IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

i shot an 83 but what was really special about the day was this one drive i thundered and then the air became misty and i heard this song, "battle of evermore" coming in from the ethers, never had this happen before

Damn that musta been sweet!

Played my first round of the year yesterday at The Refuge (71.4/146) and shot .

It was a balmy 39 degrees and wearing winter clothing is not conducive to playing golf so I wasn't make a full turn (lot of pulls=OB) and I left every putt short on the aerated, shaggy greens. Course was dead so it game me plenty of time to practice shots around the green. Bad score but good to get out.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It was 70, today. Whooo hooo. I played well, shot an 80. I played with two guys, aged 85 and 82. They were a lot of fun to be around and both could putt their butts off.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Shot a 112 today and would say it took me 14 holes to get into any type of groove - we'll leave it at that.......

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I shot an 83 today, I think best ever for me! Granted the course was a pretty easy par 70 (esmeralda in spokane,) I hit my irons solidly and I tried the "hit chips using putter grip" tip and I did extremely well. Fourth time out this year and getting better!!!

Mike

Lot of catching up to do. We still have ~5 feet of snow here in Utah but I was able to skip out to St. George.
  • Sunbrook GC: 82 First time out in a while. I split 40/42 and was very proud
  • Coral Canyon: 77 This was the apex of my game in St. George. Split was 40/37
  • The Ledges: 85 I struck my irons well and my drivers were great (The D2 is absolutely amazing) its just this this course is so bloody hard! Split 42/43

It was a fun vacation. Next golf trip is to the US Open!
In the Bag
Driver: FT-3 Fusion Driver
Fairway Woods: FT-3 Fusion 5 Wood
Hybrids: FT Fusion Hybrid
Irons: ZB Forged 4-PWWedges: X-Tour (52,56,60)Putter: Rossa Daytona 1

• Administrator

Shot a 76 today from the blue-ish tees (they're not out yet) at Lake View. Super windy and a high of about 47° made it tough. Short game was awful, but my putting has been on all year, basically, thanks to the Z Factor.

Scorecard is here .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Shot a 76 today from the blue-ish tees (they're not out yet) at Lake View. Super windy and a high of about 47° made it tough. Short game was awful, but my putting has been on all year, basically, thanks to the Z Factor.

nice looking card.

I shot 90 today 2 penalties and 35 putts, can't get off the bogey train!!!!
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

How poorly can one person putt? I think I found out today. I shot 77 (+5) while hitting 15 out of 18 greens. Yes, I only missed 3 green yets was five over. Can you say three putt? I did six friggin times!

I hit the ball great. The three greens I missed were all just off the putting surface. It was absolutely the worst putting round I have ever had. And thats saying a lot since my putting has been really bad as of late.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

A perfect spring day in the Puget Sound!

Shot an 88. 42/46. Had 3 birdies on the front along with a double and an 8. Back nine was all bogeys. Still early in the season.

Had a few poory played holes (some might argue it was more than a few) on a new course, and I walked....for the first time. Holy crud do I miss my cart. I almost couldn't stand up for the last 5 or 6 holes. 8,000 yards of walking with a big bag on your shoulder will do that to you I suppose if you're not used to it. Wind was about 15-20MPH which wasn't helping either. Shot a 111

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Shot a 118 today. Not a bad score for me. It was a course that I've never played before. Also, the nicest course I've ever played. I'm really pretty happy with my game today.

Mike

well, lets start off saying the weather here was brutal. 25 mph winds saturday and sunday.Saturday i shot 79, finishing double-double. Sunday i shot 80, which is really bad considering on the second nine, i was 2 under until the last three holes, where i went triple-double-bogey.

I consider this my best golf weekend ive ever had.

In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

Shot 19...............for four holes. Then the heavens opened up. What a crappy weekend for golf. Break in the clouds and I went to the range. Mistake. Hit poorly. Came home and figured out the swing in the back yard. Taking two days off. Back to the course on Wednesday.

Last week 79 and 85. Had an Eagle in the former round.

Something is off with my swing, had a lesson and am working on a flat left wrist. Fixing that will take me from a 8.5 to a 4.5, easy. I've had an incredible time improving my short game of late. Plenty of up and downs, and 1 putts.

Just gotta keep working.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

118 ....................for 27, but the real feat was the 1st 18. 41/37 = 78. Minus my 15 = 63

Best round in 20 years. It was 42, overcast and windy. Started with a double, and that was the only double I carded today. 8 fairways, 7 GIR, 30 putts, 5 UD. I think all the work I put in in the off season paid off.

My buddie said after the round "I kept waiting for your normal blow-up hole and it never came". That's about the biggest compliment he could have given me.

The best part was this was from the blues. We normally play the whites. 6512 vs 5977. I think the extra length helps for me anyway.

Shoulda never played the 3rd nine, I was REALLY beat after walking 27 in a little over 4hrs.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I finally broke 80 for the first time!

Woo Woo!

77 today.

Was 2 under through 4 and just coasted from there.
32 putts, 12 GIRs
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

I finally broke 80 for the first time!

Congratulations!

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.