IGNORED

2015 NCAA Golf Championships Discussion Thread

Natural Patrick
Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was off work last week and got completely addicted to the women's tournament, but never watched a LPGA event in my life! I was up past 1a watching Baylor win their semifinal, and then the final was incredible as well. Match play is so much fun and the college golfers make just enough mistakes to keep things really interesting.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It was discussed on PGA Radio Today with Chris DiMarco and I agree with Chris: I don't think these young people should be using pull carts. Silly.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

It was discussed on PGA Radio Today with Chris DiMarco and I agree with Chris: I don't think these young people should be using pull carts. Silly.

Agree, it is silly, they shouldn't use pull carts.  Push carts put your body in a better position with your arms and shoulders square to your body.

• Upvote 1

Lol.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

As someone who has had back problems off and on since I was a teenager, I don't see a problem with using push/pull carts instead of carrying a heavy bag up and down a course.

As someone who has had back problems off and on since I was a teenager...... I doubt this is the case for most if not all of these players.

As someone who has had back problems off and on since I was a teenager......

I doubt this is the case for most if not all of these players.

Not a current NCAA player, but Stacy Lewis definately had back problems when she was in college.

What makes no sense is why they carry those wimpy little stand bags, I mean if the goal is to look like a cool, athletic golfer why not a tour bag like the pros? I mean really, man up! even the women, let's see some muscles out there while you walk, it's all about ego right? I see no reason to puff your chest with a little Sunday bag, get the big boy on that shoulder!

LMAO that a guy who spends his days walking around with a manservant attending to his every need on the course, including carrying all of his clubs and raking all of his bunkers, thinks that these kids should carry their own bag.

Dumbass.

• Upvote 1

Is there a real reason not to use a push/pull cart? They play a ton of rounds in this championship, and carrying a bag for all the rounds isn't going to help their golf games. I'd take the cart every time, even if it only gained me .1 stroke on everybody else.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

The reason is it doesn't look athletic, it looks leisurely, and I get that, but for the most part I feel it's just another instance of people trying to make the game something it's not, like this speed golf thing, they're trying so hard to make golf more action packed, more like a sport and less like a game, it's silly to me, because in the end you're still standing there with a little stick tapping a small ball into a hole, not barreling through a line of men, not slamming a dunk, not beating the opponent into the mat, golf is what it is.

The reason is it doesn't look athletic, it looks leisurely, and I get that, but for the most part I feel it's just another instance of people trying to make the game something it's not, like this speed golf thing, they're trying so hard to make golf more action packed, more like a sport and less like a game, it's silly to me, because in the end you're still standing there with a little stick tapping a small ball into a hole, not barreling through a line of men, not slamming a dunk, not beating the opponent into the mat, golf is what it is.

I don't think those are real reasons, though. At that level of golf, you should be looking for any advantage you can get. Hell, I'd play in a skirt if I'd gain me a stroke or two!

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I agree.  These guys are pussies.  They need to suck it up and be more manly like Jordan Spieth and Rory McIlroy and Rickie Fowler.

[QUOTE name="MrDC" url="/t/82372/2015-ncaa-golf-championships-discussion-thread/0_50#post_1149831"]   The reason is it doesn't look athletic, it looks leisurely, and I get that, but for the most part I feel it's just another instance of people trying to make the game something it's not, like this speed golf thing, they're trying so hard to make golf more action packed, more like a sport and less like a game, it's silly to me, because in the end you're still standing there with a little stick tapping a small ball into a hole, not barreling through a line of men, not slamming a dunk, not beating the opponent into the mat, golf is what it is. [/QUOTE] I don't think those are real reasons, though. At that level of golf, you should be looking for any advantage you can get. Hell, I'd play in a skirt if I'd gain me a stroke or two!

If it lets me play from the forward tees, I'm all for it. Sometimes, it's better to be Big Bertha than swing one.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

@Golfingdad Sigh.....Chris DiMarco carried his bag in college. Your post makes no sense.

I don't see why anyone cares.  It's not like they aren't still walking the course and moving the clubs themselves.  In some respects, carrying is easier than pushing.  I preferred carrying to pushing for as long as I was able to do it.  Now when I walk, I push, but I ride more than I walk.  I still don't care if they push, pull or carry as long as they haul the load themselves.

Anyone who's ever pushed a cart bag up a long hill knows that there is nothing leisurely about it.  It does become more of a leisure activity when going down hill. ;-)

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Watch about 30 minutes of the championship last night. Couldn't watch beyond that.

The amount of time taken on the greens over each putt.

I think it was the Pierce / Hoey match.

The Pierce guy took forever over each putt, shot etc.

Just couldn't watch any more.

Hey I get it's the championship and all that but really how much time does it take to read a green.

If these guys continue to play like this when they are in the PGA then I will end up watching even less golf than I do now!

I'm sure will get blasted for this comment but it's my opinion.

Oh .... I want to add that I also think it looks stupid for these kids to be pushing a cart.

Flame suit on.

Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!