IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (June 2015)

Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Happy Father's Day everyone.

Started late this morning, did my 5 minutes of mirror work. I was carrying the feel that I finally got "on purpose" yesterday evening. When I say on purpose, I mean setting up to try to "whip" my arms and club around my body while my spine is angled at 25-30 degrees. I did this "accidentally" on the range with the driver, but not with my irons. Going to try to repeat the exact steps before declare even limited success. I might be able to shave away more of the OTT move?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes mapping my swing at the gym. Focused on right elbow at A6 as well as keeping the shaft inside the target line. Also banking the right foot on the downswing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

6/21/15: Worked on putting for 10-15 minutes today

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Practice/Played 18 today.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Steady head was the theme for todays practice.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

More work bowing the wrist and laying the shaft down. It felt more natural today as I added a some continuity and speed to it. I've been doing almost all mirror work with this drill and want to do video work soon.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Played 9 with my kids and shot a horrible 43 didn't putt well 18 putts and 5 greens 2 near greens 2 not so near greens :-P My son shot 41 and my daughter 49 from the same tees. She also needs to shorten her 300 degree swing arc. None of us were happy with our scores. . .but we did have a good time. :-) The good news is we're inspired to play more together this up coming year! What I tried this morning seemed to work. Going to practice that move more this week. The club makes that desirable whipping sound sometimes.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Well, I [i]thought[/i] I was going to play today, but life had other plans. I was still able to get some work in with a hanger to check my backswing length, which had gotten away from me.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

10 minutes putting on the board.  15 minutes of indoor swing.  Back swing and hold, 1/2, 3/4 and full swings, good hip slide/turn and brushing the carpet.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

10 minutes practice in the net before playing 18 holes today. Plus 5 minutes practicing long putts.

Chris.:roll:

Did 5 minutes drills waiting for a couple people teeing off. Getting that "spin" feel around the spine.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

15 minutes of mirror work.  Same drills with some tempo work as well.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10 minutes of putting.  Worked on keeping my hands a bit forward of the club head.  25 minutes hitting into my net.  7i, 6h, 5h, 4h.  Really good contact.  Good tempo.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Steady head practice ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Practiced putting today.  I pretty much have been focusing on bead lately because it's easier for me to do at home and also because I've found that when I'm confident starting on the correct line, good things happen with my putts so I want to get better at bead because of that.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!