IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot a 45 on the front nine, and fell apart with a 57 on the back nine...

But I got my first EAGLE today with a lucky 130 yard approach shot with an 8 iron. I'll take all of that kind of luck I can find.

Bob Huddleston
Always looking for people to golf with in Memphis

In My Bag - Gigagolf
Driver/Woods: GX Squared Ti 10.5 -- 3W: GX Squared Fairway 15

Hybrids/Irons

3 HY: GX920 Hybrid 20 -- 4 HY: GX920 Hybrid 23 -- 5-9: GX920 Irons

Wedges

Pw: GX920 46 -- Aw: GX920 51 -- Sw: GX920 56 -- Lw: GX920 60

Shot a 45 on the front nine, and fell apart with a 57 on the back nine...

Congrats on the EAGLE! That alone can make a round seem awesome, no matter how the score ends up! I shot a 79 today, no birdies, 12 pars, 5 Bogeys and 1 stupid Double Bogey where I should have stepped away from my putt and re-read it but I didn't, and ended up with my only 3 putt green of the day. Fantastic weather and conditions!
Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

Shot 42 on the front 9 at bass lake (par 37). +5 isn't too bad for me on 9. I just wished I could have played the back 9.

My Bag:
Driver: R11

Irons: Titliest MB

Wedge: vokey
Putter: rosa

Balls: whatever I can find

I shot a 75 (par 69) on Saturday (+4 on front, +2 on back), my best round ever. The course is short, but everything was working for the most part, had a couple holes that it fell apart on, but made a few birdies that evened it all out.

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

78 today at the home course, with 26 putts and 3 penalty strokes... crazy

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

73, one over with the following stats:

5 birdies
4 on the front nine
1 on the back nine
6 boogies
2 on the front nine
4 on the back nine
13 of 14 fairways hit
6 on the front nine
7 on the back nine
8 of 18 greens hit
4 on the front nine
4 on the back nine
26 putts
10 on the front nine
16 on the back nine
6 of 12 up and down
5 of 6 on the front nine
1 of 6 on the back nine
34 front nine
39 on the back nine

chips around the green did not convert 5 to save par, easy to see what I need to work on.
note: played a Bridgestone B330 ball today and I like it.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Today was an extraordinary day of golf for me. I just started golfing maybe 3 months ago, and have hit the greens hardcore. Normally I manage to get myself to right around 100 on 18 holes. This includes my usual 3 or 4 mulligans that I take for when my drive slices like their is no tomorrow (in the spirit of speeding up the game). Lately I have been working on my drive. I have weakened my swing in order to preserve straightness and accuracy. Well today I made a pact with myself that I would count everything, NO MATTER how bad it was. I only had time for 9 holes so I played the front nine at one of my local courses. This was my amazing game:

Hole 1 par 5 - got it to the green in 3 missed the eight foot put for a birdie, but still parred

Hole 2 par 4 - severely mis-struck the ball upon driving and the bullited on the ground maybe 75 yards ahead to the left side but still in play. I required 2 more shots to get to the green where i landed about 30 feet from the hole. 3 putted the hole for a double bogey.

Hole 3 par 4 - made it to the green in 2, made the 7 foot put for a birdie :)

hole 4 par 3 - hit the green but bounced to the frog hair. since the hole is severely down hill from where I was, i used my sand wedge at an attempt to create back spin and land as close to the pin as possible. If I putted i would way over shot the hole and off the green if i didn't hole it. unfortunately the ball didnt go very far but also remained close to where it landed. Luckily i made the very lucky 20 foot putt for par :)

Hole 5 short par 4 uphill - Tried to use a little more juice on the drive and faded the ball into the trees to the right but luckily it bounced off a tree and landed in play. Used my 3 hybrid and landed about 12 feet from the hole. Just missed the the putt but still made par

Hole 6 long par 4 - ouch. this hole was killer for me. I got it close after 2 strokes but mistruck the ball 2 times with my sand wedge before i got under it enought to put it on the green with my 3rd attempt. just missed the downhill 10 foot but but made the second putt. A very annoying 3 over par.

Hole 7 par 3 - made it on the green in 2 and 2 putted for a bogey

Hole 8 par 5 - decent drive, mistruck the ball with my 3 wood, made it on in 3 more shots and then 2 putted for double bogey

Hole 9 par 3 - made par

ending score = 42 on a 35 par 9 holes. Needless to say, i was very happy with myself, even if it was a fluke round. I wish i had time for another 9 holes.

37+41=78... for the second day in a row. Only hit three greens. lol. But with that said, it wasn't bad

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

46 front, 48 back, 94 total at home. Haven't had a decent score at home all year, frustrating. Had forty minutes to warm up, no wind, 70 degree day, clear skies, absolutely no excuses except the operator.

Mike

46 front, 47 back = 93. Tough course I played for the first time. I 3 putted too much. Some more knowledge of the greens would have really helped.

Gary

-----------------------------------------------
In my bag:
G10 Driver 9degree stiff G10 4 wood stiff Ci7 irons 4-GW SW Twoball putter ProV1

81 today at Timberlake Golf Club a few minutes from my home club. Decent course, pretty technical. I definitely have a better understanding of the layout for when I go back... Mis-clubbed several times

120. Post-lesson hacking. Very frustrating!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

37-40

Missed A LOT of birdie puts on the backside. But it was a really good score seeing as it was my second round on the course.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Best round in a while (since the injury).

6 under 64. 7 birdies 1 bogey. Putted great for once with 26 putts, which included two two-putt birdies.

I started my first round on the 5th hole, so after finishing the fourth I continued on again for 13 more holes with a buddy I met out there. I proceeded to knock down three more birdies in a row and a fourth later in the round.

31 holes with 11 birdies and 1 bogey. I was pretty happy with that.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

**** golf and **** hillview golf course in fredonia, ny. ever hear of lawn mowers for the rough? seriously lost like 8 balls there today.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

Got to play Firestone today. Chilly morning and warmed up on at the practice facility for about 1/2 hour prior to our round. Two guys from my company and two customers. The low round on our foursome was 91. Sadly, I came in at 101. 48-51.

Playing a course like Firestone South: If you lack talent and shot-making skills, you'll pay for it on every hole. Thinking back, shots require 95% accuracy or you pay. Usually 2 strokes per hole. Hit a safe shot onto some of the greens and you still end up (at best) a LONG way from the hole; sometimes you end up in very thick rough; or, (at worst) in a sand bunker that can be 8' LOWER than the green. Two shots for not being 'good enough' to play the course.

Count me in the 'not having enough skill to navigate this course' group.

Made one par the entire round ... on #16 no less! No 'BIG' numbers, just a lot of freakin' DOUBLES!!!

Hit a lot of quality tee balls that made fairways. And I stayed away from tree trouble all day. It was the length and accuracy requirement of the 2nd shots that killed me. Only 3-putted three greens. And they were from 25' range. The greens are so fast and the breaks so subtle, you don't see the 2' break that happens in the last 5 feet to the hole on many putts. When you slide by the hole and miss the 5-8' comebacker 3-putts happen.

Other than that, it was a sensational weather day. Warmed up to about 72* and with the trees starting to turn, it was a spectacular day to be playing our favorite game.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

• Administrator
Eh, 80 .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets