IGNORED

farthest drives

GolfClubbas
Note: This thread is 3153 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As weeks went by without much rain this summer, I noticed my drives get longer and longer. I am not a big hitter, but they went from a good drive being 220 to a good drive being more like 250. I hit a five hybrid 210 the other day, which was nice, and a huge outlier. But here in Vermont the grass is usually pretty lush, and rollouts are usually a lot less. It was nice to know though, that in the right conditions, I could drive the ball with some of these internet guys.

I hit one drive in a tournament that I measured with a laser and GPS (gps measurement was with Google Earth) at 398 yards, and it managed to hit the fairway too on a par 5! I hit driver and 8-iron to reach the green in two, which was pretty fun.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't remember the drive on hole #6. I remember the one on hole #12 when the ball ended up near the tee box of hole #13. That one comes very close, that was in the 360 range by google maps.

My bad ... That was the one. All week I kept confusing those two pairs of holes for some reason.

I've hit 275. Once. Had three or four in the low 260s. Normally I'm happy if I can keep it from slicing and get 210-220. Long ball hitter I am not.

Corey

275 is my farthest to-date with the driver. But I'm having driver issues lately so I left it home and used my 5 wood off the tee - 7th hole the shot was just golf-channel-perfect, it went 255. Couldn't believe it.

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

If I hit it less then 230, I'm a bit disappointed. 265 and I'm really, really happy. Farthest on the home course was 290, sandwedge in and a bogey as result. But the longest drive ever was somewhere in Spain. Wind helping, dry fairways and sloping down a bit. It kept rolling for ever. 340y. But i hit my second shot on that par5 over the green, made par. It's getting colder now, so these are summer condition numbers.

305.....Saxon Woods #9...

Hit it solid but pushed right a bit. Tee shot blind after 150yds.

Got to crest of hill no ball to be seen. Guy on adjacent green tells me one rolled on cartpath

almost all the way to the green.

nothing like a downhill cartpath!

I average 188 off the tee.

Was playing one day during a pretty strong wind. On a downwind 300 yard par 4 I hit a 4 wood that hit the back of the green and one hopped into a canal. Does that count? :-D

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

In recent memory, I had one of around 330 on a 375yrd par 4 at a local municiple, however this particular hole is like a ski slope! Hole must be 150 ft below the tee?! I caught it out the heel and it still just ran and ran. Back when I was younger had a lovely hippo 3 wood, steel shaft thing I could crack. Hit a couple of 300 yrd greens in one, which is a great ego boast. Nowadays, it's a work in progress!

Note: This thread is 3153 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!