IGNORED

Taking good balls from range buckets

Cupcakus
Note: This thread is 3147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There's a whole lot of that going on. Kinda disappointing. I've seen Pro V1s in a golf dome . They weren't hit there accidentally.

Why is it disappointing? You concentrate on yourself and let others do what they want to do!

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it disappointing? You concentrate on yourself and let others do what they want to do!

Some of us care about the society we live in and raise our children in.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There's a whole lot of that going on. Kinda disappointing. I've seen Pro V1s in a golf dome . They weren't hit there accidentally.

Golf dome?

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

This is an interesting discussion. The range I grew up on only had "real" balls. Most had a red line but at least more that a third did not. That range most assuredly would say you stole from them.

Michael

This is an interesting discussion. The range I grew up on only had "real" balls. Most had a red line but at least more that a third did not. That range most assuredly would say you stole from them.

Overall my issue with this is that people are being very sanctimonious over a very trivial matter. Oh it's theft and you want to get all antsy about it, but I can promise all those people crying about it have done similar or worse in other circumstances. Just because it's a golf range and they like golf it suddenly makes them think they can be hypocrites and get all holier than thou and judgement because someone nabs a golf ball.

So I will admit I was wrong, I asked my lawyer friend if taking the balls from the range would be theft. He used to work as a public defender in Maryland, and he said technically yes it would be theft, because the balls would be owned by the range. However, if there weren't markings on the ball to signify they were range balls, as soon as they were hit, they would be finders keepers.

I think the lawyer is saying same thing some of the guts are saying.If its not a range ball marked then course cant prove theft because that ball could have came out of your own bag.That might be a big reason that range balls are marked as range or practice.

I wouldnt ....umm take a non range ball from a bucket but if someone else decided to free a paying customers ball from the course it was abandoned on I wouldnt have a problem with it.That ball was not given to the course on purpose and the ball will have a better life in someones bag being used for playing golf instead of being bashed repeatedly till its no more.

At my range these are balls hit with drivers by a couple of pros. They have about 9 holes worth of wear on them. I know whose they are from the brand and which tournaments are coming up. I save them for my driver, because I hit Callaway balls, and these are Nike or Titleist. [QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/84262/taking-good-balls-from-range-buckets/54#post_1195326"]   Technically, it's not theirs to give either, they work for the course. It's like if you took office pens home and gave them to your kids. [/QUOTE] You've never taken pads or pens home from the office? Come on, that's a perk. Practically everyone has done it. Or at least did it until the late 90s when it got brought up on Seinfeld when Kramer did it.

I don't, I did it once and realized it was a bad lesson to teach my kids. I took home a stack of pads with our old company logo on them only when a VP told us it was okay, as long as we left a few for him to take. However, my kids volunteered to work on some STEM presentations for my company, so they did get some free stuff for that effort. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

So... what I took away from this thread is that there is a site called lostgolfballs.com (thanks @iacas !) and I can find 'like new' balls for literally less than 50% of what I pay for them now!

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove? Lol

I remember watching Judge Judy once, it was a half hour of my life I'll never get back, but one of the people said if you don't have me on video I didn't do it. ;-)

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I remember watching Judge Judy once, it was a half hour of my life I'll never get back, but one of the people said if you don't have me on video I didn't do it.  ;-)

Exactly the type of person you'd expect to see on Judge Judy.... .....so I've heard. :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Exactly the type of person you'd expect to see on Judge Judy.... .....so I've heard. :-)

LOL

-Jerry

steal stēl/ verb 1. take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it. "thieves stole her bicycle" synonyms: purloin, thieve, take, take for oneself, help oneself to, loot, pilfer, run off with, abscond with, carry off, shoplift; More Seems pretty elementary to me. No one is crying, nor antsy... It just is what it is, stealing. Regardless of video evidence, or not

So... what I took away from this thread is that there is a site called lostgolfballs.com (thanks @iacas !) and I can find 'like new' balls for literally less than 50% of what I pay for them now! CY

My takeaway is to get into the low light high resolution surveillance camera business. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My takeaway is to get into the low light high resolution surveillance camera business. . .

Time better spent would be to put GPS chips in golf balls and track their migratory patterns

Note: This thread is 3147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!