IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Just won £62 in a winner takes all 3/4 handicap stableford over 14 holes got 34 points! If I ever meet Brian Manzella I owe him a pint, his tip about driving my right shoulder down and toward the ball at the beginning of the downswing totally corrected my swing plane. If I ever turn pro (which I never will but its nice to fantasise) I'd definately get Manzella as my swing coach, the guy talks about the mechanics of the swing in such an innovative way.

In the bag:

R7 Draw 12.5
Big Bertha 3-wood
F50 5-wood
NVG2 Mactec 3-iron Hybrid
MX-17 4-SW
Tour style lob wedge
Bobby Grace DCT response

In the Bag:

R7 Draw, stiff Exsar FS2
F-50 3-wood, stiff Exsar FS2
F-50 5-wood, stiff Exsar FS2 MP-60 3-PW, reg TT dynamic gold MP Tour Style 54.10 and 60.09,reg TT dynamic gold Bobby Grace DCT Response, w/ golf pride "2 thumb" grip B330S

Got out but only had time for the front nine. Nobody behind me and stuck behind a foursome I decided to play two balls.

Ball 1

Score +2
GIR 5
Fwy 4
Putts 16
UD 25%

Ball 2

Score Even
GIR 7
Fwy 5
Putts 16
UD 100%

Actually almost went bogey free on ball 2 but ended up 3 putting on #9

Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

Didn't keep score since I went with my aunt (probably around an 8 or 9) and she forgot the scorecard. Good thing. Counted out a 50 I believe. It was more of a practice round though. Hit extra balls since nobody was near us. Wasn't mad. 50/50 on whether or not I wanted to go, but it was free so couldn't pass it up.

About 45* out and 35 mph wind gusts. Yippee.

Yesterday's nine

60* with a 15-20 mph wind and partly cloudy

#1: One of my longest drives ever on this hole, 220 yards and just 15 feet left of the lake. The ball is in a bad lie and I try to dig it out, but after a bounce off a tree I'm 98 yards to the center of the green. I try to leave it short of the hole and naturally hit the sw thin and over the green. It's a good chip except for the part where it bounces due left after hitting a ball mark. Two putts from 16 feet and it's a double bogey.

#2: The drive winds up about forty feet right of my drive on #1. After the drop I hit a 5w to the right of the green. This leaves me a 70 yard shot straight up the slope of the green. Bump and run with the 9i is four feet short of the hole. I drop it for the bogey.

#3: A heel slice goes into the right rough about 170 yards off the tee. My best drive so far this year on this hole. 3w winds up near the top of a large mound in the right rough. I'm about 190 yards from the hole and 140 to clear the left lake, I go for it. It's a nice rolling shot between the two lakes, but just drops into the left one. Sigh. Shot #5 is about 80 yards to a front pin with nothing in the way so I try the low runner again. It's 12 feet short and my chance at the long sought bogey is just short. GRRRRRR

#4: 7i is hit nice and thin, hits short of the front bunker, bounces over, rolls up to the green and I'm pin high 25 feet right of the hole. Just as I drew it up on the tee. I go for the birdie, pull it a little and go four feet past. One lip out later and it's a long walk to the 5th tee.

#5: A sweet drive 210 down the middle and it's about 120 uphill into the wind. The 9i lands on top of the left bunker mound and stays there. It's a simple downhill 30 foot chip. I get it to three feet and save the par.

#6 A drive into the right rough and a 3w leaves me 147 to the pin in the back right of the green. I want to leave it short and left so I hit 8i. I hit every bit of it and land on the cart path long and left of the green. The ball almost reaches the 15th fairway, goody. I hit a low chip to keep it under the trees and the cart path helps get it onto the green. Two putts and it's a bogey.

#7: This drive into the wind clears the lake and is in the right rough. I have a hook lie and hit a pw into the wind from 110 yards. I hit it straight but a little fat. The ball avoids the right bunker and I have a simple lob over the bunker to the pin. I pull it a bit and have a 17 foot uphill putt. It's just short and I walk off with a bogey.

#8: Now I'm with the wind and hit 9i. The pin is up front and I nearly fly the green. It's a good chip downhill from 60 feet to five. I drop it in on the high side for a par. 5 on the last and it's even bogey.

