IGNORED

Odds against Tiger Woods winning a PGA Tour event the remainder of this season and all of next?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To think TW never wins again is insane. I would put the over /under at 10 more victories. Think about he has at least 10 years left, where he can go out and win any given tourney .

I just watch his swing and then I watch clips of him even from 2013, and he's just not attacking the ball with the same force and speed, and I truly think in order for Tiger to be successful, he needs that. Now he's probably protecting his back, which goes back to what I said a while ago in that the back surgery and injuries will keep Tiger from being the Tiger of old. We can just hope that he can find a swing that won't put as much stress on his back and allow him to be successful. I think he's trying that now, but the results haven't been there. He said he's close, but if what we saw at the US Open and British Open is close, then I'm guessing when it clicks we'll be seeing T-50 and T-60 finishes. What will be interesting is how will history look down on him IF he doesn't break Jack or Sam's record. I think he has to find a way to break Sam's record. He just has to.

Regarding the aggressiveness of his current swing from 2013....that may well be correct. But did you see the video piece they did during the U.S. OPEN showing his swing on the range and on the course? On the range he was striping it swinging quite gracefully. On the course he was swinging like a bat outta hell. I believe his head was dipping about 4" lower on his downswing on the course than on the range.

• Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To think TW never wins again is insane. I would put the over /under at 10 more victories. Think about he has at least 10 years left, where he can go out and win any given tourney .

but he could never win again and his world wouldn't change one iota, and neither would the world of the pga tour.

when tiger took the golf world by storm, ratings and purses were much, much lower than they are today. a win for tiger was a win for the tour, because it brought more fans (and their dollars) into the sport. today, the tour can pretty much sustain itself without tiger having to dominate, even win. spieth's 22nd birthday was one of the lead stories on sportscenter...it was almost unheard of that golf outside of tiger was a leading story, let alone a story at all, years ago.

it takes a lot of hard work to win. does tiger really want to put the time and effort in now, without the payoff he once enjoyed? he makes an infinite amount of mnoey off the course with nike, has his foundation, course design, other financial interests, and his kids. he can show up at a tournament if he needs a fix, because he knows the fan landscape will look the same as it did when he was king.

imo, there is no reason whatsoever he needs to win. wants to...might be a different story, but we'll have to see.

Doesn't matter to me. You asked and I answered ;)

Even over the past 10 year's he's won at least once 7 out of 10. Over the past 5 he's still won at least once 2 out of the 5 seasons. I think he's moving in the right direction. I wouldn't be shocked if he goes out and wins at Firestone this year. He loves that course.

I understand that you are free to form opinions as you wish.. Could you give me a glimpse into your train of thought here and how you came to this conclusion.

Winning a major at the US open, the toughest venues possible. The Open which is just funky golf is a bit of a stretch to claim he's not trending.

The guy finished T-17 at the Master's this year.

Heck Tiger had one win in 2004, when he had no less than 5 wins the previous 5 years to that. That happened during a major swing change. Probably the only reason why he's struggled so much lately is due to the nagging injuries. He does seem to be much better of physically now.

You go ahead and shave your head. Make sure to post a picture ;)

You can consider it funky all you want, but the reality is that 46 year old Hiroyuki FUJITA shot a +2 and got cut while Tiger shot a +7 and got cut.. same funky golf but two different results.. I have a whole bunch of other names to share that were all playing on the same course in pretty much the same condition the first 2 rounds.

What nagging injuries are you referring to that are causing him to struggle so much lately?  this is the first I have seen anyone mention?

I just don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong because I'd love to see him battle it out with Rory and Jordan, but I just don't see him trending in the right direction. Since the Masters, it's as if he's gotten worse in every tourney with the exception of the Greenbrier which was a weak field and maybe he didn't feel the pressure as much because of it. I don't know. Just not seeing many positive signs. The Open was not funky golf. If it was, the leaderboard would have been full of funky players.

^^ This

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I understand that you are free to form opinions as you wish.. Could you give me a glimpse into your train of thought here and how you came to this conclusion.

He's having spurts of success with different aspects of his game. I think there is a very good chance that he'll put it together in a tournament here in the next year and a half.

I understand golf, though is significantly weighted towards ball striking, still requires all aspects to be there to win a PGA tournament. Different aspects of his game have shown glimpses of being very very good. He just needs to put it all together.

