IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (September 2015)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3136 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played nine yesterday. Focused on a centered hip turn, especially with the driver. Played pretty well off the tee.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stretching. Muscles are a little tired hitting too many drives and 3W off the deck yesterday. Playing around with different alignment positions.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Driving range. Warmed up with PW. Then driver. With no tension, 260 with a slight draw. With a bit of tension, 230-240 high power fade. I am pleased, the work I have been doing on my driver swing seems to be paying off. Rest of the session was 5h, same issues. 170 baby draw with a tension free release. 160-165 power fade with a bit of tension. 7i, worked on deliberate draw, straight and fade. Wedges, worked on distance control and accuracy. Then putted, lag putts for distance contrl and some chipping. Full practice session...

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

I went to the range today and hit a bunch of balls.  I focused half of my time on my priority pieces(less shoulder/hip turn during back swing).  I hit most of my shots with my 6 iron.  I also worked on pitching, chipping, and some putting today. For pitching I was work on distance control.  For chipping I worked on chipping the ball out of deep rough.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Outside ... worked on 100-125 yard shots ... with different wedges

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

9/14/15: Oops... I'm out forgot to post yesterday... Smooth swings with irons today focusing on contact... It's too bad I had posted 37 days in a row, too.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

2 large buckets. Focus on drives. Hit around 100 drives focusing the way I learned recently using alignment rods and camera.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

9/14/15: Oops... I'm out forgot to post yesterday... Smooth swings with irons today focusing on contact... It's too bad I had posted 37 days in a row, too.

Today is the 9/13/15... Tuesday is the 15th... I'm not out just losing track of days...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Hit into my net outside.  5h and driver.  Concentrated on smooth speed with no tension.  Really tried to let the club head release.  I know you guys argue over a conscious release.  I know that it happens as a result of the things you do in the swing.  I know the biomechanics, it is my degree.  But my thought is to let the club release.  To me that means not to have any tension that would prevent the club head from releasing.  When I do that, straight with a baby draw.  When I don't, either a power fade if not too much tension, or a slice if too much.

This session was good, no tension and the swings all felt smooth and were in the center of the net.

Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Outside ... worked on Driver with key 1 and key 2 ... for some reason I tend to break key 1 on my driver ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

2 buckets comparing two drivers. Tested out my TM 9 degree driver and compared it to the Ping 10.5. In a head to head test, the carry distance appears to be farther with the 9 degree driver, and it rolls much farther as well. It seems like the Ping lands and rolls only a couple yards on the driving range. Definitely need to test this out on the course.

Did a whole bunch of 3W work as well. The few times I can make decent contact off the deck are really nice. Unfortunately, the few times.

Also, compared the MP-52 with the MP-32 again. They are really more forgiving. No hand shock on mishits. They are also standard MP-52 lofts, so they go farther than the MP-32 by about a full club.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

9/14/15: actually this time. I worked on getting my weight forward with my irons getting more distance with them.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Back home again ... hit the putting green outside. Worked primarily on my 3-5 footers.

90 minutes of cardio tennis....not golf practice but good cardio...

Indoor swings.  Not thinking of a lot of things.  Just a good take away, keep head still.  Start the hip slide before the shoulders turn.  Feel the torque in the torso. Keep tuning and let the hands feel relaxed, no tension.  Full follow through, fold the left elbow.  Repeat 75 times...  BRUSH THE CARPET

Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Another 2 buckets in the evening. Switched clubs every shot. Then did 3 per club.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

9/15/15: Played 5 holes so far... I'm at +3 so far I'm hitting it really well just a couple Loose irons so far...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Wall drills, rained out. Might go this evening under the covered stalls.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Sick as a dog, did the office chair drill in my office, and even that was a chore ... back to bed.

Note: This thread is 3136 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!