IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A few of my thoughts on Trump:

His personality scares me.  I don't care what his policies or ideas are, his personality is a big red flag.  He has the charisma to keep people on his side, but he is pretty obviously telling people what they want to hear.  I saw a speech of his and he said that The Art of the Deal is his favorite book.  I just put it together yesterday that it is his book.  But then he took it back and said that the Bible is his favorite book and then went on and on about it.  It was incredibly obvious that he was just making it all up.  And the way he was talking about his own book like that makes it even more weird.  I think he is a manipulative person and has narcissistic tendencies...but I can't help but wonder if they might be psychopathic tendencies.  Not the serial killer kind, but the reckless millionaire executive kind.

Then I also can't help but be reminded of Jesse Ventura.  I was pretty young when I lived in MN and he was elected as governor...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think he is a manipulative person and has narcissistic tendencies...but I can't help but wonder if they might be psychopathic tendencies.  Not the serial killer kind, but the reckless millionaire executive kind.

He is a classic example of person with Narcissistic Personality Disorder .   One of NPD trait is that an NPD wants to be accepted by others who they feel are equal or better than them.   But if he thinks someone rejected him (whether it's true or not), he can't handle it.  Please note how Trump  tries very hard to be liked by others initially.   He "gets along" so to speak.  But as soon as one attacks (be it real or perceived) him, he can't take the "rejection."   Trump then reacts to the attacks (real or not) by attacking back 10 fold until he is satisfied.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

From reddit:

A plane with Jeb Bush, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton & Bernie Sanders is about to crash, but has only 3 parachutes. The first passenger yells, "I'm Jeb Bush, let the big dog eat! I can't afford to die." he took the first parachute and jumped. The 2nd passenger, Donald Trump runs screaming, "I'm the smartest man in the world & the next President of America. He grabbed the second parachute and jumped. The 3rd passenger, Hillary Clinton, says to Bernie Sanders "Take the last parachute." Bernie says, "It's ok Hillary, there is a parachute for both of us. The world's smartest man just took my backpack."

Well played my friend, but that joke is older than me!!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

So, a Trump supporter at a rally yesterday called President Obama a Muslim and said he wasn't American and Trump seems to have decided against correcting the man.  Very different than Senator McCain in 2008 (although that's not surprising).

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Watched bits of the debate last night.

I am disappointed with Trump.

Jeb Bush was touting his brother's record for keeping us safe.

Trump staring right at him had every opportunity to remind him that 9/11 happened on bush's watch.

I cant stand how Bush and his ilk will tell you GWB kept us safe, forgetting that 1 major event or the 13 embassy attacks.

As a NY'er and as someone who knows people who were down there, or lost people it is always amazing to me when a politician taylors this event to suit their dialogue.

Trump had every opportunity to call Bush out on this and did nothing!!!!

Yeah, it burns me up, too.  A little OT but I was in The City in my office when 9/11 happened and hearing every other word out of Rudy Giuliani's mouth for the last 14 years be 9/11 sickens me and now to hear Jeb Bush wrap himself around it disgusts me, too.

Christian

Yeah, it burns me up, too.  A little OT but I was in The City in my office when 9/11 happened and hearing every other word out of Rudy Giuliani's mouth for the last 14 years be 9/11 sickens me and now to hear Jeb Bush wrap himself around it disgusts me, too.

I was 2 hours north of a city and remember listening to Howard Stern talk about it as it happened.

My wife's cousin's mother in law was working across the street and lost people in the tower.

My neighbor lost people, they put flaggs on the lawn and signs every year.

I had friends and family in the city who were all directly affected.

Those outside of NY, or who did not have people in NYC will never understand what it was like to have to call into NYC to try to see if someone was still there.

So I agree, when Jeb tells us how great his brother did, or these outsiders use it to further their agenda it is disgusting.

But I find it equally as bad when a NY'er doesnt stand up for NY.

Look at how Jon Stewart is yelling at Congress for not renewing the 9/11 health benefits.

