IGNORED

Scott Stallings Suspended for Violating Anti-Doping Policy

billchao
Note: This thread is 3237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It really is great that he reported himself.

Does everyone think the Tour should reduce the length of his penalty because he self reported? I kinda do.

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What more do I want?  I don't want anything other than for you not to snarkily misrepresent what you originally said and what I was responding to.  That's great that you admitted you misunderstood him after the fact, but you absolutely said what I thought you said originally so you can cut the "show me where I said that" crap. And I call complete bullshit on the "after the fact" stuff too.  You were not talking about that because you wrote everything in the present tense. That's present tense, as in you expected him to know then, not "after the fact."  Otherwise you'd have said "So he took a supplement for fatigue that helped him, then found out it was banned, and still thinks it wasn't performance enhancing?"

No need to call me a liar.. That is what I meant..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

No need to call me a liar.. That is what I meant..

I didn't call you a liar ... I called you snarky. It's more of a "even if that's not what you meant you should be able to re-read it without bias and see that that is how somebody else would take it" kinda deal.  That's all.

Regardless, it's not what you meant so that's great. It's water under the dam. :beer:

• Upvote 1

Eating food is performance enhancing too. So is drinking water.

My doctor told me that exercise is good for me ... Should I check with the tour to see if that's on the banned list simply because it's good for me?

Although there is a very broad definition of "performance enhancing substances", I'm pretty sure most foods and water are not part of that group and you don't consume exercise. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I didn't call you a liar ... I called you snarky. It's more of a "even if that's not what you meant you should be able to re-read it without bias and see that that is how somebody else would take it" kinda deal.  That's all. Regardless, it's not what you meant so that's great. It's water under the dam. :beer: [SPOILER=RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman (NSFW!!!)] [/SPOILER]

:beer: Nothing in the spoiler by the way :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I didn't call you a liar ... I called you snarky. It's more of a "even if that's not what you meant you should be able to re-read it without bias and see that that is how somebody else would take it" kinda deal.  That's all.

Regardless, it's not what you meant so that's great. It's water under the dam.

How do you get water under a dam? :smartass:

I wonder if the test was looking for abnormal testosterone levels. DHEA is naturally ocuring in the body, can they test for that specifically?

I heard from a Dr. on the golf channel that he was taking a very low dose of DHEA (25 mg) and that was very much lower than what would be taken for performance enhancement.   I think there is a good chance his testosterone level was within the normal range.

Chronic fatigue is pretty devastating, I know as I had that with my battle with leukemia.  I hope he doesn't have anything like that.  It's a shame someone couldn't be treated for chronic fatigue and still be able to play on the PGA.

I wonder if the test was looking for abnormal testosterone levels. DHEA is naturally ocuring in the body, can they test for that specifically?     I heard from a Dr. on the golf channel that he was taking a very low dose of DHEA (25 mg) and that was very much lower than what would be taken for performance enhancement.   I think there is a good chance his testosterone level was within the normal range. Chronic fatigue is pretty devastating, I know as I had that with my battle with leukemia.  I hope he doesn't have anything like that.  It's a shame someone couldn't be treated for chronic fatigue and still be able to play on the PGA.

What test?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Regardless, it's not what you meant so that's great. It's water under the dam.

How do you get water under a dam?

Must be a hydro-electric facility he was discussing in the movie clip, but I would think that's water through a dam. . . :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Some doctors would prescribe a drug like modafrinil for chronic fatigue caused by sleep apnea among other things. It is on the banned substances list. There is another one called adafrinil that is otc that acts similarly and is also on the banned substances list. It could be an ingredient in some supplement the doctor told him to take and then he found out the supplement contained this substance. Doctors aren't always up on what's on the list. It probably would have been better for the doctor to have given him a prescription for modafrinil - he might have had a medical exemption.

Well he's ranked 154th. I don't think it helped him that much.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Tossed salads, mmm.

It's a bit odd to me that he "self reported" this.   Did he possibly come forward knowing that he may be in trouble?

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Sorry I thought the pga drug test he took at the Humana Challenge and he passed while on DHEA had been part of the discussion on this thread.

The story just says that he found out that his supplement had an ingredient that was on the list so he told them, then they suspended him.  There is no mention of any tests.

Tossed salads, mmm.

It's a bit odd to me that he "self reported" this.   Did he possibly come forward knowing that he may be in trouble?

He might have been alerted by some family or friends who when he mentioned casually he was taking these supplements for fatigue, then getting told they contained a banned substance?

Who knows, but in the end he did the right thing. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

The story just says that he found out that his supplement had an ingredient that was on the list so he told them, then they suspended him.  There is no mention of any tests.

From here:  http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/scott-stallings-suspended-pga-tour-90-days/

Quote:
But Stallings took a drug test at the Humana Challenge while he was still taking DHEA and did not produce a positive test, according to a letter sent to Stallings from Andy Levinson, the Tour’s vice president of tournament administration and anti-doping.
  • Upvote 1

Some doctors would prescribe a drug like modafrinil for chronic fatigue caused by sleep apnea among other things. It is on the banned substances list. There is another one called adafrinil that is otc that acts similarly and is also on the banned substances list. It could be an ingredient in some supplement the doctor told him to take and then he found out the supplement contained this substance. Doctors aren't always up on what's on the list. It probably would have been better for the doctor to have given him a prescription for modafrinil - he might have had a medical exemption. Well he's ranked 154th. I don't think it helped him that much.

Modafinil (not Modafrinil) is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor used for narcolepsy, fatigue due to sleep apnea and multiple sclerosis, none of which were his problems. His labwork showed deficient or insufficient levels of testosterone which is a commonly overlooked cause of fatigue, weakness, decreased libido and erectile issues. It's silly because beta blockers are banned but are often necessary for certain heart conditions and thus acceptable. If a player is dehydrated and drinks Gatorade ....he is performance enhancing. He didn't take DHEA to enhance is baseline performance , he took it to restore a deficiency he had.

• Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 3237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!