IGNORED

Big Break Mesquite

Ben
Note: This thread is 3736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Gerry actually has a stellar short game. I think that was demonstrated by how effectively he could get to green, even when his agressiveness off the tee got him into trouble. I played nine with him after the show and he was five under, made it look easy. And he obviously has the discipline to do what it takes to become the best, like he has in long drive and bodybuilding.

I have no interest in watching BK in any tournament. Very disappointing ending to the show. Too bad for The Golf Channel. I'm surprised they didn't do more to hide his lousy personality.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no interest in watching BK in any tournament. Very disappointing ending to the show. Too bad for The Golf Channel. I'm surprised they didn't do more to hide his lousy personality.

I don't think "lousy personality" is the way I'd put it. Different strokes for different strokes. Personally I like Brian OK but couldn't stand Gerry or Anthony, but it doesn't bother me if other Sand Trappers liked them.

I don't think "lousy personality" is the way I'd put it. Different strokes for different strokes. Personally I like Brian OK but couldn't stand Gerry or Anthony, but it doesn't bother me if other Sand Trappers liked them.

I agree, I like Brian for the most part. Especially in the beginning of the show when him and Anthony got into it. That was priceless. I really didn't like Gerry but he was way better than Anthony. "I hit a great golf shot", "I hit a great golf shot", "I hit a great golf shot", it just got old after a while. If you hit a great golf shot then why did it end up where it did?

I've never watched the girls play before (this was my first season of BB). Are they just as enjoyable to watch as the guys?

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

I've never watched the girls play before (this was my first season of BB). Are they just as enjoyable to watch as the guys?

As you would expect, The woman are much more fun to look at, and the golf is pretty good too, but the "cat fighting" gets unbearable! One woman QUIT THE SHOW because she was such a @!#&*and was confronted by the other woman on the show... I guess if you like that kind of TV, then you'll like watching the woman. I personally have to deal with conflict all day at work, I don't need conflict on my TV at night. But then again, that seems to be the winning formula of the show, to have a couple of antagonists in the mix to stir things up!

As you would expect, The woman are much more fun to look at, and the golf is pretty good too, but the "cat fighting" gets unbearable! One woman QUIT THE SHOW because she was such a @!#&*and was confronted by the other woman on the show... I guess if you like that kind of TV, then you'll like watching the woman. I personally have to deal with conflict all day at work, I don't need conflict on my TV at night. But then again, that seems to be the winning formula of the show, to have a couple of antagonists in the mix to stir things up!

The cat fighting is actually one of the things I liked about the show. I thought it was hilarious the way they were bitching about each other in the private interviews.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

What bothers me about the show is that they show the same episodes over and over. So even after the final two are playing off when you go to view the show you are watching an episode that took place three weeks earlier. They did the same thing on the original BB so I quit watching it then.

What bothers me about the show is that they show the same episodes over and over. So even after the final two are playing off when you go to view the show you are watching an episode that took place three weeks earlier. They did the same thing on the original BB so I quit watching it then.

Just set up your DVR to record first runs only :)

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

If by "cool' you actually mean, "drive everyone absolutely insane" then yes, it is the new cool way.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I thought we were commenting on how the golfers perform, not how they act? But since we're on the topic.. Id call B.K. a total douche bag, Gerry a dumb juice monkey, Anthony a prick, Matt E. a loser, Benoit a tool, and Kevin a fluke.

Watching all these personality disorders clash i would have to say it was one of the more entertaining seasons but..

I guess Josh saved all his poor shots for the finale. Finale was weak, boring, disappointing.. etc. I changed the channel half way thru.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

I'm sure someone pointed it out on the previous 25 pages, but I just started watching the last 3 weeks and that course is a joke. Par 4's that they are hitting 3 wood into? All the par 5's were driver and 8 iron? And the condition of the course was horrible. I have no desire to go play a course like that and I'm sure they overcharge for it because it has Palmer's name on it.

Has anyone played there? Did they post the yardages and then have them hitting from closer tees? I can't imagine that course was over 6500 yards. Even the longer par 4's these guys were hitting irons off the tee and then a wedge, 9 or 8 into the green. I can't imagine they are all that long.

BK earned the win...he played lights out on basically a par 68.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

Gerry has the distance but not the accuracy. I think he has the possibility to do well on tour though.

are you talking about the same guy that dips on his short game shots? I don't think so. He spent more time left of left that he'd get destroyed on a tight course with rough.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

I'm sure someone pointed it out on the previous 25 pages, but I just started watching the last 3 weeks and that course is a joke. Par 4's that they are hitting 3 wood into? All the par 5's were driver and 8 iron? And the condition of the course was horrible. I have no desire to go play a course like that and I'm sure they overcharge for it because it has Palmer's name on it.

A lot of the distance has to do with the thinner air. I think it was discussed that the shots were playing roughly 2 clubs shorter throughout. It didn't seem like a super tough course to me either, but then again, they are all playing the same course. It's not like anyone had an advantage.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

We talked about this on the course today in Myrtle (watching last night's episode was brought up before a tough tee shot).

what is the name of that "tattooed dude"? in Big Break Mesquite

what is the name of that "tattooed dude"? in Big Break Mesquite

Brian Kontact. And as stated in a previous post, he is not a Canadian, he has just won on the Canadian tour. As a Canadian, I wanted to clarify that

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Note: This thread is 3736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!