IGNORED

Slobs on the Course

smittigirl
Note: This thread is 3222 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I actually use a plastic tee and I rarely break them so I don't have this problem. I like having a single tee and ball mark repair tool in my pocket only.

I have two plastic tees (one normal, one small for par 3's), a repair tool and a ball marker. Leave the course as you found it. Unless some a-hole didn't rake a trap, replace his divot or fix his ball mark. Do what you can without slowing down the group.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I always pick mine up, but I am glad others leave theirs for me because I hate breaking a good tee for a par three.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Leaving empty beer cans and food wrappers all over the course would be my definition of a slob.  Leaving tees, broken or otherwise, on the tee box? Not even close.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

I'm not the first person to tell you that you are obsessive compulsive. When I get to a tee box I clean up the tees in my way and throw them near the marker in a pile that usually someone else has started and then hit my shot No big deal. By chance do you always look at your balls lie and clean up all the loose impediments all around it for a foot?

I like broken tees, they're good to align too :)

I've also been known to pocket a "good" broken tee for the next par 3 :)

Chris 

Ex-field hockey player with a few things on my list to correct/ sort out:
1:  Flipping, 2: Overswing, 3: Stop being Tin Cup

Been playing properly since May 2014, got the bug now, so I'm here forever. Must have watched a billion hours of youtube videos, seems to help!

Since I've been using my 3 wood almost exclusively, other's broken tees are what I usually use. While it can be a slight annoyance (stepping on them when getting into your stance), ball marks on the green are far far worse imo. I fix multiple craters per hole on almost every hole.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smittigirl

I'm looking for sympathy and maybe, some advice.  I'm a returning golfer - played in college, now retired.  Husband and I have a membership at a local 9-hole public course.  I learned the basics of the game in high school, and continued playing through college.  One of the basics of my golf education was golf etiquette.   So, now, when we are golfing at this course, when we get to the tee box, any tee box, we have to spend a couple of minutes cleaning up the broken tees, and the tees left in place, all over the place.  It drives us nuts.  Am I crazy, or is it sort of good manners to clean up after yourself after your drive off the tee?  Thanks for listening.

Most of the tees I use are broken ones and unbroken ones left behind by other golfers. Besides, unless they are plastic, they are bio-degradable and will rot given enough time, or will eventually end up hidden under the dirt.

Since the courses I play don't have a broken tee receptacle, and the trash cans always seem to be by the back tees, if I do anything I'll just leave them next to the markers nearest the cart path.  I rarely break a tee, usually only one or two per round, so I pick up and reuse my tee most of the time.  I hate when I can't find a broken tee on par 3 hole, or on any hole where the tee shot is a layup.

I have about 500 tees in the tee pocket in my bag, and not a single one was purchased.  I pick up the free ones that other players leave behind.  In that respect I do my small part in keeping the tee boxes clean.  Another thing I do is when I'm waiting for the fairway to clear on par 4 or 5 holes, I'll take "practice" swings at those broken tees lying around and bat them into the brush.

I'm with the previous posters who find sunflower shells, cigarette butts, unrepaired ball marks and divots as being far more eggregious sins than broken tees.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I've come to almost accept that some players will not rake bunkers or repair ball marks but sunflower seeds on the green absolutely makes my head explode

Larry

Broken tee's never bothered me......   if one is in my way, I flip it way with my club.  If somebody leaves an unbroken tee...I take it.  LOL....I am a tee horder!    I've never purchased tees before and probably never will for that reason alone.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Broken tee's never bothered me......   if one is in my way, I flip it way with my club.  If somebody leaves an unbroken tee...I take it.  LOL....I am a tee horder!    I've never purchased tees before and probably never will for that reason alone.

What do you do for driver tees? They're like gold dust around the tee box!

Chris 

Ex-field hockey player with a few things on my list to correct/ sort out:
1:  Flipping, 2: Overswing, 3: Stop being Tin Cup

Been playing properly since May 2014, got the bug now, so I'm here forever. Must have watched a billion hours of youtube videos, seems to help!

I am on the same boat. From day 1, I've never purchased any tees. I usually end up finding about 10 unbroken tees per round. I have a small bucket full of them. I can't seem to give them away fast enough. LOL

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I am on the same boat. From day 1, I've never purchased any tees.

I usually end up finding about 10 unbroken tees per round. I have a small bucket full of them. I can't seem to give them away fast enough. LOL

I've got bags full of tees out in the garage from buying them over the years, but I started using those "Four Yards More" plastic tees a couple years ago.  I don't believe the hype about extra yardage, but I like the consistent tee height and the things are damn near indestructible - I'll easily get 15-20 rounds (at least) out of a single tee.  I keep a few wooden tees in my bag just in case I need them for iron/FW tee shots and can't find a broken one lying around, but it's rare to not find a usable one.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I am on the same boat. From day 1, I've never purchased any tees.

I usually end up finding about 10 unbroken tees per round. I have a small bucket full of them. I can't seem to give them away fast enough. LOL

Yep, I consider it a real find when someone leaves an unbroken plastic tee behind.  I have about a dozen of them in my bag (picked up two just yesterday) along with the 500 odd wooden ones, yet I've never bought one - every one I have was left behind by someone.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Greens and bunkers are my pet peeves. I can't stand seeing unfixed craters or even worse, piles of chewed up sun flower seeds scattered across the greens. It doesn't matter what kind of course you're playing on, if they're is grabage on the putting surface, it just makes the course look tacky. Also when people don't even bother to rake a footprint or leave the rake in the wrong spots it always gets on my nerves a bit as well. Tees are usually taken care of day by day by the person who does the pins and most are biodegradable so it's not a big issue to me. Plus I play with broken tees I find on the box 90% of my shots anyways. It just comes down to the fact that some people don't consider the other people playing the course behind them and that's the attitude that really pisses me off. Leave the hole in better shape than when you teed off is my motto.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Remember when those goofy federal agents left their plane in the fairway while they were watching Sam and Nicky?

Puts little things like tees and sunflowers in perspective.

Note: This thread is 3222 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!