IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (August 2015)

Note: This thread is 3158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Full swings on the range ... worked on turning hips.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More alignment drills. Balls are going straighter.

Once I get on the course, I hope for some better scores. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Swing mapping at the gym. I focused on getting my shoulders to rotate with my hips all the way to A9.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8/24/15: After a day of pulling everything I went to the practice area to work on it... It was mostly, my weight being too much in the heel, and quitting on shots and over closing the face on my hybrid shots... So I cured that with some easy swings at first and then picked up the tempo.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Today I anchored my head against my wall while working on getting my weight forward.  I did a slow back swing with my right triceps anchored to my rib cage. For the downswing I focused on pointing my knee at my target.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Worked on steady head really hard outside.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Putting on the 36" board.  Focus is on the front edge of the ball, swing straight through it.  20 swings with the swing fan.  Indoor swings, brush the carpet, soft arms.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

8/25/15: Hit a shag bag of balls working on three quarter swings with PW, 8i, and 6i got some good work in today, balls were on-line once I was warmed up.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Hit one and a half buckets off grass doing alignment on every shot. Starting to get the feel for my alignment. The balls are still going straight. I noticed that my lead shoulder is more comfortable and turns more easily if I kind of "slouch" it forward. Reading through the wedge distance control stuff in LSW. Tried to mark off distances using "known" targets, but I forgot my rangefinder and it was more of a feel swing thing anyway. Going to get more serious about distance control starting tomorrow.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

20+ minutes mirror work with focus on my new priority piece in my finish. I am rolling over my wrists too much from A8 to finish.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Played 17 holes... Quit on 18 because there were 3 groups on the tee box and 1 in the fairway when I got there. Played 17 holes in 1 hour 45, didn't want to spend another hour on the final hole. Not sure how everyone gets stacked up like that on the final hole, it's not even that hard of a hole.

Outdoor swings over grass, no ball.  Driver and 5h.  Working on smooth speed.  Keeping my left arm connected to my torso, folding the elbow after impact.  Hip slide/turn as always.  No tension so I feel the acceleration of the club head through impact.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Hit one more bucket to simulate the combine test. I have no idea about half the distances on the shorter side. Deciding which irons to hit. Practicing with my 4i just in case. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I hit nerf balls in the yard today. I worked on getting my weight forward while keeping my head behind the ball.  During my back swing I would keep my right tricep against my rib cage.  I recorded every swing to make sure I was doing what I intended on doing.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Note: This thread is 3158 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!