IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

• Administrator
76 at Lake View . Then played 9 at WW. Thank goodness I'm taking a week off - I need one. then I'll quit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

93 yesterday. 49, 44. It was my first tournament for school, so I was really nervous to start. I started out with a 9 on the first hole...320 yard par 4.

Today, I shot a 43 in our match. Finished with bogey, double bogey. I putted well, hit my irons like I know I can, and drove the ball alright. Overall, I'm happier with today than yesterday.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

38 out 41 in. 79. Ho-hum round. ZERO birdies. I've been transposing my outs and ins.

did you ever notice that the Gieco commercials sell "moron car insurance"?

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Got in a quick nine before dinner. Started par-birdie-birdie and ruined the round with a double on the seventh. Shot a 36. I drove the ball like a champion, but the greens were airated, so putting was really inconsistent. I had 15 putts, so not a bad round overall.

What's in the Bag

Driver: Rapture 10.5*

3w: G10 15.5*5w: G10 18.5*3-UW i10 IronsSW: Vokey 54Putter: iWi Anser

shot a 93... played really inconsistent... but at least i can blame some of the lousy shots on the gusting 30mph wind...
11 over front... first 5 holes were money... par par bogey par bogey... then just fell apart after that...
10 over back... never got my game back on track... was basically scrambling my ass off on the way in...
hit 4 fw's
2 girs
34 putts!!!
had plenty of birdie opps but once again... failed to convert
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I shot a whopping 95 this morning, in sloppy conditions, on a course I had never played before. Of course, if I had adequately warmed up before the round (I went off stiff and played the first three holes 9-8-7), I probably would have gotten my score down at least into the 80s, as I did fairly well on the back nine.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

47-40 = 87. Man I need to work on my wedge play. BAD!
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

5 hr round today... course was packed...
49 out 42 in... front just keep kicking my ass... hole after hole... no pars at all on the front..
back was much kinder to me... 4 pars... 4 singles... finished off with a double...
girs were hard to come by... at least i got some decent chips that got me close for some 1 putts...
lost 3 balls... 2 in water... 1 in the woods...
hopefully tomorrow will be better... i need to get my game together before my brothers come to town for easter... so i can kick their butts... hahaha
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

48 front nine, 43 back nine. Started out with a double, triple, and quad bogey, then righted the ship. Windy! Also, I went back to using the 8-iron for shots under 80 yards.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Shot a 114 on a tough course today. It's the one where the Air Canada Open was held (119 slope from the whites). Also they just punched the greens so they were slow and the ball was bouncing all over.

Not bad for my 3rd round in 10 years :)

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

First, thank goodness sh**ks and tops were gone, with all the work on maintaining spine angle.

Tee shots -- mostly all good. Best in a long time.
Irons -- pretty good today except one top/thin
Wedges -- mostly not good with a few exceptions: but airmailed or bounced on and through too many greens
Sand play -- disaster on a lot of first attempts, the second shot out of the bunker was usually good.
Putting -- rushed a few too many and paid the price in blow up holes.
Total bill for nine holes = about 50 (lost count)

Looks like it's back to short game work.

I wish it was easy to practise sand game.

Next time I go surfing I am taking my wedges to the beach along with my surfboard.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

My first round in fifteen years that I played yesterday.

temp 50-55 with a 15 mph wind

I still haven't picked out a driver so I teed off with the 3 wood

#1: hook off a tree that bounced back into the fairway, 5 wood, pw a little fat, 40 ft putt to 6 inches for a tap in bogey 5
#2: drive over the right side of the lake, yanked a 9i left and buried it in a bunker, blast into a good sand lie, bunker shot to 8 feet, missed, tap in 6
#3: 140 yard pop up for my only real fairway hit, slice ob by six inches, fat 3 wood straight, excellent 9i layup, pw tugged left, 50 ft putt from the fringe to 8 feet, made it for a gutsy triple bogey 8
#4: 7 iron to the front fringe, 9i chip up the slope 9 ft short, made it for par, 1984 Seve fist pump
#5: push slice into right rough under a tree, punch out that thankfully wasn't shanked ob, 7 iron up a hill 30 ft right short sided and too long, safe chip back to the front of the green, chip a little too long and back off the green 20 ft away, putt 8 feet short, 2 more putts and that's how you make a smooth 8 on a 338 yard hole with no penalties
#6 :nice high straight drive (unfortunately they seem to have put some bunkers in the fairway ), 7i cleared the lip and rolled down the fairway really well, 8i misses left and short sided again, safe chip 30 ft from the hole, putt to 4 inches for a bogey 6.
#7: 140 yards to clear the lake off the tee, pop up splash, grounder to the shortstop splash (I've put more balls into the water on this shot than every other hole I've played put together), 5 wood from the deck clears it, 7i 40 ft from the pin, putt to 6 inches, a smooth tap in quad
#8: 8i toe hit into right bunker and in a footprint (and I was concerned about lack of sand practice ), chipped out 40 feet beyond pin, chip to 4 ft., putt made for bogey 4
#9: 180 yard drive uphill and about 50 yards left, severe sidehill lie and I top a 5w 80 yards straight ahead, pw hit low to avoid a large branch, but it goes over the green, chip to 12 feet, 2 putt double

gross 54, net 36

found two golf balls in the rough to replace the ones I drowned so my Scottish score was also EVEN

avg. drive 182 yards without the 2 drowned ones on #7
1/9 fairways hit, 2 if you count the thirty yard bounce on #1
0/9 GIR, 3/9 GIR +1, 6/9 GIR +2
15 putts, I would have shot 60+ without good putting
0/2 sand saves

time: 77 minutes walking with another player, we beat the cart driving twosome behind us by 3 holes

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

73 (+2) on Saturday at my buddies course (6750 yds, 72.1 / 128). Best ball striking day of the year except for 2 pull-hook drives. 3 birdies, 3 bogies, 1 double.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Played at Lely Flamingo again and really struck the ball well. I hit a whooping 9 greens which is really high for me, and I had 33 putts with my new putter. I loved the feel I just need to get the speed down. I only had one really bad mistake when I hit one in the water with my 6 iron because of the constant 20 mph winds. In the end I shot an 82, and when I get my putting on track look out seventies!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

71 on a par 70. If it weren't for 2 three putts and 3 missed three footers it might have been a ridiculous round. My game is really coming on, but I'm still not comfortable putting. Too many negative thoughts.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

Just finished, beautiful day here, in the low 70s, strong wind, but that's hardly a surprise. Shot 42-42 for an 84. Had the best ball striking round with my new irons, hit 10 GIRs. Made two mental erros, one off the tee, took too much club and went in a creek, the other I tried to do too much out of a fairway bunker. Those two holes cost me 5 shots, the other 16 I was 7 over. Anyways the big culprit today was my putting, had 5 3-putts and didn't get it going until close to the end of the round, did make a 30 footer for birdie though. Yep without the 3-putts I was under 80....

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder