IGNORED

Mid-Atlantic Outing (April 9, 10 2016)

Note: This thread is 2866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

If I remember right, our handicaps will range from 3 or 4 up to about 18 or 19.  Given the range, I think we should play net rather than gross.  If someone doesn't have an official handicap, I think we can trust their best estimate, its not like we're trying to get rich off one another.

We'll have 10 players on Saturday, but its probably not fair to try to take money from @davechen's son, so we'll have 3 3-somes for competition purposes.   I think taking two nets on each hole would work out.  We could play $5 a man for total score, or do a 3-way $1 nassau (maximum exposure of $6).  We do round-robin nassaus in our weekend games with multiple groups, and reading the cards off at the end is a big part of the fun.

Sunday we'll have 6, we can do something similar.  

How does that sound?

I'm half afraid of how I'll play since I haven't touched my clubs since last November. I'll have to get out at least to the range this week to get some swings in, but I'll be surprised if I play anywhere near my index.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

33 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

I'm half afraid of how I'll play since I haven't touched my clubs since last November. I'll have to get out at least to the range this week to get some swings in, but I'll be surprised if I play anywhere near my index.

Wow, two weeks out and the excuses are rolling in already!

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

If I remember right, our handicaps will range from 3 or 4 up to about 18 or 19.  Given the range, I think we should play net rather than gross.  If someone doesn't have an official handicap, I think we can trust their best estimate, its not like we're trying to get rich off one another.

We'll have 10 players on Saturday, but its probably not fair to try to take money from @davechen's son, so we'll have 3 3-somes for competition purposes.   I think taking two nets on each hole would work out.  We could play $5 a man for total score, or do a 3-way $1 nassau (maximum exposure of $6).  We do round-robin nassaus in our weekend games with multiple groups, and reading the cards off at the end is a big part of the fun.

Sunday we'll have 6, we can do something similar.  

How does that sound?

Actually the $1 Nassau sounds great! 

Again, since these will be team matches, math can be done after the round, so you don't have to fuss over net (not that it is rocket science) score during the round.  

Vishal S.

24 minutes ago, dsc123 said:

Wow, two weeks out and the excuses are rolling in already!

1 week out, jeeze man, give me some credit for not starting too early!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

How does that sound?

Sounds good to me. If helpful, here's what I've got by day and posted handicaps, if we want to pre-plan how to best divvy up the teams (sorted roughly by handicap):

Saturday, April 9, Stoneleigh (10 players)

@k-troop 2-4

@SavvySwede 3.9

@jsgolfer 4.3

@DaveP043 4.6

@GolfLug 8.7

@dsc123 10.1

@RandallT 14

@Jeremie Boop 17.7

@davechen 18 (and son as non-competitor?)

Sunday, April 10, Springfield (6 players)

@SavvySwede 3.9

@jsgolfer 4.3

@DaveP043  4.6

@GolfLug  8.7

@RandallT 14

@Jeremie Boop 17.7 

I've never done this before, but if anyone is up for it, I can crunch numbers on Monday for strokes gained putting.  All I'd need for each person is:

1. Total # putts (eg, 34)
  2. Initial distance of each putt for all 18 holes (eg, 6,15,22,15,3,29,32, and so on, for each of 18 holes). 

Although we each will have different initial putts, it might be fun to see who did the best relative to how a pro would've putted those same distances.  For those of us playing both courses, it might be fun to see if one course's greens are significantly more difficult than the other. Maybe we all putt 1 or 2 better on Stoneleigh v. Springfield or vice versa. Would be interesting. Or if we felt we did better putting on one course than the other, but the numbers tell a different story. Just a thought I'd throw out there and send me your numbers if you're interested.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

All,

For those playing at Springfield, I need everyone's name for the tee request.  I have GolfLug and Dave, just need Savvy, Jeremie and Randall.

Jerry

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

35 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

All,

For those playing at Springfield, I need everyone's name for the tee request.  I have GolfLug and Dave, just need Savvy, Jeremie and Randall.

Jerry

.... ? really? Lol

*edit* My name is my username.

Edited by Jeremie Boop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Sorry, not many people use their real name. But cool, now I only need Randall T

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Everyone wear your long underwear on Saturday, high of 48. Brrr.....

-Jerry

36 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Oh how I wish my last name were just T, just for the comedy value.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

7 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

Everyone wear your long underwear on Saturday, high of 48. Brrr.....

At least the snow dropped out of the forecast for Friday night!  Afternoon tee times and it'll be sunny, so we should be pretty good.  As long as the wind holds off.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

10 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

I realized that it was a bit unfair to expect you to know, that's why I edited it. Just struck me as funny at first.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

On 4/1/2016 at 5:07 PM, RandallT said:

Sounds good to me. If helpful, here's what I've got by day and posted handicaps, if we want to pre-plan how to best divvy up the teams (sorted roughly by handicap):

Saturday, April 9, Stoneleigh (10 players)

@k-troop 2-4

@SavvySwede 3.9

@jsgolfer 4.3

@DaveP043 4.6

@GolfLug 8.7

@dsc123 10.1

@RandallT 14

@Jeremie Boop 17.7

@davechen 18 (and son as non-competitor?)

Sunday, April 10, Springfield (6 players)

@SavvySwede 3.9

@jsgolfer 4.3

@DaveP043  4.6

@GolfLug  8.7

@RandallT 14

@Jeremie Boop 17.7 

I've never done this before, but if anyone is up for it, I can crunch numbers on Monday for strokes gained putting.  All I'd need for each person is:

1. Total # putts (eg, 34)
  2. Initial distance of each putt for all 18 holes (eg, 6,15,22,15,3,29,32, and so on, for each of 18 holes). 

Although we each will have different initial putts, it might be fun to see who did the best relative to how a pro would've putted those same distances.  For those of us playing both courses, it might be fun to see if one course's greens are significantly more difficult than the other. Maybe we all putt 1 or 2 better on Stoneleigh v. Springfield or vice versa. Would be interesting. Or if we felt we did better putting on one course than the other, but the numbers tell a different story. Just a thought I'd throw out there and send me your numbers if you're interested.

I haven't updated that in a while, I'm at 11 right now (only until the rest of my good scores drop out!).  Here's my official record: http://www.msganetwork.org/Score/ScoringRecord.aspx?id=1466030

Edited by dsc123

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

My HCP is a wild guess.  When I'm playing a lot, 2 is a safe number.  I haven't played a real round of golf since August, though.  5 is probably over-confident, but I'd feel like a sandbagger if I asked for much more.  

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Just noticed chance of snow now for Saturday.   :-O

-Jerry

26 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Just noticed chance of snow now for Saturday.   :-O

Oh lord, it's hard enough to find my ball in regular conditions rofl.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

42 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Oh lord, it's hard enough to find my ball in regular conditions rofl.

Don't worry, the wind will be blowing so hard the snow won't be able to stick to the ground.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 minute ago, DaveP043 said:

Don't worry, the wind will be blowing so hard the snow won't be able to stick to the ground.

Fantastic, haha, cold and windy. Perfect early season golfing weather.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 2866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!