IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

perfect day to play today... high 60's low 70's light to no wind...
had all the makings to break 90 again today... shot a 93 :(
if it werent for 2 balls going for a swim and some really misjudged 3 putts... frustrating but fun... paired up with a couple of hillarious guys which made the round more fun...
48 out 45 in...
opened the round with a bomb straight down the middle... probably in the 240-250 range that left me with a pitching wedge that i pushed pin high...
only other shot to mention was a putt from the first cut downhill right to left about 40ft away... great line... was just trying to lag it but it went in instead... ill take that
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Played 18. Tough walk. No complaints. 40;41. Awesome

Front 9:
Fairways - 1/7
Greens - 0/9
Putts - 13

Back 9:
Fairways - 3/7
Greens - 3/9
Putts - 18

Short game was awesome, as well as putting. Iron game was good, just small greens.

Played 9 shot 38.
F - 5 of 7
G - 6 of 9
P - 17

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

My first 18 hole round in fifteen years...

Lake of the Woods Golf Course, white tees 68.4/116 and 6214 yards

sunny, 60-70 degrees and a slight zephyr from the south, a PERFECT day

#1: Drive 210 into the right rough, but the nice 4i leaves me just 40 yards to the pin. Again, it's a bad pitch that goes to the back fringe. 50 foot downhill putt gets left 5 feet short. The horseshoe strikes and sets a bad trend for the day. Double bogey

#2: The drive is a bit high, but still 185 over the lake. 5i is badly pulled 30 yards onto the green tee on #3. I keep the chip under the tree limbs, but it fails to get to the green. The next chip is downhill about forty feet and I chip it about 55 feet, still not on the green. The next one is three feet short, but I make it for another double bogey.

#3: My only bad drive of the day scuffles to the left about 100 yards total. Two mishit 4irons later and I'm 230 to the pin. I layup with the 9i, but the pw 5th is pulled into the left bunker. I channel my inner Seve and it comes out nicely 5 feet away. It burns the edge and I limp off with an 8. As God as my witness, I will bogey this hole again someday!

#4: 8i is well struck and dead straight and I've got a 25 downhiller for birdie. First putt goes 12 feet past and the comebacker is missed. Bogey and the urge to kill is rising.

#5: Drive is 190 into the right rough and the 8i approach is left right and into a bunker. This explosion was not as good as the one on #3 and runs across the green. A forty foot chip is twelve feet short and it's two more putts for another double bogey.

#6 A good drive 225 yards into the right rough. The 4i is fat and smacks into a tree limb, but the next 4i leaves me 100 yards into the green. Another good pitch with a gw leaves me 30 feet right of the back left pin. This putt is left only one foot away and it's a tap in bogey.

#7: I try the driver to get over this stupid lake and it goes 200 yards a right down the middle. Woo hoo! Another gw, 30 foot downhill putt and tap in and I've got a par.

#8: The 8i is on the front left corner of the green, the pin back right and 55 feet away. Sigh. The first putt is six feet left, the second misses the hole three feet past, but I save the bogey.

#9: A nice drive 190 yards up the hill just in the right rough. 5i is short and left of the green, but I'm happy with the chip to three feet. However, horseshoe #2 gives me a bogey and a front nine of 49.

Hey! This course still has a back nine. Let's play that.

#10: I liked #9 so much I slice to try to play it again. From the trees I punch it to 60 yards short of the green. The lw looked good in the air, but just goes over the green. A 20 foot chip goes five feet too far and I lip out the bogey putt.

#11: A nice drive 200 yards up the hill and in the right side of the fairway. This puts a tree in my way and my 4i smacks right into it. My 8i finds the left front fringe about 70 feet away from the far right pin. The chip is 15 feet short and it's two more putts for a double bogey.

#12: My drive splits the fairway and goes 210 yards. The 4i also goes straight and I've got 112 into the pin. Sadly I hit the pw too fat and still have 40 yards. This lob over the bunker is much better and finds the front fringe 18 feet to the pin. Uphill putt is two feet short and it's a bogey.

#13: OB close to the left and I hit the driver off the heel. It misses every limb in its 190 trek up the hill, but its a bad lie in the left rough. Modern drivers are spiffy! The 7i is short of the greenside bunkers and about 80 yards to the pin in the back. The pitch looks great in the air, so great it lands beyond the green and goes down the hill. Urge to kill rising again. Chip back up to 15 feet short of the pin and it's 2 putts for a double bogey. My goal of breaking 100 looks a bit shaky at seven over bogey.

#14: This par 3 is my favorite hole and the pin is up front. I try to land my 7i just over the front bunker, but I hit it thin and it finds the sand. A good sand shot leaves me a 15 foot uphill putt. This one drops for a par.

#15: I finally hit a drive dead center of the face and it bounds down the hill into the right rough for a long drive of the year to date, 240 yards. 4i hits another tree, but Cabreras back into the fairway. Perfect 9i layup gives me 99 yards to the green over a lake. The gw is fat, but still on the front fringe. 60 foot chip is left 13 feet short and it's another "routine" double bogey.

#16: Drive is striped down the middle 200 yards and an 8i is a little short of the green. This hole is a bit more uphill than I remember or I was just getting tired. Chip to three feet, but another lipout dooms me to a bogey.

