IGNORED

Ronda Rousey "most dominant athlete in the world"?

Jeremie Boop
Note: This thread is 2670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree or disagree

• Agree
    • Disagree

Well, it's just a guy making a list in a magazine, so what "validity" did it have in the first place?  These type of subjective cross-sport rankings are mostly just for fun anyway, right?  Nobody's taking them seriously, are they?

I would give it as much clout as People's "Sexiest Man Alive" article.  I mean, I'm not even listed in the top 100, so it's OBVIOUSLY a complete farce.

Good point.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good point.

Thanks.  And since you didn't clarify, I'm gonna assume you are referring to my last point. :-P

Well, it's just a guy making a list in a magazine, so what "validity" did it have in the first place?  These type of subjective cross-sport rankings are mostly just for fun anyway, right?  Nobody's taking them seriously, are they?

I would give it as much clout as People's "Sexiest Man Alive" article.  I mean, I'm not even listed in the top 100, so it's OBVIOUSLY a complete farce.

Thanks.  And since you didn't clarify, I'm gonna assume you are referring to my last point.

Whatever floats your boat rofl

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Well then who's the guy in this thread? http://thesandtrap.com/t/60622/my-swing-golfingdad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

Good point.

Thanks.  And since you didn't clarify, I'm gonna assume you are referring to my last point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

If it is any consolation, I am not listed in the list either.  It's a travesty and a major shock to me I tell you.

Now back to the OT, I vote for Chinese Table Tennis team as the most dominant athlete in the world today, and in the last 20 years.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

• 3 weeks later...

Ronda Rousey might be the most dominant athlete in her sport... but we'll never know because of a lack of competition.

I'm sure in terms of legacy what she's aiming for is to be considered that big, "What if?" Greatest-of-all-time style.

Fedor has done it for men's MMA; He created such an aura whilst he competed, that even after he's retired, people will say, "Yeah, but could X have beaten Fedor in his prime?"

Of course, that's still a world away from the Karelin's, Armstrong's and Woods' of the world.

• 1 year later...
39 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

Looks like she just took another whooping. Fight stopped in first round. 

Done like dinner. She got demolished in that fight. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

On 12/31/2016 at 4:45 PM, Ernest Jones said:

Done like dinner. She got demolished in that fight. 

She needs to move on with her life. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I've read a couple things today regarding what "experts" think she should do now. Most agree she should retire, others seem to think getting rid of her coach or even completely switching camps will help. I think the real answer, which some have also mentioned, is that without the rock solid confidence that she used to have she'll never be able to do well again. She doesn't really believe deep down that she's the best anymore and that makes her hesitant. That hesitancy is why she was beaten so easily this time. I truly believe that that confidence is gone for good, especially given how this fight went. Had she came out and at least put in a good showing then I think it could very well have been a stepping stone back. I've never been a big fan of Rousey, but it's undeniable what she's done for the sport of women's MMA. Therein lies the reason for her downfall really, she's inspired other females to dedicate their lives to the sport just as the pioneers of men's MMA did. The same thing that happened to Rousey happened to many of the stars of early men's MMA, a new generation came in and completely dominated them. Some were able to change their training and come back to be successful and others weren't. I am fairly certain that she's one of those who won't be able to successfully make a comeback. Could she win fights again? Sure, depending on the opponent, but she'll never have a shot at being champ again. If she realizes she can't recapture the belt, I don't see her fighting anymore.

All that said, sources show $3 million for 48 seconds of beat down... I think we'd all take that!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

35 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

I've read a couple things today regarding what "experts" think she should do now. Most agree she should retire, others seem to think getting rid of her coach or even completely switching camps will help. I think the real answer, which some have also mentioned, is that without the rock solid confidence that she used to have she'll never be able to do well again. She doesn't really believe deep down that she's the best anymore and that makes her hesitant. That hesitancy is why she was beaten so easily this time. I truly believe that that confidence is gone for good, especially given how this fight went. Had she came out and at least put in a good showing then I think it could very well have been a stepping stone back. I've never been a big fan of Rousey, but it's undeniable what she's done for the sport of women's MMA. Therein lies the reason for her downfall really, she's inspired other females to dedicate their lives to the sport just as the pioneers of men's MMA did. The same thing that happened to Rousey happened to many of the stars of early men's MMA, a new generation came in and completely dominated them. Some were able to change their training and come back to be successful and others weren't. I am fairly certain that she's one of those who won't be able to successfully make a comeback. Could she win fights again? Sure, depending on the opponent, but she'll never have a shot at being champ again. If she realizes she can't recapture the belt, I don't see her fighting anymore.

All that said, sources show $3 million for 48 seconds of beat down... I think we'd all take that!

Agree on all fronts but as I read this, I couldn't help but think of the similarities between Rousey's situation and Tiger's.  

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Note: This thread is 2670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!