IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Well, broke my streak of breaking 50 on my 9 hole rounds with a 53. Morally a 51, but I somehow blew way past the hole on a putt on the last hole and hit his ball. Oops. Too bad I wasn't putting from the fringe... The good news is that even with 3 triples and a quad (scored as a +6 thanks to the penalty, but clipped back to a quad by ESC), it wasn't any worse than this. When I'm on, I am on, just need to get that for more than 1/3 of the holes. Had 3 pars which is as many as I've had in a round before. Shoulda had 4, or perhaps 3 and a birdie, but my putting was not on at all so I bogeyed a GIR with about a 20 foot first putt, and then hit a 6I to ~6 feet on a 152 yard par 3 and only made a par.

But this was good enough to continue the downward trend in my handicap index by pushing a 110ish score out of the top 6... 30, here I come...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Shot 81 today with RIDONCULOUS winds, so I'm happy...38 on front, 43 on back, Par 72
10/13 Fairways hit
7/18 GIR(not that impressive, I know)

1 birdie, 8 pars, 5 Bogeys, and 2 nasty Double Bogeys(score killers!)

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

Had my best round yet. Shot a 93 at my home course. It felt pretty good. I honestly could have been much better if I could have dropped more 5 foot putts. Its a par 68 course, so 25 over. No birdies, 2 pars, but I single boggied almost the all the rest of the holes. I hit 6 of 10 fairways, never I have I done that well. 39 putts is also a new best for me. My chips were pretty good today. All in all it was great for me. There was one par 5 that I scored a 10 on. So If I could have just done a little better on that hole I would have broke 90 when this is the first time I broke 100. Anyways, I'm really happy about it. It's funny a lot of you guys would consider a 93 an off day or worse, but for me, it was great.

Today I did something I have never done in one round and I have played golf for 42 years. I had 2 eagles. Made a 30 foot putt for one and chipped in for another from about 20 yards. Didn't make any birdies and shot 74. Made a couple of double bogeys to cancel them out though. :(

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I got out on Sunday at a local course, which is an Arnold Palmer design. It has been a busy year for me, and was unfortunately only my third round of the year, thus, my putting was worthy of my carpet at home, but not the green. Ended with an 82, with four inexcusable misses from inside 10 feet, and not a single birdie on the round. Working in my j33 irons though (new to me anyways) and really enjoyed the forgiveness after playing the Mizuno MP-32 blades for 4 years!

WITB;

R9 9.5* TP Driver
906f2 15* 3 Wood
585h 21* Hybrid j33 Irons RAC tp 52*/56* Wedges Newport 1.5 e6 Ball

Even. League round. Finally playing decent after a couple of weeks of absolute shit play.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I know nobody really reads what anybody else scores, but my earlier post I typed the wrong score totals:
I had 1 birdie, 9 pars, 6 bogeys, and 2 double bogeys....

3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo

82 off par 71 off handicap of 16, oh yes is the handicap going to be cut!!

What's in my Titleist RC10 Cart Bag? Driver: Nike Sasquatch Sumo Square 5900 10.5* Aldila VS Proto 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Nike SQ Mach Speed 15* Hybrid: Nike 5H Ignite 23*
Irons: Nike Ignite 4i-Sw Wedges: Vokey Design 252*-08 / Oil Can Spin Milled 60*-08
Putter: Odyssey White Ice 2Ball CS 34"...

my last round was played at one of my least favorite courses.... TINY elevated greens, and rock hard.... I carry about 7 handi, and shot 93 at this course... I really don't think I played that bad, but the course was just that tough

44 last night. Triple (due to lost ball and trip back to the tee), double (short game fail), but at least I drained a birdie bomb after my opponent put in a putt from downtown for par. The look on his face was priceless.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Choked big time today. I got to the 18th hole at Eagle Haven (Little Creek Amphib Base) @ 4 over par. A par would have given me my lowest round this year by 2 shots. I push fade a ball into the trees on the right and tried to cut a punch 4 iron recovery to run onto the green but clipped a branch coming out. Im laying 2 at the 150 marker and fly the green with a 8 iron into the bushes near the clubhouse. Chipped long and 3 putted.

I was really dumb. A smooth 3 hybrid off the tee would have only put me about 10-15 yards shorter with a routine 7 iron to the green. My buddies were really digging me afterwards..... but they did buy me a couple beers.

Another 81 today, Par 72.
1 birdie, 8 pars, 8 bogeys and 1 Double Bogey. 9/13 Fairways hit and 7/18 GIR. 3 Penalty Strokes(2 OB and 1 in the water, ouch!)

3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo

Played nine holes and shot a 38 with a double on the last hole! Bitter!! Driver was on today. Putted well.
The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight. -Ben Hogan

Shot an 84 on a pretty tough track ( Heron Lakes Great Blue ).

I played yesterday and absolutely roped some drives. I got a new driver in a trade with a fellow Sand Trap member. For those that are interested, I did a custom 'WSU Cougar' paint job on it ( see thread here ). On the 8th hole, 413yd severe right to left dog-leg with water down the right. I hit a nice draw that rolled out to a drive of about 270 yards. Nice 9-iron to the middle of the green, pin was back left so I didn't want to challenge that with water left short and long. Another tough hole was the 13th, 410 yards, straight, but plays back into the wind, trouble right, bunkers left. I put one straight down the middle with 145 left to the green. I ended the day with 2 perfect drives on 17 and 18 to setup a par-par finish. The 17th should have been at least a birdie, I put a 3-wood on the par-5 (which I don't usually go for, but my drive set me up good) to just off the green to the left. The pin was down a pretty severe slope with water and the opposite side. I putted short, trying to get it just over the hill, but it stopped short on the edge. 2-putted for par from there.

If my irons and short game would have been a bit sharper I would have scored better. I think my short game suffered since the courses around here are just getting into good shape after a fairly wet spring.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

44 (par 35)

Only 15 putts. I could not find the fairway. I hit one of them.
Played with a pro and 2 ladies. This guy was on fire.

Happy with my round.