He's Tiger Woods and I'll bet on him to do it. Especially when he gets on a course he likes. The guy won at Firestone 7 out of 11 years, and 3 of those years he didn't win his worst finish was a tie for 4th.

I wouldn't be shocked if he seriously contended at Firestone this year. Get him on a course he knows and plays extremely well on might be the sort of positive factor to kick start his game.

You can consider it funky all you want, but the reality is that 46 year old Hiroyuki FUJITA shot a +2 and got cut while Tiger shot a +7 and got cut.. same funky golf but two different results.. I have a whole bunch of other names to share that were all playing on the same course in pretty much the same condition the first 2 rounds.

The Old Course is funky golf. It's brilliant funky golf, but it's a strange course. Heck it can be played forwards and backwards ;) and not a place you want to go into with a swing change with. Neither is the US Open for a fact.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I don't think he'll ever win another Major. I'm not quite ready to say that he'll never win again on tour. But I'm getting closer every time he tees it up.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Haney and a caller had Tiger on blast today basically accusing him of showing up to tournaments unprepared.  Hank claims the fact Tiger stated he practiced for 3 hours at the range earlier in the week is proof Tiger hasn't swung a club for quite some time.

Hank must be eating a big piece of humble pie tonight after Tiger shot a 66.

Joe Paradiso

Haney and a caller had Tiger on blast today basically accusing him of showing up to tournaments unprepared.  Hank claims the fact Tiger stated he practiced for 3 hours at the range earlier in the week is proof Tiger hasn't swung a club for quite some time. Hank must be eating a big piece of humble pie tonight after Tiger shot a 66.

Well who knows. He may be right that Tiger has been coming in unprepared and could explain his terrible showings this year. We know he worked his tail off before Augusta and that was the only tournament this year he's looked sharp in before this week. I'm not going to say whether he's right or wrong because I don't know what he does in his spare time leading up to tournaments. I think confidence and not trusting his back are playing a huge role in his struggles this year.

Call me crazy, but I don't think Tiger will win another tournament again, ever.

I expect he'll fold like a lawn chair this weekend.

And I'm no hater, either. It was fascinating watching Tiger dominate.

Call me crazy, but I don't think Tiger will win another tournament again, ever. I expect he'll fold like a lawn chair this weekend. And I'm no hater, either. It was fascinating watching Tiger dominate.

ok, you are crazy.... :-D conservatively, and assuming at least reasonable health (a BIG assumption), he will play in about 200 more events before he turns 50... he has won at somewhat less than 25% of the times he has teed it up, and that includes the current drought... he has at times flashed some competency amoungst a lot of incompetency... so there is at least some little bit of "tiger woods" in there... and i believe a little bit of tiger woods is good enough to at least stumble into a few more along the way*.... * having drunk the tiger kool aid for a LONG time, i still believe he has "more than a few" left in him... he'll never be TIGER again (who has, other than him?), but i haven't given up on him yet...

[QUOTE name="nevets88" url="/t/83392/odds-against-tiger-woods-winning-a-pga-tour-event-the-remainder-of-this-season-and-all-of-next#post_1173712"]   This was asked by someone on Twitter, wonder what everyone here has to say. What say you? I'd take 25:1. [/QUOTE] [QUOTE] Through 2014, Tiger Woods has participated in 310 PGA Tour events, winning 80 of them. A winning percentage of 25.8% , which is incredible considering the number of participants in every tournament. [/QUOTE] That is still without winning since 2013 :whistle: Odds that he wins a tournament between now and the end of next season, 3/7.

Yeah, I need to revise my answer. To something a lot closer to yours.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

All that he has left to play in is the PGA, and he hasn't played well at Whistling Straits even when healthy.  High rough off the fairways and slow greens (which Tiger says he hates) don't bode well for his chances.  I don't think he makes the cut, effectively ending the 14-15 season for him.  I don't see him winning anytime soon honestly.  The Greenbriar and Quicken Loans showed that he can't put four consistent rounds together, he collapses when getting anywhere close to contention.

Skybet are giving 28/1 for Tiger to win the 4th Major.

Is that a laugh or not,obviously a lot of money is still going on Eldrick.

He'll miss the cut on that course.

1000/1 he wins again in 2015.

The odds will never get to high because alot of people will put money on him no matter what.The higher odds will be on the nobodys not many people know so it can entice people to bet on them of course losing.They figure if they put odds on no name 1000 to 1 that alot will atleast put few bucks on them just incase of a miracle but in reality its just throwing money away.

Note: This thread is 3193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!