IGNORED

Spring has sprung ........

ay33660
Note: This thread is 3302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It has been so sunny and warm where I golf, I have switched to long sleeve shirts. It had be close to 90 in the direct sun a few days ago.  Thermometers in the shade were reading 85. Today it has cooled off to 79+ due to a slight north breeze. No more cold weather around here till maybe the end of October.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Long Island, NY is scheduled to get 4-8 inches of snow tomorrow. So much for my driving range date with a friend I'm trying to get into golf for Saturday.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Long Island, NY is scheduled to get 4-8 inches of snow tomorrow. So much for my driving range date with a friend I'm trying to get into golf for Saturday.

What range do you go to?

Joe Paradiso

What range do you go to?

Sunken Meadow. Others too, but it's the only one open now as far as I can tell.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Sunken Meadow. Others too, but it's the only one open now as far as I can tell.

I usually go to Sky Drive in Farmingdale early in the season.  They have heated stalls and one of the few ranges that's open most of the  year.

Joe Paradiso

I usually go to Sky Drive in Farmingdale early in the season.  They have heated stalls and one of the few ranges that's open most of the  year.

I've never gone there; it's a bit out of the way, but I'll have to try it sometime. I've heard good things. I must say, I just love the tranquility of Sunken Meadow. Hitting into Sound in the distance gets the best out of me, I've found.

Dom's Sticks:

Houston has had some really good weather but just a lot of rain lately. I really wish I would of taken some pictures while playing today though. I played at a course that is semi nice but after rain the last 2 days the grass was so green and they were having a business tournament later in the day so the course looked like it belonged on the PGA tour. I played a resort course this last week while on spring break and got a decent picture from a par 3 that was pretty sweet- http://imgur.com/3Puqj7Z

Was kind of an overcast day but it was 75 degrees and no rain and it was great.

played some cold golf through the winter, mostly disappointing double bogey golf.  My last round before the arctic blast broke into the 80s.  After a month long winter shutout, I returned with a second round in the 80s.  First time I shot back to back rounds in the 80s.  2015 is looking good.

I got the bright idea last week to take a shag tube out and hit some balls with an "A" wedge in the great outdoors.  I went out to a local park located along the river.  I thought I'd bring a plane along to get a few flights in while the weather was in the 50's.  I flew for 12 minutes then decided to hit some balls.  I skulled the first two then started hitting them correctly.  The ground was pretty soupy and they were plugging pretty bad.  Plugging so bad that you could not get the ball out of the ground with the club.  They made a big sucking sound when pulling them out of the mud.  I put the club away and flew for another 1/2 hour.  The balls, shag tube, and club got a serious cleaning of river mud when I got home.  I went over yesterday and left the club at home.  It was 32 degrees and windy.  Spring has not sprung around here.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

I hate NW. Indiana. I played last monday in 70's for the first time, it was great just to be out. Snowing this morning.

Unbelievable how warm it is so far .... was about 68 degrees when we teed of at 3:30pm.

We finished by 6:40pm so a 3 hours and 10 minute round not too bad.

• Upvote 1

The forecast here is for 70° today and 80° tomorrow.  Leaves are breaking out and spring is truly here.  Now I have to shop for a mower... with more than a half acre to mow I'm getting a rider this time.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Unbelievable how warm it is so far .... was about 68 degrees when we teed of at 3:30pm.

We finished by 6:40pm so a 3 hours and 10 minute round not too bad.

We are still in the light brown stages.  I just came out of the department store and was greeted with snowflakes.

I'll use your picture on my desktop to hold me over until things get back in shape around here.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

We will be playing in the hottest day of the year (so far) tomorrow. The weather guy says 90*F with little on no wind. Luckily the course has a lot of trees for shade. Looking towards a record breaking summer with temps in 110-118 range depending on which part of town we might be playing in. Then there is that annual RV trip with friends to the Furnace Creek Golf Course in Death Valley, CA. 120*F plus won't be a surprise. Not a problem since it's a "dry heat"  they say........ :surrender:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Have my first high school tournament at a resort course 2 hours away from my house on Sunday and Monday and I am going up tomorrow to play a round before the tournament. Weather is going to be 80 degrees and sunny all the 3 days down here in Texas and its super nice. Favorite time of the year but in about 1-2 months it will be 110 and ya.

Another beautiful day up here in the great white north.

It's already that green in a place that far north?   Or are these spring pics from last year...LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

It's already that green in a place that far north?   Or are these spring pics from last year...LOL

I know. I'm dumbfounded as to how Canadia could look like that....

Colin P.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I know. I'm dumbfounded as to how Canadia could look like that....

That's Vancouver, not the Yukon.  The climate there is like Seattle, chilly and wet but not a lot of snow.  The ocean keeps the temperature fairly moderate.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 3302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!