IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

51/49=100. Crappy day! Only 2 pars. Drove wild, chunked hybrids, shanked irons, skulled chips, misread greens, killed or babied putts.

The irony of this is that I had my best drive maybe ever off the 1st tee of that course. Straight, 300 yards. I just stood there to behold it. I should have left it in the fairway and went home :)

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Bogey golf on 9 holes tonight. It was too bad my putting was a little cold tonight or I could have shaved another 3 shots off. After a dismal round on the weekend, it felt great to get a bit of a groove back tonight. There were no surprises tonight other than the Deer and her two fawn crossing the fairway on the 14th.

Here's what's in my ogio.gif Grom...

wishon.gifDriver: 919 THI 460cc 9°
wishon.gifWoods: 915 F/H 16° and 21°
wishon.gifIrons: 752 TC 5-9, PW, AW, SWtaylormade.gifPutter: Rossa - Suzukatitleist.gifNXT Tour

My weekend was interesting:

1. On Saturday, I played in an individual stroke play event that also had an additional competition---blind partner. The course is one that I had not played in 15 years and two holes were substantially changed. Here is the interesting aspect: the greens on holes #4-6 have severe slopes and are undulating. I warned everyone as we stood on the 4th tee (par 3 of 215 yards, with a green that is partially blind so you can see only the top of the flagstick) that the hole is extremely difficult. A shot that is too long is a sure double bogey or worse. A shot that misses the green short or to the side will produce an automatic bogey, at best. So what happened? No one hit the green, and I had the best score---a bogey four. I was just short, hit an 8 iron chip short of the green, and let the ball creep onto the green. Trust me, I was very careful with my first putt, and left an easy tap in. Two of my group chipped on the green, and watched the ball roll off the other side, and they have good short games! After that three hole stretch, the greens are more normal, and people were able to avoid heaving their irons or putters into the air. Why does a golf course architect design greens that are so severe? If every green was like that, no one in this area would play that course.

2. On Sunday, I played in a nice fund raiser for the High School basketball team. My team shot 11 under par on a tricky, nice course. The format was "Captain and Crew" or 4 person scramble. We came in second by one shot. The winning team birdied each of the first 8 holes, and we were 6 under on that stretch. Here is the interesting outcome: the 18th hole is one of the most difficult par 3's in our area-----225 yards and well trapped in front of the green and to the right side. We hit a 5 wood within 5 1/2 feet of the hole, and made the birdie putt! Our deuce held up as the ONLY skin until the last two groups came in, and we were cancelled. No one had a Skin, so the Chairman took all of the money and handed it over to the basketball team. No one objected since the purpose of the event was to support those young athletes. I thought it was nice that no one was so boorish as to raise an objection.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Shot one under 71 today. My ball striking was as good as it ever has been. What let me down was my putting. This round could have easily been 66 or 67. Funny how it goes. Strike the ball well and putt like a fool. Kick it around and make everything you look at.

42/46 88, broke 90 for the first time!

I was stoked with my front 9, then shot a +4 8 on hole 14, a +2 6 on 15, missed a 4ft birdie putt on 16, missed a 3ft par putt on 17, and missed a 4ft par putt on 18.

Talk about pressure getting to you, huh!

Oh well, I will quite happily live with 5 pars and two complete blowout holes for now. The obvious theorycraft of if I could have bogeyed those two, I would have shot 84, and those choked putts would have taken it even lower!

Eh, just more enthusiasm to get onto the old practice green and spend hours refining it all~

Well, time to change the old signature goals!

First time back after two months off (!) recovering from a rib injury. Shot 46 (+12), with nothing over a double bogey. Not as good as I'd hoped, but not as bad as it could have been.
In the bag: Titleist 909D2 9.5°, 906F2 15°, 585H 17°, AP2 710 3âPW, Vokey SM 52.08 & 58.12, Studio Select Newport 33", Pro V1X.
Home course: Lenzie Golf Club. Working on: ball striking.

I shot a 92 (44 & 48) at St Thomas Priory in England today. Hit a 540 yard par 5 in 2 day. It is downhill and did have a good wind in my favour. Manged only to get a par. Story of my day... my damn putter wasnt working!

905R 10.5*
585H 19* & 24*
T Zoid Sure 5 - SW
60* Lob Wedge
Anser II Putter

shot 89 today... after my last round that was in the 70's today was pretty disappointing...
3 balls went swimming today... 2 on one hole...
really inconsistent today... eagle on one hole triple bogey on another...
i think my only real excuse was slow play just kills your rhythm... i was cruising along the whole front 9 then as soon as i get past the turn... boom... group on the green... group in the fw... and a group in front of me waiting on the teebox... i shoulda went home with a 3 over on my scorecard and played the other 9 another day
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I'll let you know later. Playing here at 2.00pm with 7 friends..

http://www.tyrrellswoodgolfclub.com/showpage.asp?p=4708

and the winds getting up. God, I hate playing in the wind....

