IGNORED

2015 PGA Championship at Whistling Straits Discussion Thread

RiddleMeThis
Note: This thread is 3178 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Cara Robinson's legs are insane.

When will people stop doubting Spieth? Alot of 'experts' picking Day, I guess spotting him two shots will do that. Until he proves it I'm not going there.

Branden Grace was a bad tee shot away from winning the U.S. Open at Chambers Bay. It doesn't seem like anyone is playing up his chances at victory; I think Day will take care of business today, but Grace would be my second pick.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Branden Grace was a bad tee shot away from winning the U.S. Open at Chambers Bay. It doesn't seem like anyone is playing up his chances at victory; I think Day will take care of business today, but Grace would be my second pick.

That revisionist history makes zero sense. Grace finished two out, after Spieth himself made a double on 17.

So looking throughout the top 1/3 or so of the leaderboard there are a bunch of younger-ish players who could be stars someday. How do you guys feel about their future? I'm gonna leave off a few guys who I will say are already relatively proven (Reed).

Tony Finau

Russel Henley

Anirban Lahiri

Brooks Koepka

Robert Streb

Justin Thomas

Victor Dubuisson

David Lingmerth

Cameron Smith

Apart from the obvious Day, Spieth, DJ, its pretty awesome to see a leaderboard with the above names, all who could potentially be future stars.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Does anybody really think Speith isnt going to win today? This kid just doesnt fold.Watch out next year cause I think it could be grand slam for him.Only if he had spent more time in ST Andrews greens before playing I think wed see history today.

Spieth and Day better not get into a match play type mindset because someone could very well creep up on them. I don't like how easy the course is playing but I think the winner will have to get to -19 to win today so just gotta embrace it. CBS coverage is horrible: 1. About 50% commercials 2. Of the 50% on air, probably only 60% actual golf. Way too much announcer facetime, swing vision bull shit, puff pieces, Whistling Straits love. 3. Of that 60% actual golf shots, probably 60% of this are putts. Terribly annoying golf coverage, Fox already blows it away. Should be an incredible final round. Go Spieth.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Does anybody really think Speith isnt going to win today? This kid just doesnt fold.Watch out next year cause I think it could be grand slam for him.Only if he had spent more time in ST Andrews greens before playing I think wed see history today.

He could, definitely, but I don't think it's a done deal. Golf comes and goes, and one of the biggest reasons for his total dominance in the majors this year are his astronomical putting stats, numbers that are hard to keep up. Not saying his ball striking isn't superb, but when you are draining 15 footers at a historic rate, you start eating places alive.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Wonder if he skips the John Deer next year.

I do like Day to close it out. If not him, I got a feeling with the focus on Day/Spieth along with the storylines and pressure, Rose could post a 66 and win this thing. 2nd major for him. This has been a year of 2nds, why not Rose's?

He could, definitely, but I don't think it's a done deal. Golf comes and goes, and one of the biggest reasons for his total dominance in the majors this year are his astronomical putting stats, numbers that are hard to keep up. Not saying his ball striking isn't superb, but when you are draining 15 footers at a historic rate, you start eating places alive.

He's missed a lot of putts too, though. He even said yesterday he started to doubt his stroke. Look at all the 3 putts he had at St. Andrews. He struggled at times at Chambers and he's missed some putts this week he usually makes. Obviously he's the best long putter out there and stats back that up but what makes him so great is he keeps giving himself chances. He doesn't make the mistake that the others do. When he does make a mistake, he gets up and down. I've always said in golf the key is giving yourself opportunities he does that better than anyone. He just really doesn't have much of a weakness in his game. There are areas he's not as good as others in, but he's still good in them.

Anyone else check out the extra footage on the Samsung TV app? Pretty cool drone fly overs among other golf stuff.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

So looking throughout the top 1/3 or so of the leaderboard there are a bunch of younger-ish players who could be stars someday. How do you guys feel about their future? I'm gonna leave off a few guys who I will say are already relatively proven (Reed).

Tony Finau

Russel Henley

Anirban Lahiri

Brooks Koepka

Robert Streb

Justin Thomas

Victor Dubuisson

David Lingmerth

Cameron Smith

Apart from the obvious Day, Spieth, DJ, its pretty awesome to see a leaderboard with the above names, all who could potentially be future stars.

That top six has a lot of potential going forward.  Finau is DJ long, if he can get the rest of his game on track he could be a great player.  Justin Thomas I think is Spieth's old roommate and he's had some hype just from their relationship.  It would be cool to see the two of them head to head for a championship one day.   Lahiri wasn't someone I was familiar with until this week but he's been impressive too.

I like all these younger guys in contention, it's just speaks to the future of golf and I don't believe it's as bad as many say.

Joe Paradiso

I do like Day to close it out. If not him, I got a feeling with the focus on Day/Spieth along with the storylines and pressure, Rose could post a 66 and win this thing. 2nd major for him. This has been a year of 2nds, why not Rose's?

There will be a lot of pressure on Spieth and Day today as I'd guess they are the favorites.  I agree, there's always the possibility the two of them get caught up in playing match play and someone from behind could sneak up and take it from both of them.

Joe Paradiso

There will be a lot of pressure on Spieth and Day today as I'd guess they are the favorites.  I agree, there's always the possibility the two of them get caught up in playing match play and someone from behind could sneak up and take it from both of them.

I think there is considerably less pressure on Spieth than day. Spieth's pressure is a walk in the park for him, but he really wants to win for sure. Day doesn't have a Major yet and wants it really bad but fortunately he is young and the "this may be my only chance" thoughts are not clouding his judgement. I am sure Day wants to get it over with very badly...

I think there is considerably less pressure on Spieth than day. Spieth's pressure is a walk in the park for him, but he really wants to win for sure. Day doesn't have a Major yet and wants it really bad but fortunately he is young and the "this may be my only chance" thoughts are not clouding his judgement. I am sure Day wants to get it over with very badly...

I don't know, Spieth is playing to win 3 out of 4 majors in a single season which puts him in pretty elite company.  The press will be all over Spieth so the pressure to win for Day will be mostly internal.  Day also seems to have a good mental game, his visualization techniques appear to work for him and he was able to play good golf while suffering the effects of vertigo which couldn't have been easy.

Joe Paradiso

I don't know, Spieth is playing to win 3 out of 4 majors in a single season which puts him in pretty elite company.  The press will be all over Spieth so the pressure to win for Day will be mostly internal.  Day also seems to have a good mental game, his visualization techniques appear to work for him and he was able to play good golf while suffering the effects of vertigo which couldn't have been easy.

I believe Spieth's pressure for the grand slam was much more intense than to win the pga. He definitely has pressure though but I think it fuels him.

Note: This thread is 3178 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!