IGNORED

What is the purpose of life?

StefanUrkel
Note: This thread is 3143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes and the trillions the citizens have to pay because the corporations and the millionaires, billionaires don't pay

So your saying they should pay more so we can waste even more money on bad programs. Way to compound the issue there ;)

Not according to this chart.

Edit: And just so I'm not OT, the meaning of life is... Death and taxes... :)

People forget that 30% of 5 million is 1.5 million.

A single guy making 60K a year would probably pay in the 10% area, so lets say 6K.

That one guy who makes 5 million a year counts for 250 people who make 60 K a year.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would ask what wealth that is?  Is it wealth that is just laying on the streets or is it wealth from another source (in terms of the corporations)?.  Oh, and you mentioned US but multi national corporations are by the very definition not just US companies.  I have always wondered what wealth was just appropriated by companies that existed before they did so that they could "steal" it.

If you don't know about what's going on. I'm not going waste my time educating you, find it out for yourself. I'm not going to play 20 questions with you.

So your saying they should pay more so we can waste even more money on bad programs. Way to compound the issue there ;)

Well 25% of corporations pay nothing about half of the other pay very little.

GE MADE BILLIONS AND PAID NO TAXES IN FACT THE INTERAL REVENUE SENT THEM A CHECK FOR 5 BILLION

Your buddy Romney paid less than 10% taxes and some years nothing. He got a deduction of $75,000 for a horse.. hows that.

What's the BAD PROGRAMS that you say.

GE MADE BILLIONS AND PAID NO TAXES IN FACT THE INTERAL REVENUE SENT THEM A CHECK FOR 5 BILLION

Your buddy Romney paid less than 10% taxes and some years nothing. He got a deduction of $75,000 for a horse.. hows that.

What's the BAD PROGRAMS that you say.

I do not know enough on the tax code to talk about corporate taxes. There are things you can do that allow you to right off things from one year to the next. In the end it balances out.  You are just focusing on one instance when tax code stuff can span multiple years.

Also you have to realize something. The super rich, they buy stock and basically have networth, and do not really take in an income unless they have to. To quote an article on CNN about Romney,

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Corporations pay no taxes!

Every dollar that shows up as a tax on corporate statements is paid by the consumer (cost of doing business ). While the corporation may get to write off these taxes, even in the event the tax is not 100% credited the corporation does not incur a loss, the cost is simply paid by the end consumer.

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

Dare I enter into this, since so much of it has been sarcastic, hatefull, or off topic? :~( Sure, I enjoy pushing a stick in an ass's eye! O:) Micah 6:8 (KJV) [SUP][COLOR=000000]8[/COLOR][/SUP] He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?   Nuff said.... Go ahead, flame on! :whistle:

How about Genesis 1:28..." Be fruitful and multiply

If you don't know about what's going on. I'm not going waste my time educating you, find it out for yourself. I'm not going to play 20 questions with you.

You're a real piece of work. It's fine if you don't want to answer the question. Of course if you wanted to play so smart you might have started with a better statement. For your information my education and background as well as profession is finance. I probably know a hell of a lot more about it than you do. Anytime anyone questions you you immediately turn negative.

In the USA it all about the millionairs/billionairs and multinational corporations stealing all of our wealth. Our job is simply to give everything we have to them.

Completely OT, never mind being such a broad generalization bordering on absurdity. @jcjim - this post is trolling at its worst.   Rather than posting a completely irrelevant post to a thread, why don't you open a new thread?

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

This is a weird and pointless thread. I only moderate to make sure no one is acting like a knucklehead. Carry on.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Not according to this chart. Edit: And just so I'm not OT, the meaning of life is... Death and taxes... :)

OT but this thread is pretty loosey goosey anyway...so here goes. I see a lot of issues with that chart, I'll just name two that really leap out at me: 1- Just because someone is "pegged" at a certain tax bracket on paper doesn't mean they are actually paying that amount. Lots of ways to defray your taxation exposure and, unfortunately, the more money you have the more tax evasion tools are available to you. Which is kind of my point. 2- The first four categories have a spread ranging from around $24 000 to $60 000 but the top fifth in that chart puts the guy making $134 300 in the same box as the guy making $13 430 000. That's a pretty wide spread. I'd say the only thing you can learn from that chart is that statistics say whatever you manipulate them to say.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

OT but this thread is pretty loosey goosey anyway...so here goes. I see a lot of issues with that chart, I'll just name two that really leap out at me: 1- Just because someone is "pegged" at a certain tax bracket on paper doesn't mean they are actually paying that amount. Lots of ways to defray your taxation exposure and, unfortunately, the more money you have the more tax evasion tools are available to you. Which is kind of my point. 2- The first four categories have a spread ranging from around $24 000 to $60 000 but the top fifth in that chart puts the guy making $134 300 in the same box as the guy making $13 430 000. That's a pretty wide spread. I'd say the only thing you can learn from that chart is that statistics say whatever you manipulate them to say.

I don't see where anything you wrote invalidates the chart or shows it is somehow manipulated. The income spreads are based on population quintiles, ~65MM in each. The bottom line is that the top 20% of earners pay 84% of the taxes in this country, well more than their "fair share."

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

That's about right! :yucky:

" Death and Taxes ".

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

You're a real piece of work. It's fine if you don't want to answer the question. Of course if you wanted to play so smart you might have started with a better statement. For your information my education and background as well as profession is finance. I probably know a hell of a lot more about it than you do. Anytime anyone questions you you immediately turn negative.

Thank you I am [ a real piece of work as you say ]...I can't quite remember,  were you not professing to be a hula hoop salesman, I don't know maybe I have the wrong guy.

You say you're in finance, I find that remarkable based on your threads

I can't be questioned because I'm always right.

:beer:   for the data.   I am in the wrong tax bracket.  Life is bitch then you die.

That's twice I have seen you say that. It's not Life is a bitch then you die, It's Life it is bitch, then you marry one, THEN you die. :-) Btw, that's not my wife in my profile pic, that's my soul mate and world.

1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

Thank you I am [ a real piece of work as you say ]...I can't quite remember,  were you not professing to be a hula hoop salesman, I don't know maybe I have the wrong guy.

You say you're in finance, I find that remarkable based on your threads

I can't be questioned because I'm always right.

You are welcome, probably the only compliment that can be paid to you is in sarcasm.  The funniest thing is that your vain attempts at an insult are about as on point as what you think is right.  I have been doing it for a long time, maybe not as long as you have been whinning and trolling and carrying on until you know you can't win an argument so just telling people you are done in a dismissive way.  That's the losers out.

Yes, you are always right, which is why you will sit there and argue with people about a statement you made even when they provide a definition that says otherwise.  I couldn't take you any more seriously if you were wearing clown shoes.

Note: This thread is 3143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!