Mind you, the pro is doing us a special half price green fee deal. £21.50 for 18 holes...

In the bag......
Driver: Ping G10 10.5 Prolaunch Red regular.
3 wood: Ping G10 15.5 Prolaunch Red regular.
5 wood: Ping G10 18.5 Prolaunch Red regular.
Hybrids: Ping i15 20 degree AWT regular (on order!)4-PW: Ping i15 AWT regularGap Wedge: Ping Tour-W 50/12 AWT regular (on order!)Sand Wedge:...

Shot an 87 yesterday with three ugly 7's on the card. Going great guns on the front 9 (40 with one of the 7's) but then the wheels came off.

In the bag......
Driver: Ping G10 10.5 Prolaunch Red regular.
3 wood: Ping G10 15.5 Prolaunch Red regular.
5 wood: Ping G10 18.5 Prolaunch Red regular.
Hybrids: Ping i15 20 degree AWT regular (on order!)4-PW: Ping i15 AWT regularGap Wedge: Ping Tour-W 50/12 AWT regular (on order!)Sand Wedge:...

Played my first ever round of even par today. Started pretty solidly with two pars (for some reason, these holes have been difficult for me) having missed two makeable birdie-putts from 10ft and 6ft. I was feeling perhaps too good going into one of the easier holes on the course for me (par is acceptable but I'm always going for a birdie) and came out with a bogie. Still, I was determined not to let it bother me.

I recovered nicely from a bad tee-shot (some 30 metres shorter than usual) on the 4th hole and two-putted a par. I hit three good shots on five for a birdie and am back on par. Made a good par on the par-3 6th and proceeded to the 7th hole.

8th is not my favourite holes and once again I fail to hit the green in two after a nice tee-shot. Chip and two putts for a bogie. Again, not disheartened I hit a good tee-shot on an easy par-5. Second shot, a 4-iron left from the green. A good chip that allows me to tap in the birdie with the wedge feels good. 9th, I hit my 3-iron just right of the fairway. From 140metres, I hit a perfect 9-iron that heads right at the flag and finally stops some 9ft after the hole. A good birdie attempt, and a tap-in par.

On the par-5 10, I hit my third from about 100metres and again 2-putt from 9ft. 11th and 12th I par and head for the most difficult part of the course: two long par 4's, a mid-length par 3 and a par 5 I've never played better than bogie.

On 13th I hit a terrible 3-iron that leaves me some 210metres to the flag. This time, the 3-iron works nicer and I'm just right from the green. However, a bad chip and I'm left with 11ft for a par. The result, a bogie. On 14th, my drive hits the right side of the narrow fairway with huge trees blocking my way to the green. I hit a punch 6-iron from 160metres to the rough left from the green. A bad lie and I barely make contact with my wedge. 12ft to par but I manage to hole it.

The par 3 goes as planned and I 2-putt from 10ft. On the difficult par 5, I hit an average tee-shot. Second shot is a 3-iron which leaves me some 130 metres to the flag. I hit a solid shot, the ball looks to be right at the flag on the elevated green. To my disappointment, I still have about 15ft for my birdie. Still, I manage to make a nice attempt, just right of the hole, and a tap in par (first ever on the hole).

Now, the possibility of a round of even par is on my mind. But the birdie will have to come on 17th. So, instead of the usual 4-iron, I pull out my driver in order to dry and reach the green some 267 from the teeing ground. The ball starts right from the target but the wind pushes it to the left, just as planned. I find my ball on the foregreen, hit one of the better chip-shots of the day and tap in my birdie.

18 is not an easy hole. A long, dogleg par 4. My drive finds the neighbouring fairway leaving some 165 to the flag. I get lucky with my approach as it starts left of the target - straight towards the bunker in front of the green. Instead of finding the bunker, I get a nice bump and the ball rolls just barely avoiding the bunker (in fact, the edge of the bunker pushes the ball towards the flag). I find the ball on the foregreen, pull out my 56-wedge, hit it almost in, and tap in the final par of the day.

Stats:
GIR 13/18
Chips 4 / Saved 2
Putts 31
Score: 72

Feeling pretty good - especially since I was able to finally score on two of the holes that have been ruining my rounds the whole summer.

My Aerolite bag contains:

VR Tour Driver Project X 5.5
904F 17* 4-wood Sabre Stiff
MP68 3-PW Project X 6.0
52* Vokey Spin Milled -wedge

Redwood ZB

I prefer a ball, but may occasionally hit almost anything.