Trump could have scored alot of points for correcting Jeb on 9/11 or even standing up for those who earned some help!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

So, a Trump supporter at a rally yesterday called President Obama a Muslim and said he wasn't American and Trump seems to have decided against correcting the man.  Very different than Senator McCain in 2008 (although that's not surprising).

Check out the audience reaction when the question was asked.   A few winced, shook head, opened their mouth in disbelief, etc..   Even for those who showed up to listen to Trump understood that the question was not an appropriate one.   Trump mishandled this big time and if he ever gets nominated, this will come back again to hurt him.   Let's not forget that good part of black Americans are Muslims, Obama is not a Muslim (so what if he is?  Muslims cannot be a POTUS?), he is an American, and Muslims in US is not out to destroy US, ....   And all Trump can say is that we will do something about it?

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I was 2 hours north of a city and remember listening to Howard Stern talk about it as it happened.

My wife's cousin's mother in law was working across the street and lost people in the tower.

My neighbor lost people, they put flaggs on the lawn and signs every year.

I had friends and family in the city who were all directly affected.

Those outside of NY, or who did not have people in NYC will never understand what it was like to have to call into NYC to try to see if someone was still there.

So I agree, when Jeb tells us how great his brother did, or these outsiders use it to further their agenda it is disgusting.

But I find it equally as bad when a NY'er doesnt stand up for NY.

Look at how Jon Stewart is yelling at Congress for not renewing the 9/11 health benefits.

Trump could have scored alot of points for correcting Jeb on 9/11 or even standing up for those who earned some help!

I was fortunate that I didn't suffer any injuries from 9/11 but I did have two friends, one of which was a firefighter, pass away that day.

And even though I was in The City, I remember trying to call people to see if they were ok and trying to call me to see if I was ok.  Suffice to say, though, cell phone service was pretty jammed that day.

To get this post On Topic:

Yeah, although, to be honest, if anyone could have taken on Jeb Bush about his 9/11 statement, it should have been Governor Christie since, from what the Governor of New Jersey said at the debate, he experienced it like so many of us did - not knowing if their loved ones, in his case his wife, were safe.  I'm not sure if Trump could have said anything very constructive there.

And, yes, it's sad that Jon Stewart was one of the only well known individuals to take up the cause of the First Responders from that day.  I can't say I'm surprised by congress, though, considering how they treat out returning veterans and how many of them suffer from homelessness, PTSD, and other ailments and how little we do to help them.

Check out the audience reaction when the question was asked.   A few winced, shook head, opened their mouth in disbelief, etc..   Even for those who showed up to listen to Trump understood that the question was not an appropriate one.   Trump mishandled this big time and if he ever gets nominated, this will come back again to hurt him.   Let's not forget that good part of black Americans are Muslims, Obama is not a Muslim (so what if he is?  Muslims cannot be a POTUS?), he is an American, and Muslims in US is not out to destroy US, ....   And all Trump can say is that we will do something about it?

Well, obviously there's still a segment of our country that believes Muslims are evil and trying to kill us, but, yeah, there was nothing wrong with being a Muslim before or after 9/11 and one of the things that made me proud to be a New Yorker was that you didn't hear of much, if any, retaliation by New Yorkers towards Muslims and Middle Easterners after the attack.

I wouldn't expect Trump to call President Obama a good man like Senator McCain did, but to pretty much let the statement go by thereby endorsing this guys statement about President Obama being a Muslim and not American gives the impression that he implicitly agrees with him.  Not surprising since, IIRC, Trump was a big time Birther a few years ago.

Christian

In the latest CNN poll, Trump lost 8% from 32 to 24.   That's well deserved, given his lackluster 2nd debate performance.  But I wasn't expecting such a drop - 8%.    Firorina only gained 3% despite her stellar performance in the same debate.  That's a bit surprising, too.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I doubt it. Primarily because Trump probably didn't even know the truth on it even if Jeb was spinning the family name towards his side. That's the problem with Trump and probably why he's falling. People are realizing for all his bravado he has not substance behind it. If he gets in a name calling match then he can win. If he gets in a match on substance he get's trounced.

You say he could have. I said he wouldn't because he would have never been that good or knowledgeable to even correct Jeb on it.

I can't say I'm surprised by congress, though, considering how they treat out returning veterans and how many of them suffer from homelessness, PTSD, and other ailments and how little we do to help them.

That's a pretty low voter pool for Congress to worry about.  Considering that the liberal agenda hasn't been on the side of Veterans. It's going to be tough sledding when the Veteran spending is tied to the Military Budget. If you want to help that out, move it out of the the military budget so its not kept in gridlock every time that part tries to get renewed.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

As a Brit, we shouldnt have to worry about who is the next President, however, as he will essentially be the leader of the free world i couldnt think of anyone worse (George W Bush maybe, but a least he was funny).

I cant see Trump going the same lengths as Obama in regards to keeping the Anglo-American alliance as strong as it is. To me Trump has a little of the megalomaniac about him and that makes me worry. The UK is in the process of scaling down its armed force's, and to me, Trump would be just the person to get involved in something and drag the UK in to something we dont have the manpower for all in the name of alliance.

We've had a long standing friendship with the States so id hate to see some dodgy haired little dictator (not to be confused with Bernie Ecclestone!) ruin it.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

As a Brit, we shouldnt have to worry about who is the next President, however, as he will essentially be the leader of the free world i couldnt think of anyone worse (George W Bush maybe, but a least he was funny).

I cant see Trump going the same lengths as Obama in regards to keeping the Anglo-American alliance as strong as it is. To me Trump has a little of the megalomaniac about him and that makes me worry. The UK is in the process of scaling down its armed force's, and to me, Trump would be just the person to get involved in something and drag the UK in to something we dont have the manpower for all in the name of alliance.

We've had a long standing friendship with the States so id hate to see some dodgy haired little dictator (not to be confused with Bernie Ecclestone!) ruin it.

Nice to get a Brit's perspective!

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Y'all don't have to worry, because there is a better chance that I wake tomorrow as Tiger Woods then there is that Trump wins the Presidency.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Y'all don't have to worry, because there is a better chance that I wake tomorrow as Tiger Woods then there is that Trump wins the Presidency.

Just in case the above comes true, watch out for those pesky fire hydrants :-D

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

That's a pretty low voter pool for Congress to worry about.  Considering that the liberal agenda hasn't been on the side of Veterans. It's going to be tough sledding when the Veteran spending is tied to the Military Budget. If you want to help that out, move it out of the the military budget so its not kept in gridlock every time that part tries to get renewed.

Well, my rational isn't based on whether or not Congress should do something because it only impacts a low voter pool but rather, silly me thinks it's something more akin to giving those men and women the resources they need when they come back for the sacrifices they made and putting their lives at risk in the service of our country.

Not sure what the point of mentioning the liberal agenda is.  I think it's up to our elected officials to figure out how to rectify this issue regardless of whether they are liberal, conservative, libertarian, etc., and if that means doing as you suggest and moving it out of the military budget, then let's try it.

I bet Trump's worried that since Governor Walker's is out of the race, Walker's supporters will go to someone else (all 5 of them). ;-)

Christian

Not sure what the point of mentioning the liberal agenda is.  I think it's up to our elected officials to figure out how to rectify this issue regardless of whether they are liberal, conservative, libertarian, etc., and if that means doing as you suggest and moving it out of the military budget, then let's try it.

I bet Trump's worried that since Governor Walker's is out of the race, Walker's supporters will go to someone else (all 5 of them).

That isn't going to happen. You have to see things as either Republican Agenda or Liberal Agenda if you want to figure out what will actually happen.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

That isn't going to happen. You have to see things as either Republican Agenda or Liberal Agenda if you want to figure out what will actually happen.

Well, as I insinuated, silly me is discussing it in terms of outside of their current focus and one which I would like to see them embrace.

Right now, it seems to me that this isn't high on the agenda or conservatives or liberals and that the conservative agenda is no more on the side of Veterans than the liberal one is.

Christian

Note: This thread is 2956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!