IGNORED

Do You Golf Alone?

RussianCarl
Note: This thread is 3984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do You Golf Alone?

• Yes
    • No

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I do it all the time. Playing alone is a great way to work on your game - if the course isn't busy, drop a few balls in a sand trap & work on bunker play, hit an extra off the tee, hit extra putts. You basically have a 150-acre practice facility at your disposal.

Except when a guy cuts in front on the 10th tee.

I play by myself all the time. Completely normal.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Except when a guy cuts in front on the 10th tee.

Then his head makes for a nice target.

(Note to everyone now scrambling to they keyboards ready to rip me a new one...that was a joke.)

Originally Posted by Daver77

this is not possible on a public course is it?

Aiming at someone's head? Sure. I do it all the time. I'm unhinged, haven't you heard?

(Note to everyone now scrambling to they keyboards ready to rip me a new one...that was a joke. See previous post.)

No, if you mean playing alone, sure. If they're not busy they'll let you go off alone.

I play by myself all the time as well.  I play with my Dad and friends sometimes as well but no one wants to play as much as I do so I really have no choice.  I would say I play alone 50% of the time.

I like to play 2 balls on my own. Here in the San Diego area, the locals tend to get scared off by the "threat" of .001 inches of rain and sometimes there is only a handful of players on the entire course. More bang for your buck. BUT, it's important to imagine that each shot counts, as if you were competing. If you miss a shot it should still hurt ..... :-( .. :-)

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Want a good practice? Play worst-ball. Hit two off the tee & play the lousier one. Repeat.

I like to do that when there's no one around to aim at.

Being away from home I do it often and I normally play in the evening when hardly anyone else does. Sometimes my boss and I will play together but he has a wife and kids so it's not always an option for him.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

Originally Posted by ajst22

I am 16 and I play golf with friends during the week but on the weekend I tend to go by myself. Is that normal?

When I was your age, I did the exact opposite- practiced or played after school by myself most weekdays and played with my dad and some others Sunday morning.  I enjoyed it both ways and would recommend doing what you enjoy and not worrying about what is "normal"

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

I'd say it's normal to go out as a single. If it's a busy course or a busy time, you will probably not actually find that you're playing by yourself because you'll be paired or grouped up. Otherwise, you have a pretty good chance of playing alone. I have heard of some courses that don't like to send anyone out as a single, space or not. Hopefully the courses you play aren't this obnoxiously managed.

I play alone most of the time. I always play to win.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I usually play by myself through the summer. I work in a late 9 holes after work and by then they usually just send everyone out as a single.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I hear if you do it too often you'll go blind or maybe it was hairy palms.....

All joking aside I think that golf is an excellent way to mediate and take life in stride. If you like it, do it.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Jwat381

I win 69% of my matches when I play as a single, too.

LOL. Now who wins the other 21% of the time? The golf course?

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by biggdave92

played a round solo today.  it wasnt bad actually.  if i played my second shots i would've been under par.  crazy how that is.

Oh how I know that. I think my second player is around a scratch handicap. LOL

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Note: This thread is 3984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!