IGNORED

2015 SoCal Fall Outing Thread at Eagle Glen, Oct 11

jefkve
Note: This thread is 3134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

a 240+ yard forced carry

How come?  Isn't that a 5-iron for you?

No, not everyone can hit as far as you. :-P

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/83491/2015-socal-fall-outing-disussion-thread#post_1200548"]   11th sounds possible for me too. [URL=http://www.oakvalleygolf.com/HttpGate?name=ShowPage[/QUOTE] Maybe we can do a combo. Like play the Blues on 1, 2, 4, 6, 10 and 17. That would be 6,521.

I'm cool with a combo set of tees; at one point, I even knew the formula for reporting such a playing. :-)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I think that the 11th should work out for me. I'll reach out to Oak Valley soon and see what we can expect as far as price goes.

• Upvote 1

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I think that the 11th should work out for me. I'll reach out to Oak Valley soon and see what we can expect as far as price goes.

Thanks Tristan!

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

You're the best, Tristan. Thanks!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I may join if there is a spot for me.  It depends on the scheduling of a medical procedure, photopheresis.  If I'm started on that, it's two a week for the first month and each time takes out two days,  that's four days I'll be out per week.  1 day for the procedure followed by 24 hours of having to stay out of sunlight, even indirect sunlight... not sure how that's even possible.  This is to be decided on my next appointment on Sept 28th, then there's getting the pre-approval from insurance and scheduling the appointments.  Long story short, most likely I'll be available on the 11th.

I may join if there is a spot for me.  It depends on the scheduling of a medical procedure, photopheresis.  If I'm started on that, it's two a week for the first month and each time takes out two days,  that's four days I'll be out per week.  1 day for the procedure followed by 24 hours of having to stay out of sunlight, even indirect sunlight... not sure how that's even possible.  This is to be decided on my next appointment on Sept 28th, then there's getting the pre-approval from insurance and scheduling the appointments.  Long story short, most likely I'll be available on the 11th.

Yes that would be great.

That would be two foursomes by my count.

@mvmac

@Golfingdad

@tristanhilton85

@Lihu

@bmartin461

@jefkve

@Shindig

@No Mulligans

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Mulligans

Yes that would be great.

That would be two foursomes by my count.

@mvmac

@Golfingdad

@tristanhilton85

@Lihu

@bmartin461

@jefkve

@Shindig

@No Mulligans

Can we add my son?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Can we add my son?

Probably not (maybe if we need to fill a spot), we seem to already have two groups.

Also, I thought we've been over this a few times ;-)

http://thesandtrap.com/t/80388/tst-socal-2015-spring-outing-may-24th-2015-industry-hills-babe-course/54#post_1115768

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Quote:

Originally Posted by jefkve

Given the overwhelming response (/sarcasm) It looks like we'll be waiting for a winter outing....

I'm in if we can include my son?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Can we add my son?

Probably not (maybe if we need to fill a spot), we seem to already have two groups.

Also, I thought we've been over this a few times

http://thesandtrap.com/t/80388/tst-socal-2015-spring-outing-may-24th-2015-industry-hills-babe-course/54#post_1115768

In that case, I'm probably out too.

Sorry. Was just hoping this case could be different. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

In that case, I'm probably out too.

Sorry. Was just hoping this case could be different. . .

You could look for another Father/Son combination then it would work as you would add a complete foresome at that point.

Brad

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/83491/2015-socal-fall-outing-disussion-thread/18#post_1201118"] In that case, I'm probably out too. Sorry. Was just hoping this case could be different. . . [/QUOTE] You could look for another Father/Son combination then it would work as you would add a complete foresome at that point. Brad

They're not interested. . .and the one that used to play on these outings with us doesn't want to go on any more outings. Guess that's it for me as well, I'd rather go with friends anyway. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

They're not interested. . .and the one that used to play on these outings with us doesn't want to go on any more outings.

Guess that's it for me as well, I'd rather go with friends anyway. . .

Well then.

They're not interested. . .and the one that used to play on these outings with us doesn't want to go on any more outings. Guess that's it for me as well, I'd rather go with friends anyway. . .

Are you serious? I understand you like playing golf with your son... I'm sure I'm going to love playing with mine, but that doesn't mean you have to every time. This is a outing for the guys on the site to meet up, play some golf and bull shit a little. I don't get what you don't understand about that. If you want to play in an outing with your son find a damn Father/Son outing and sign up for that... I don't recall the thread title being "TST 2015 Fall Bring Your Kids Outing." Also, I guess it's good to know that you don't consider us friends.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/83491/2015-socal-fall-outing-disussion-thread/30_30#post_1202020"] They're not interested. . .and the one that used to play on these outings with us doesn't want to go on any more outings. Guess that's it for me as well, I'd rather go with friends anyway. . .[/QUOTE] Well then.

[quote name="tristanhilton85" url="/t/83491/2015-socal-fall-outing-disussion-thread/18#post_1202023"][quote name="Lihu" url="/t/83491/2015-socal-fall-outing-disussion-thread/30#post_1202020"] They're not interested. . .and the one that used to play on these outings with us doesn't want to go on any more outings. Guess that's it for me as well, I'd rather go with friends anyway. . .[/quote] Are you serious? I understand you like playing golf with your son... I'm sure I'm going to love playing with mine, but that doesn't mean you have to every time. This is a outing for the guys on the site to meet up, play some golf and bull shit a little. I don't get what you don't understand about that. If you want to play in an outing with your son find a damn Father/Son outing and sign up for that... I don't recall the thread title being "TST 2015 Fall Bring Your Kids Outing." Also, I guess it's good to know that you don't consider us friends.[/quote] That comment about preferring to play with friends was directed towards Brad, not you two. I wouldn't mind playing with you two, and I know exactly the origin of who started the complaints against taking our kids. It was Brad complaining about Hacker and his kid and father in law. I was there and remember. Sorry his bitterness spread to everyone else, I don't mind bowing out of any further outings. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

That comment about preferring to play with friends was directed towards Brad, not you two. I wouldn't mind playing with you two, and I know exactly the origin of who started the complaints against taking our kids. It was Brad complaining about Hacker and his kid and father in law. I was there and remember. Sorry his bitterness spread to everyone else, I don't mind bowing out of any further outings. . .

You're remembering wrong. And even if you aren't, that's EXACTLY the reason we don't want kids or a lot of guests. Imagine how Brad would've felt.... He's there to meet guys from the site and ends up playing with a guy, his kid, and his FiL. That's a little uncomfortable, don't you think? I'm sorry Lihu, but you are way off base here. If you can't manage to wrap your head around this then it's probably better that you do bow out of future events.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

[quote name="Lihu" url="/t/83491/2015-socal-fall-outing-disussion-thread/30#post_1202028"] That comment about preferring to play with friends was directed towards Brad, not you two. I wouldn't mind playing with you two, and I know exactly the origin of who started the complaints against taking our kids. It was Brad complaining about Hacker and his kid and father in law. I was there and remember. Sorry his bitterness spread to everyone else, I don't mind bowing out of any further outings. . .

You're remembering wrong. And even if you aren't, that's EXACTLY the reason we don't want kids or a lot of guests. Imagine how Brad would've felt.... He's there to meet guys from the site and ends up playing with a guy, his kid, and his FiL. That's a little uncomfortable, don't you think? I'm sorry Lihu, but you are way off base here. If you can't manage to wrap your head around this then it's probably better that you do bow out of future events.[/quote] I didn't remember anything wrong, I have all the PM from Brad regarding the root cause of his complaint.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!