#17: 190 yards par 3, with the pin in the front right corner. My 4i is sliced right and bounces off a tree short of the right bunkers. I hit a 40 yard pitch on the very front of the green and it's a 22 foot uphill putt. Two putts and I have a bogey.

#18: I try to play #9 AGAIN with a bad slice that still gets 180 yards up the hill. The 5 iron clears the trees and its 115 yards into the green. The pin is in the far back, so naturally I put it in the front of the green 80 feet away. This is just about the longest putt possible on this course. I hit it the 80 feet and only six to the left. The bogey putt drops so I feel good about the last putts of the day at least.

Back 9 of 48, total of 97

fairways: 5/14
avg. drive: 193 yards, I'm happy with the driver
GIR: 3/18, GIR +1: 9/18
putts 35: GRRRRR!!!!
sand saves: 1/3
four trees hit, and it could have been up to six more

It was 97 strokes, but I only needed one ball

time of the round: 3 hours 10 minutes as a walking twosome

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

Boring Even par 70. 3 birdies, a double and a bogey. Missed pretty legit chances at birdie on 15, 16 and 17. I need to learn how to putt.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

85 in very nice conditions. A lot of solid play and a handful of "coulda, woulda, shoulda" holes... Breaking in the new Mizuno's was a blast in beautiful weather especially as they weren't the clubs that gave me issues.

+1 on 9 holes. Almost got my first hole in one on the 8th..168 par 3, 7 iron beautiful fade...it was sloooow motion. hit the green and then spun right and hit the pin, 1 foot tap in.

PS. I didn't cry like Sergio when it hit the pin.

Damn..I thought it was the one

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I shot 35 today!!!!!! It was in a 9 hole try out for a golf team too!!!! The funny thing is that i used my brand new putter for the first time(I know im sooooo stupid) and had 17 putts. I am so psyched!!!! Only 1 bogey and 2 birdies!!! Cant wait for the next tryouts tomorrow.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

i'm 14 and play of 29 and had 44 stableford points with one scrub and three one's that should bring my handicap down! and yes i just wanted to tell someone

my clubs my bussiness

"As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
Ben Hogan

great day... nice and warm in the mid 70's...
shot 9 over for an 81...
ball striking might have been too good... hittem longer than i usually do... the powerswing clinic i took is finally holding... overshot a few greens by inches...
missed 4 fw's...
got 6 girs... woulda been more if i didnt hammer some of my approach shots...
a couple of 3 putts that were just boneheaded on my part... rushing thru my preshot routine...
everything was shockingly straight... im usually aimnig slightly left to compensate for a slice that i didnt have today... a few of them had some pretty fade to them... too bad i was missing left most of the day... only had 2 pushed shots... very fast pace of play which was great since the course was packed
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Played pretty well today and shot a 74 today....
37 on front (Par 35)
36 on back (Par 36)
10/14 Fairways
9/18 greens
29 putts
2/3 sand saves

Driver: FT-9 7.5*
3 Wood: Burner 14.5*
Hybrid: SQ sumo 3 20*
Irons: Burner 4-Pw
Wedges: Oil Can 52*, Spin Milled 56*, Spin Milled 60* Putter: Crossbax Blade

43 (Par 35)

Very respectable score for my game. 3 Par's. A few missed par putts but damn has the putting practices helped. I blame some of my short game mistakes on lack of a pitching wedge. Misplaced it (picked up someone elses) last week. Still waiting for that guy to figure it out and go the the pro shop to find his sitting there with my name and number on it.

Played a tournament at Cranberry Highlands today.Played well from tee to green butt the greens were SO slow. Did not make a single putt. Shot 94 (48/46). Took me 4 holes to get rid of the jitters. Have a lot of work to do...been great off the tee and around the green but the second shots are killing my scores (along with that whole putting deal...)

78 at home course 70.2 127 really windy and really fast greens i am really pumped best round ever

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

A 92!!!!!

I know to most of you guys, thats a joke, but 92 is my best round ever, and also my first round this year!!!!! And it wasnt on my home course!!!!! (Im out of town for a few days) I am so excited. The new clubs are awesome too!!

But, I did practice a ton this winter. Bought a net and putting green, driving pad, swing positioners. Long story short, i spent a shit load of money on stuff I didnt believe would help, but it seems I did!

I know theres nothing exciting about a 92 for most of you, but for me, it was simply amazing! Perfect day!

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Played two rounds on Saturday, shot an 87 in the morning and a 83 in the afternoon.

My up and down percentage is really bad, me and my wedges really need some work. My PW isn't to bad, but I have been using my GW & LW more to become more confident with them. I am going to practice with them at the range more instead of trying to test them on the course.

My swing is coming around, I finally am feeling confident with that, and it has been consistent over the past few rounds, so hopefully there is no more fighting with that. My 'fairways hit' percentage over the past few rounds has been around 65%, which is a great improvement from last year.

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On Saturday, i shot a 109. I shot a 51 on the back, which is where i typically am. The first three holes were completely butchered. I was playing skins with a buddy of mine with comperable skill level, and he pretty much cleaned me out. Some times i am not a very patient person, and the start to the day really put a test on me. Was kinda happy how i came back around.

Monthly club tournament yesterday. I shot a great front nine (42) then had some struggles on the back (52), but the 94 with my course handicap won me the flight. Yay!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random