#9: I'm with the wind and it's one of my longest drives ever on this hole, 220 yards. It's not far in the right rough, but still under four trees. I punch out to 99 yards from the hole. The green is well above me on a plateau and the pin is near the back. I think there is no way I can hit a gw too far. I think wrong. It's about 20 yards past the pin when it gets down the slope. I chip back to twenty feet and two putt for the double bogey.

Total 46
Fairways: 1/7
GIR: 1/9 and I three putted that one
GIR +1: 5/9
putts: 16
2 in the water but no sand!

A windy 18 tomorrow. It should be fun.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

86 (+14). 42/44. It was in a tournament too. The greens were lightning and it was windy, so there were a lot of high scores. I've played the course before so I knew how the greens were. I just played it safe and ended up putting as best as I can remember. I made like 3 20+ footers. I may have had 30 putts yesterday (I didn't keep stats). Short game was good and putting was better. I couldn't drive the ball at all. Irons were on and off.
I qualified for the next round because the top xx% of golfers qualify.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Shot 40 on a quick nine after work. Had 19 putts so a bit disappointed with that, but almost holed an eagle from 156 out.

Blade Stand Bag
905R 11.5 R flex
Tight Lies 3 Wood
Ci7 Irons 4-GW R Flex
Vokey SM Wedges 54 / 58Classic Putter #1 34"ProV1 or U-Tri Tour or E5+

41 on a 36 (34.6/122) just a qucik 9 for practice and getting used to the course before my league starts next friday ...
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

102 at the "hard course".

What a nice day out. Horrible front 9.
Best shot was on the 525 yard par 5. My tee shot went about 280 i guess. I stepped up with my hybrid that i havent been able to hit well lately. Said why not and rocketed that thing just off the green. Nice par. I think i had a total of 3 pars all day. Nothing really worked.

Im sad

BUT! When i got to the first tee box to meet the threesome i was paired up with. The guy says "hey Scott". He is the guy who's sand wedge i picked up by accident two weeks ago at a different course. He has my PW. Making the exchange on Monday. So weird.

42 on a quick nine at my home course 70.2 127 6200

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

And now for today's exciting round.

Wind out of the sw at 20-25 mph with stronger gusts, lots of fun to be had.

#1: Driver into the right rough about 190 off the tee, a great 4i approach is just twenty yards short of the pin from the left rough. A 9i bump and run to 8 feet and I'm off and running with a par.

#2: I hit the drive well, but the wind hit it even better and we're in the lake again. 3w puts me about 70 yards from the pin behind the bunker. I push the sw well out to the right and it's about fifty feet right and long. I chip up to nine feet, but miss the putt. A spiffy 7

#3: Can I get a bogey today? With the wind behind me and a cracking effort at #1 I call on the 4i and it's a great shot 210 in the left center of the fairway. A 5i second puts me short of the lakes. I have a sidehill lie 102 yards from the pin and the ball is in a bit of a hole. I dig it out with the gw and I'm just 21 feet from the pin. Two putts and I still can't bogey #3, but I'll settle for the par.

#4: 8i is a little long, but left to avoid the back bunker. Chip on to ten feet and two putts for a routine bogey.

#5: A nice straight drive for once pushed by the wind into the right fairway bunker about 215 yards off the tee. I hit pw up the hill and it's a nice low shot that runs between the two front bunkers and about 35 feet left of the pin. The first putt is six feet past, but I make the comebacker for par.

#6: I slice the drive almost across the fairway on #13. There is a gap in the right trees, but my 4i doesn't find it. Shot #3 with a 3w moves me further up the tree line. Shot #4 is 80 yards from the pin tucked over the right bunker, there is another bunker in front of it and the air route is closed due to lots of limbs. I hit a low 9i over the first bunker and into the one by the green. The ball clears the lip, but doesn't roll very far. I do make the 18 foot uphiller to save bogey though.

#7: 4i is rifled 210 yards and just into the left rough at the corner of the dogleg. I've got a hundred yards to the pin and some overhanging limbs. I hood the 9i again and play another low running shot that puts me on the green 17 feet from the pin. This was a shot I hit a lot as a kid very well, so I'm thrilled it's back. Two putts from there for a par.

#8: My 9i winds up a little short this time. I chip to eight feet and lip out the par putt.

#9: Driver down the right is blown back into the fairway by the wind. My 5i is short and left of the green. I try to lob a sw on to the plateau, but it's a horrid shot into the right bunker. The shot from the bunker is out to 18 feet. Two putts later and I have a double bogey and an encouraging front 9 of 44.

#10: 4i looks good in the air, but the wind blows it right into the trees. Punch out to 115 yards is followed by a pw that is hit too far and over the green. I chip it ten feet from the hole, but the bogey putt is missed. I've played the easiest hole on the course twice and have two 6s to show for it. UGH!

#11: Drive is sliced badly into the right trees, but avoids ob. I skull out a 4i to the fairway, but the 8i is hit a bit fat. My attempt at a runup fails this time due to some grass that was taller than I thought and I've got a 45 foot putt up the hill. It's the right distance, but six feet left. The double bogey saving putt may have been gust aided.

#12: The driver (me) is still not working right and is in the right rough again about 180 off the tee. A 4i is rifled 200+ yards over the lake and into the center of the fairway. The shot was so good, it produced my first club twirl in fifteen years. The pw from 110 is too long again and I have a 42 foot downhill putt. I leave it five feet short, but this par putt is right in the center.

#13: A heel slice off the tee that would have scuffled 20 yards and ob left back in the day is about 160 yards up the hill. I hit another really good 4i dead on line and about 30 feet short of the front pin. The chip is about twelve feet long and right and the par putt fails to drop in.

#14: Right into the wind and the pin is in the back. I try 5i, but I hit it very fat and wind up short of the front bunker in a horrible lie. This time it's the pw and I hit it just a little too far and left. From the fringe 25 feet away, I get too bold and put it 8 feet past. It's a straight uphill putt and it's rattled into the back of the hole for a bogey.

#15: Now I can play #6 as I slice it into that fairway. My attempt to play back to the fairway is thwarted by a pine tree. My punch out with the 4i is very good and shot #4 will be just 130 yards from the pin. I attempt a 9i, but my swing is totally gone now. It does manage to skip across the lake leaving me in a hole inside the hazard on the other side. One more 9i bump and run is punched out from this lie and I'm 36 feet long and left of the hole. Sadly, it's 3 putts from there and my dreams of 89 are shattered.

#16: Now my 4i off the tee doesn't even work as it finds the trap on #17. I attempt to play down the hole with a 7i but pull it into the tree line. Once again, the best play is into the greenside bunker and I get a nice uphill lie. I chip it to twelve feet, but miss the putt. Double bogey

#17: It's 205 yards right into the wind. I couldn't hit this green with a howitzer even if I was swinging well. I take 7i and layup short of the greenside bunkers. I run up the next shot to the front pin and leave it ten feet short. My attempt at a Billy Casper par just misses left though.

#18: I now tee off with my putter. Nah, but I bring out the 3w and it's a little high but in the fairway. I liked it so much I hit a better shot with it up the hill and have about 60 yards in for the next one. I try one last running shot into the wind, but this one I pull and it goes off the back of the green 40 feet from the hole. From the fringe, I lag it to two feet and make bogey.

44/49 for a 93, not bad with the wind

fairways: 3/14
GIR: 4/18 and all were two putted for par
GIR +1: 9/18
1 water ball, 1 skipped across
6 trees hit, all with the same golf ball
1/3 sand saves
33 putts

time of the round 3 hours, 15 minutes for a walking group of three

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

Strong winds yesterday. Went out and walked 9 after school and shot a 47. Had some beautiful approach shots and some nice putts.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Walked another 9 today. Shot a 44. My putting and irons were on fire. Had a nice bump in run for a saved par. Par was 36.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

It was too perfect out not to play today. Quick 9 since I had a baseball game before. Shot 41 (+5) with a birdie from 25 feet on the 9th. Drove the ball well today, and putted better. Wedge game was decent. I just had a bad pull on one hole so I re-teed and made a double. All-around it was a solid day.

• Administrator
Shot a 73 (par 72) at Scenic Heights (70.9/120) today in what felt like a steady 40 MPH wind (if I'm exaggerating at all, it ain't by much). Pretty good ballstriking, which is great at this point in my lesson progress.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got 88 today at a course i have only played twice so was alrite with that.
My highlight was almost driving to the green on a the par 4 18th about 270 yards.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

47 + 56 = 103. Lots of OB and some chunking chips. Overall was happy with a lot of shots, just didn't score well.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random