IGNORED

Why is every one of Tiger's clubs Nike?

a456bt
Note: This thread is 3350 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pretty much all of the big name players can get their sponsor to make them anything they want.

Phil Mickelson- all callaways

Bubba Watson- all pings

Rory McILroy- all Nike

Jason Day- all Taylormade

Ricky Fowler- all Cobra (except Scotty putter but Cobra hasn't made putters in a while)

So it isn't really a rare thing to see

Last year Ernie Else used a prototype set of Adams irons made just for him, Adam Scott and Webb Simpson still get 680 irons made for them, Fred Couples used a set of Bridgestone irons for several years that were modeled off the TaylorMade 300 forged.

Most guys use clubs that are basically the same thing you can buy in stores, obviously they're all fitted for shafts that work best for them. Some of them get custom grinds but it's the same heads.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It didn't last very long though, Callaway was already in the process of making the X hot 3deep specifically for him. http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2012/11/2/3592684/phil-mickelson-taylormade-rocketballz-hsbc-golf  It was just filling out the bag until Callaway was ready to release his new stick.

The point I and @mvmac were making is that these golfers can and do use other manufacturers clubs if their sponsor can't provide them what they are looking for.

Joe Paradiso

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavvySwede

It didn't last very long though, Callaway was already in the process of making the X hot 3deep specifically for him. http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2012/11/2/3592684/phil-mickelson-taylormade-rocketballz-hsbc-golf  It was just filling out the bag until Callaway was ready to release his new stick.

The point I and @mvmac was making is that these golfers can and do use other manufacturers clubs if their sponsor can't provide them what they are looking for.

I know they have a choice. The point I was making was that they often don't stray to other brands because the sponsor will go to such great lengths to give them whatever they what. The 3deep was designed to make Phil happy. Callaway didn't even expect to make much money on it because so few people could get the most out of a club like the 3deep, but they did it anyway to make sure Phil's bag stayed all Callaway.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Because it's the Indian not the arrow at this level. Yeah some love certain clubs but could easily play with another high end club.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I didn't say they were holding him back, that's what I was wondering

But why are you wondering?

What would possess you to think that possibly the greatest player ever is doing himself a disservice?

All golf clubs made by major manufacturers (and Nike is now one of them) are very similar.

None have advantages or disadvantages over others.,

Cleveland and Vokey advertise.

Can you see where this is leading?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 3350 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!