IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (August 2015)

Note: This thread is 3160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the office chair drill today ... just could not get outside to do anything else. Great drill by the way!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Still did the closed face drill, focusing on getting my right elbow in front of my right hip, I have a feeling I am going to be doing this piece for the rest of the year, it is taking me forever to get it.

8/26/15: Did the double gate drill with my 3h and 4h, trying to figure out why I was hitting foul balls into the left field stands... I think I figured it out, as a lot of you may know, my Hybrids have a little bit of offset... What I was perceiving as square, was actually closed, so I hit about 8 balls to left field at first... After setting up the face a little more open, I was hitting a nice draw and some mostly straight balls about 195 with the 4h and 205-210 with the 3h... With the City Championship in three days, it's good that I got this problem solved... With a 13 hour shift at Friendly's tomorrow I'm gonna have to get creative with my practice, but I'll figure something out, I always do...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I did office chair drill, since today is a travel day ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Spent about 15 mins in the back yard with the contraption I just made to detect early extension and hip slide. I will

have the post a picture in My Swing thread.

Doug

I hit a small buck at the range.  I warmed up by hitting some shots with my sand wedge.  I hit the rest of the bucket focusing on my priority pieces.  I worked on getting my weight forward and keeping my right tricept on my rib cage.  I would take 2-3 practice swings then hit a ball.

To help focus on keeping my right tricept on my rib cage I made my swings by holding my glove in between my tricept and rib cage during the back swing and downswing.  Out of the 30-40 shots i hit the glove fell out early once.

To help with getting my weight forward I tried making my swings as slow as possible.  I think my arm speed is starting to match my hip speed.  I just have to slow the swing down a bit.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Practiced chipping before my lesson today.  At the lesson, worked on my driver swing.  Trying to get a bit more distance without messing up my swing.  Worked on a bit fuller shoulder turn and a solid right leg to create torque.  Any tension in my arms/hands and the ball goes a bit left.  No tension and I get a nice little draw with a solid "pop" at impact.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Alignment drills, trying to see why I can't hit off uneven lies that well.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Swing mapping for 10 minutes in front of a mirror.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Outside with full swings working on Key 2.

8/27/15: Spatula drill working on SK #2... You spend 13 hours at Friendly's you gotta get creative sometimes... So I worked on getting the weight forward... Watched a video on my first break about shot patterns...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I hit a small bucket of balls at the range.  I warmed up with my sand wedge.

I continued working on my two priority pieces.  1) I need to get my weight forward 2) My right tricept needs to stay closer to my rib cage.

I would take two practice swings.  Then i would hit a ball.  I was trying to swing as slow as possible.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Only had time to hit 20 balls today, did the closed face drill still focusing on the right arm staying bent longer. Starting to feel not so awkward.

Wedge swings in the grass outside, no ball.  Worked with my SW.  Half, 3/4 swings.  Worked on relatively quiet lower body, with a small shift and a fuller turn in the follow through..  Then worked on the pitch swing.  Let the arms fall into the swing, hands close to the body, thump the ground, use the bounce and turn through the follow through.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Note: This thread is 3160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!