IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

39 last night on the last regular night of the season. Position night is next Wednesday. I had a one shot (net) lead on the last. We both put the ball in the fairway. I hit the green with my second about 40 feet below the hole on the lower tier. He missed with his second and pitched his third through the green to the back fringe. His putt from the fringe comes out hot and hits the flag and drops in for par. This has happend to me more times this year than I can count. All I need to do is get down in two to win. I blow my first past by 8 feet. I miss the 8 footer comming back by 3 feet. At that point it didn't really matter so I just slapped at it and missed. I ended up with a 6 to lose by 1.

The really stupid thing is that if I had just made the 5 to tie we would have been tied for second, 1 point out of first and in the last pairing next week. Now we are tied for 3rd, two points back and we need the teams ahead of us to splti while we take all 6 points. Unfortunately I let my emotions get the better of me and I didn't try on the last shot. If we end up losing because that shot kept us out of the final match, I will be pissed. The good thing is the league has agreed to change the handicap process for next year. My wife and I will still be giving people shots next year, but at least we won't have to be playing against someone who has a score in their average from the first few weeks that is 15-20 shots higher than they are shooting now.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Played the worst front 9 I have played in a long time and shot a 50. Ended up pulling it together on the back 9, and shot the best 9 I have ever shot, a 37. So I totalled out at 87. Not to bad considering the front 9 I had. It was a par 72 course.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Shot my best 9 hole score ever, a 4 over 40 on a pretty challenging little mountain course. Birdie, Bogey, Par, Bogey, Par, Birdie, Double Double , Par. So close to breaking 40 I can smell it. I can't wait to get out this weekend and give it another shot. Man this game is addicting.

Later-----

Today was frustrating as I pissed away a pretty good round. I started out good, 230 yard drive right down the pipe, 9 iron to green, two put make par. 2nd hole, similar drive, poor 2nd, chip, 2 put, bogey. Par the next par 3, anyways after 7 wholes i was shooting a 29 which is 4 over par. I went on to triple and double the last two (4,5, so 7 7) and end up with a 43.

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

I shot a 3 over 38 yesterday in a warm-up round for my tryouts today (in an hour and a half wish me luck guys!) so I feel pretty good considering I probably just need 90 to retain my spot.

I'm really feelin' it so to speak with basically every club in the bag right now, I hit 5 GIRS and just couldn't quite drop the putts last time.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

I shot a 69 yesterday in the club championship. 6 birdies, 3 bogies. I am in the lead by 1 so I'm hoping for another good day today.

Ok so I followed up the 69 with a 76, for a 145 total. I won my flight and came in 2nd overall..... I'll take it

Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Struggled with a reverse pivot so hit the course today as I got bored at the range. First few holes were terrible but I sorted it and played the last 8 holes in 3 over which is decent enough considering i didnt really pay much attention to putting or chipping. going to try and play 18 tmro!

In My Bag:

Driver: Burner Driver 9.5 (UST Proforce V2 Stiff 76g)
3 Wood: Rescue TP 14.5* (Stock 75g Stiff)
2 Iron: G10 Hybrid (Ust Proforce V2 85g High Launch Stiff)Irons: X- Forged (Rifle 6.0 Shafts)Wedges: 248.06, 252.08, SM56.10, SM60.04Putter: 9 XG Ball: TP BlackBag: Ozone Stand...

I came in 2nd place today with a pretty solid 37.

I am quite thrilled to say the least :).
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

I shot 38 last night. 2nd 38 in 2 days!! Same course but this time it was a different 9 and from the back tees. Something has been clicking with my game, I think I'm ready for a breakthrough. Can't wait to get out there and play a full round to see what I can do.

Hacked up a 49 (net 37) in my league last night. Major blowup snowman on the first hole, then 5 bogeys, a par, and a double. Closed it out with a tripple. I have been working on swinging inside-out to get rid of the fade I've always had. It's working, but now I'm starting to hit some slight draws and most of my mishits go left. I haven't quite adjusted to it yet. My putting was pretty bad - I missed a couple of 6 footers and a couple at about 10 ft. 18 putts. 2 Fairways, 2 GIR's. 1 broken shaft when I threw my lob wedge into a tree when I hit 2 horrendous shots in a row with it on the 1st hole. I was especially pissed because I spent an hour practicing short game before the round and I was feeling pretty good about it. It needed a new grip anyway, might as well replace the shaft too.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

Bleh.

Shot a simply terrible 44 in the second day of tryouts on the back nine (par 37).

I'll still easily make the team but it's looking more like 4th slot instead of 2nd :'-(.

- Stuart Appleby

Well, in a tournament I shot 90. Just absolutely hideous. Missed around 10 3 footers.

But that was fixed with a putter change and I shot 81 today.. and missed the 80 by about 2 inches on 18 :)
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

out in 41 came in with a 78...made 8 straight pars on the back.

dmz

In My Bag:
Driver: 975J, 9.5, Grafalloy ProLite 3.5+ (tipped)
3 wood:
F-50, 15, True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 Irons: TA3 Form Forged, True Temper Dynamic Gold, 3-PW Wedges: Tour Action REG. 588, 51 & 60 RTG, 56 Chrome Putter: Studio Style, Newport 1.5 Ball: ProV1*

Only the best round of my life! :D

(Started on #15)

Attachment 522
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

81 in the rain in a Men's Club event. Everything was going great, 28 putts, 4 birdies then I F*ed up the last hole with a 9

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades