IGNORED

Want to try to turn pro

golfrocks
Note: This thread is 3376 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ah, I get your point. Yes, I suppose I was passing off my opinion as a "fact". I'm generally not as careful posting on a forum as I am in my professional settings.

Yeah, it's just something that's particularly gets me.  I probably could have gone about the conversation in a better manner.

Some people, like us, don't like to "put all our eggs in one basket". However, I've learned through the years that it takes different personalities to do different jobs, so what might work for us does not mean it will work for everyone. The OP seems to be a very open type of person who wants to share his dreams and see what everyone thinks. He's still 15-ish, and at that age you can attempt such things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

The "taking" part of his personality has nothing to do with this thread, but I can see why some people responsed accordingly. I don't, because my life has too much going on to think back on what someone did to me days, weeks, months or years ago. I just respond to the situation at hand. Grudges take so much energy and thought, it's just not worth it to me.

See, I feel it does have something to do with this thread.  OP has shown something of himself and from what I've seen, all he wants to do is get as much as he can and not give anything back.  So, here he is again just trying to take some more by asking a question or looking for some advice.  When someone is being so blatant about it, it really doesn't give me much of a reason to help them out.  It'd be a lot different if it were you who I feel contributes a significant amount thereby giving to this community rather than just take.

Maybe I'm fortunate because I don't have many people in my personal life that are like that, or maybe it's because I don't have much tolerance for people who act in such a manner that subconsciously I do what I can to not associate with them much in my personal life, so, when I see it, it bothers me.  I easily hold grudges because, when I can, I generally cut those people who I told the grudge against out of my life.  It usually takes a lot for me to get there so when a person reaches that level, it's pretty effortless.  It also helps that because I've cut that person out of my life as much as possible, the occasions where I have to interact with them are usually few and far between.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Sorry if I insulted you, and I will be more careful in the future.

No worries, and likewise! :beer:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On the off chance that the kid comes back, I'm calling BS on him being an 8.

I'm calling BS on him being a kid. He's actually a clever mole to create dissension in our ranks. Didn't work! Rfk & lihu sorted it out.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Why is that?

Because of his current swing.

You can see it in his swing thread.

He'll be OK, but if he was going to be a pro he'd be genuine scratch now.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

[QUOTE name="Pretzel" url="/t/79126/want-to-try-to-turn-pro/198#post_1098551"] Why is that?[/QUOTE] Because of his current swing. You can see it in his swing thread.  He'll be OK, but if he was going to be a pro he'd be genuine scratch now.

Once again, I'll defer to your knowledge. So, now I'm curious what parts of his swing indicate that he's not a high single digit?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

On the off chance that the kid comes back, I'm calling BS on him being an 8.

Is that because you don't want to admit that with his swing he'll be better than you'll ever be? :whistle:

I'm calling BS on him being a kid. He's actually a clever mole to create dissension in our ranks. Didn't work! Rfk & lihu sorted it out.

That'll teach them! :-$

Christian

Because of his current swing.

Once again, I'll defer to your knowledge.

So, now I'm curious what parts of his swing indicate that he's not a high single digit?

I have spent 40 years playing golf with very low markers.

Selective use of scores does not make a low handicap. Do you think he's scoring in the 70s a third of the time? (index and slope being accounted for)

You can even tell by his swing thread. He's asking questions every day about different things and not working on getting things right. He is in too much of a hurry.

Currently he is developing a swing that will work, but he does not have a powerful move through the ball and he does not have an athletic build.

This might change.

He is not developing any power from his legs, so he will not be hitting the ball far and he is coming off it early. A lot of his balls are going to be weak cuts.

There is nothing fluid or natural about his move, but that does not mean that he won't become a very good player. He may.

Problem is, his competition is guys 3 years younger who are shooting in the 60s on good courses.

My guess is that he can break 90 some of the time in good conditions.

He needs to follow advice of the generous free instructors here and just slow down.... it's getting crazy.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

[QUOTE name="Shorty" url="/t/79126/want-to-try-to-turn-pro/198#post_1098557"]   Because of his current swing. [/QUOTE] [QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/79126/want-to-try-to-turn-pro/198#post_1098560"] Once again, I'll defer to your knowledge. So, now I'm curious what parts of his swing indicate that he's not a high single digit?[/QUOTE] I have spent 40 years playing golf with very low markers.  Selective use of scores does not make a low handicap. Do you think he's scoring in the 70s a third of the time? (index and slope being accounted for) You can even tell by his swing thread. He's asking questions every day about different things and not working on getting things right. He is in too much of a hurry. Currently he is developing a swing that will work, but he does not have a powerful move through the ball and he does not have an athletic build. This might change. He is not developing any power from his legs, so he will not be hitting the ball far and he is coming off it early. A lot of his balls are going to be weak cuts. There is nothing fluid or natural about his move, b uit that does not mean that he won't become a very good player. He may. Problem is, his competition is guys 3 years younger who are shooting in the 60s on good courses. My guess is that he can break 90 some of the time in good conditions. He needs to follow advice of the generous free instructors here and just slow down.... it's getting crazy.

Wow, that's a pretty in depth analysis. Thank you for the explanation.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I have spent 40 years playing golf with very low markers.

Selective use of scores does not make a low handicap. Do you think he's scoring in the 70s a third of the time? (index and slope being accounted for)

You can even tell by his swing thread. He's asking questions every day about different things and not working on getting things right. He is in too much of a hurry.

Currently he is developing a swing that will work, but he does not have a powerful move through the ball and he does not have an athletic build.

This might change.

He is not developing any power from his legs, so he will not be hitting the ball far and he is coming off it early. A lot of his balls are going to be weak cuts.

There is nothing fluid or natural about his move, but that does not mean that he won't become a very good player. He may.

Problem is, his competition is guys 3 years younger who are shooting in the 60s on good courses.

My guess is that he can break 90 some of the time in good conditions.

He needs to follow advice of the generous free instructors here and just slow down.... it's getting crazy.

Wow, that's a pretty in depth analysis. Thank you for the explanation.

Seriously, there's some gold there.

I think I'd be afraid of @Shorty analyzing my swing, haha.

Christian

Is that because you don't want to admit that with his swing he'll be better than you'll ever be? :whistle:

Not necessarily. I've had several rounds in the 70s so it's not out of the question. The point is, I'm basing my comment in what I've seen in his swing thread. He has some nice things going on but I honestly don't think he scores that well.

Colin P.

I am thinking of making a thread: "How bitter are you that you are not a pro golfer?" But I guess I won't as it wouldn't be too well received, I am thinking.

I am thinking of making a thread: "How bitter are you that you are not a pro golfer?" But I guess I won't as it wouldn't be too well received, I am thinking.

The only "bitter" I feel is about a half pint of bitter. :beer:

You could re-word it as "If only. . .I might have had a chance to make pro?"

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Shorty's text is missing, what are you getting at?

That's because there was no text in his message, it was a picture.

If you click the little icon next to the "originally posted by xxxxxxx" in the quote box it will take you to the message being quoted.

In this case it was message #197 I was responding to.  I think you will get it when you look at that.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 3376 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!