45 AM, GolfLug said:

Drove well with this additionally thought - "Unstacked shoulders with deep hands".

Did this well until the 14th hole. Did not miss a fairway and then huge block slices on 15th, 17th (the hardest holes on the course) and 18th. I am still trying unravel what happened but I am assuming I lost hand depth, turned flat, letting my right elbow get too far behind me.... all things I kept telling myself I shouldn't do, ya know, thems being bad for me and all. It's pretty much a prayer from there and let's just say I didn't pray hard enough..  

Needed to play +1 last two holes to break 80 and win both sides but finished double-double. Anyway lost the back side by two points thanks to my spectacular blow up. 

Did someone say golf is for relaxation??  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Did someone say golf is for relaxation?? 

No. They said Golf Is Hard!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

PXL_20221203_142121151.jpg

The net arrived yesterday. Trying to motivate my lazy self..

Not sure to practice or rake leaves... Ha.

If you stick a piano behind it, it will increase your motivation to practice 😃

• Funny 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

It is normal for you to still have leaves to rake at the beginning of December? 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

11 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

It is normal for you to still have leaves to rake at the beginning of December? 

Yah, it will another few weeks before everything goes bald and brown. It's 60 degs today.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

6 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Yah, it will another few weeks before everything goes bald and brown. It's 60 degs today.

Well the trees anyway.

• Funny 5

Scott

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Well the trees anyway.

OMG that was so good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Well the trees anyway.

Sonofagun... Took me minute to pick up on that one.. 😄

• Funny 1

Vishal S.

13 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Sonofagun... Took me minute to pick up on that one.. 😄

My wife didn’t tell me that I was losing my hair. It was only when I saw pictures of myself in a coaches soccer game that I noticed.

BTW, be careful with that net and hitting wedges. I missed high a couple of times.

Scott

My Swing Thread

(edited)
1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

My wife didn’t tell me that I was losing my hair. It was only when I saw pictures of myself in a coaches soccer game that I noticed.

Lol.. that ship sailed 15 years ago.

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

BTW, be careful with that net and hitting wedges. I missed high a couple of times.

Thanks. Only driver and longer sticks. Will chip every now and then. 

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

How far away from the net did you stand? Granted, I launch my wedges lower than you, but I haven’t had that issue. I only hit GW as a precaution but there’s plenty of vertical room to spare.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I've done it. More than once. My basement ceiling has 3 ball marks that my bride likes to "remind" me of every now and then. 

6 minutes ago, billchao said:

How far away from the net did you stand? Granted, I launch my wedges lower than you, but I haven’t had that issue. I only hit GW as a precaution but there’s plenty of vertical room to spare.

I've done it a couple of times. Eventually I learned to move closer to the net for wedge work. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I think I hit it fat and it bounced off the mat.

Scott

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I've done it a couple of times. Eventually I learned to move closer to the net for wedge work. 

I will never stand within six feet of the net. Took a hard ricochet standing too close few years ago. Ball hit me on the nose bridge squarely making me pass out for a minute. Just saying...

Vishal S.

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I stand just far enough away from the net that I’m not going to hit the frame in the follow through with the club.

8 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

I will never stand within six feet of the net. Took a hard ricochet standing too close few years ago. Ball hit me on the nose bridge squarely making me pass out for a minute. Just saying...

The ball shouldn’t ricochet back towards you with that net. The bigger problem is the wind likes to knock it down.

Bill

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

The ball shouldn’t ricochet back towards you with that net. The bigger problem is the wind likes to knock it down.

Yes it was a different brand net with with metal 'rib' running half way up and across off which the ball ricocheted. 

This net frame narrows up vertically so not taking a chance of catching it. 

I have wide bodied angled heavy plastic stakes from another contraption that I angle in through the loops. They are hard to rip up and out of the ground.

Vishal S.

Welp, the piano is back in action.

Focus here is posture. For a while I have realized that I am not covering the ball with torso which leads to narrowness at A4 and also early extension of the trail elbow into impact. Sorta throwing the club at the ball.

Need to retain elbow and wrist flexion through impact (well, that's the practice feel). Getting better width/depth at A4.

Goal is to get to the impact position at slightly faster speed and then eventually at full speed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.