IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (August 2015)

Note: This thread is 3194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8/30/15: Played 17 holes today against Millsky, won my match 2 and 1... I have a tough match next Saturday... I'll have to play my absolute best next weekend in order to advance to the finals... I may have to beat the top three seeds in the flight to win the flight and take home the mashed potatoes and gravy... Need to work on Hybrids and 3 wood off the ground... Hit it well 4 GIR and 7 more nGIR... Need a little practice on some iron shots though...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just chipped outside tonight ... distance control was primary objective.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Outdoor swings over grass. Driver and 5h. Working on a still head, no tension and good hip slide/turn. Club head speed feel like it is increasing.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

36 holes today.  Thick rough is brutal.  Chipping was a nightmare today.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

36 holes today.  Thick rough is brutal.  Chipping was a nightmare today.

Thick rough is brutal... Especially when you have the ball bury at the bottom of the rough, rough 2 feet off the fairway is the worst... 8/31/15: As I have 8-iron or less into most par-4s, I worked on my approach shots from 150 yards and in today, 8i, 9i, PW, AW, SW... I need to hit AT LEAST 8 GIR to beat Jess on Saturday (Jess is a guy by the way)... Jess hits it well he's just wild sometimes, and I drive it well enough to put the pressure on his driver... I just need 8 GIR or half of however many holes we end up going on Saturday... I finished up with some chipping...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

10 minutes swing mapping with my new priority piece.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 driving range sessions before work. Played a putting game and finally beat one of my range buddies with this new "stroke".

First session was at 6:00am and, after dropping the kids off at school, the second was a short one where I was testing a higher tee with my driver again.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I did some practice in the back yard and living room focusing on my priority pieces. Not starting my left knee too soon and shifting weight in the down swing.

I should be able to post some video of this on my swing thread later.

Doug

Did full sings out in the garden ... tonight I focused my sing path, making sure I swung in to out

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Pushed my office chair around.  Worked on getting my weight forward and not turning my hips to much during my back swing.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Putting on my 36" ruler board.  Treated each putt as a real putt on course.  Went through my routine and then putted.  Did 30 putts, 20 went the full length.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Post if you feel you completed the August challenge!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

[U][/U] [quote name="mvmac" url="/t/83596/5-minutes-daily-practice-challenge-august-2015/342#post_1193102"][SIZE=22px] [COLOR=181818]Post if you feel you completed the August challenge![/COLOR] [/SIZE] [/quote] I did.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!