IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

41 today on the back nine. Did not take advantage of any shots around the course. Putt decent but still not hitting the ball consistantly solid. Wedges still need some fine tuning.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

Wasn't today, but three days ago. I shot my all-time high, an 82. My previous high before that was an 87. So I dropped 5 strokes just by hitting fairways with my new driver! hehe
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

i shot a 90 at my HS course. was doing really well but got in some tree trouble on a hole. hit my second on a par5 18 out of a fairway bunker behind trees. hit the tree dead solid and the ball went backwards. hit 4 a bit left behind i little baby tree. i was less then a foot away from it hitting 5, bounced squarely off the tree and hit my head. 2 stroke penalty. made up and down

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I felt sick and absolutely frustrated today. I played in an MAPGA Jr. tour event. I woke up at 4:15 to drive 2 and a half hours to my tournament. I shot +23. (Par 70). 48 on the front and 45 on the back. What a waste. I straight up shanked around 6 shots. They went dead right on me. I was hooking my irons because i was flipping my hands and I was working with my teacher to not release my hands so much which caused me to shank some balls and that translated to my round today. I have never rolled the ball better though. The line on the side that I line up with rolls perfectly straight. Too bad it didn't matter because I just didn't give a crap I was playing so horribly so I just went up and smacked my putts I felt so horrible. My driving was absolutely terrible too. I think I hit 2 drives that went straight and broke 235. I was pull/skying everything. I felt like I shot a 130. 2 weekends ago I shot a +1 37 on 9. I can't believe I can go and pull something like that.

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

A new personal best 82 for me... 41/41! 1 birdie, 2 bogies, 3 doubles and a triple. Had a couple up and downs including 1 extremely slick one flopping a ball up to a shortsided pin from 10 feet below and 5 yards off the green.

First round with my new driver and I gotta say I love the Burner

In the Ogio stand bag

909 D2 w/ VooDoo S
15.5* 906F4 w/ Aldila VS Proto 80S
3DX DC 3 HybridFP 4-GW56* and 60* Vokey SM wedgeSophia putter

a Horrible 88!!! 5 Doubles, Lots of lost balls, very tight tough course, had the sickest chip in of my life though.

6 GIR
8 F-WaY
40 Putts.. Yes.. 40 putts.
5 Par Streak from Holes 5-9
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Sunday - 85 at the monthly stableford.
Monday - 85 with a buddy visiting from out of town.

Consistantly not good enough!

--
Tee it high, let it fly!

MP-600, Fujikura E360 Stiff
Hi-Bore 1i, 2i, Stiff MP-57, DG S300 52.08, 56.08., 60.07 FISHER GOLF - CTS-1 Burgandy Insert ProV1

Last Friday in my league on the easiest of the four 9-hole courses for the league.

My opponent shot a 45 and with his 15 handicap had a net 30. I have a 6-handicap so i had to shoot par to win (par 35). I played a great round for 8 1/2 holes :)

After 8 holes i had 32, so if i birdied number 9 i would win and a par would get me a tie. I hit a good drive, my 7 iron to the green was on, but about 35 feet away. So i was just really trying to lag up for at least the tie. Well i proceeded to hit the worst putt of the year (not just the round) and ended up about 12 feet below the hole. i needed to make this putt to still tie and was determined not to leave it short. I pushed it and it went about 3 feet past the hole. Missed that putt coming back (no surprise there as i was deflated) so i 4-putted number 9 for a 38.

one of my best rounds ever.

I've been slacking a little on this topic. I've played a few rounds since last posting. My two previous before today resulted in an 82 and an 81. They were pretty standard rounds for me, nothing great and nothing terrible.

I went out today and had a miserable round of golf. I shot an 89 when all was said and done, and I'm not real sure I deserved that nice of a score. It felt like I hadn't ever played the game before. I can usually put together a nice string of pars to solidify my round, but today nothing was going right. Other than a few solid drives, I didn't hit the ball well at all, and my chipping and putting was below average as well.

I'm going to try to get out in the morning and see if I can improve on that score a little. :/

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
75 at Lake View today . It was a paradoxical round.

I've never putted better in my life, yet I had 33 putts. Six were lipouts, all had near-perfect speed, and I started every putt on the line I chose. I just misread by a few inches. 15 of the putts I missed were by a total distance of about two feet, and that's only because I misread one really long one by a foot and a half. Total distance of my made putts? 55 feet (Scorecard assumes three feet for the second putt, since it has no way of knowing).

I also hit 12 greens today, yet didn't strike the ball very well. For example, I heeled a 3W on the second tee and it caught a tree left, barely reaching the fairway. I thinned a hybrid that rolled to a stop eight feet from the cup (from which point I lipped out). I thinned an iron on 12 that still got to hole high.

It wasn't quite that bad all day with the irons - most were small misses - but still. A very paradoxical round. It could have been a 67 or an 83 very easily.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

41 for nine holes. i missed a 10 footer for 40 on the ninth green. here's why
http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14983

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

I played my first official round of golf in over a year about two weeks ago.
+14 for an 84
I was pretty pleased with everything esp. putting (27) except for my decision making. I chose to pull the driver out on two occasions and it cost me in both cases. Made one birdie on a short 127yd par 3. I missed a few other birdie putts, but in reality made a couple saves that I probably shouldn't have.

a 47 on 9holes today

2 (7's) , 2 (Par's) and 5 Bogeys......only on those 2 (7's) though I was putting for Par and 3 of them again were 5ft or less and missed them.....my Putting is freakin Horrible right now...but the sad thing is I feel comfortable in my approach

shot an 89 yesterday, right after a lesson too.. 3 up and downs in a row
4-6 gir, no idea on fairways.

31 putts!

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

Well I must say it cracks me up to read the guys who "play horrible" and shoot in the middle/upper 80's......but then again I'm just a 27-yr old who plays 10-15x per year and would be ECSTATIC to break 90.....but hell this year I hadn't broken 100 after my 1st 7 rounds! But last week I started to play better, shot a 51/46, hit 9/14 Fairways, 6 GIR, 38 putts......the last 2 years I have been really keeping track of all my stats & putting it into an excel spreadsheet to see and I also keep track of "give away strokes", chunking a chip, shanking an iron, missing 3 ft putt, etc, and I have averaged 24 per round of those, so I'm like , if I could make myself do what I want my body to do each shot, I'd shoot in the low 70's lol, but wouldn't we all......damn game.........

:
Driver:  MachSpeed Black 10.5 Fukikura Motore Speeder shaft

1Hybrid: VR PRO 15* (replacing my 3wood with this) 

Hybrids:  Baffler 18*, DWS 20*, TWS 23*

5I-GW  Mx-19 

Wedges - 50.08/54.14/58.10 

Putter:iN Craz-e

Ball: Pro V1x or Callaway Tour i(z) 

Played the front nine at my home course this morning and shot -1. I hit 6 fairways, 7 greens, and had 14 putts..... I'll take it any day

Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...