IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played 9 holes today. Shot a +1 37 on a chilly, slightly gusty day. Got grouped together with a pro from Tokyo and his buddy, and it went down to the wire, all of us tied until the last par 3. I luckily topped an 8 iron to 3 feet and made birdie, but what a day. Putting has been in the groove all this month. And after my half-round, I went not once, but twice to the range to happily work on my game. Gotta cherish these days.

Titleist 910D2 8.5° Diamana 'ahina 80 S
Titleist 909F3 3W 13° Diamana D83 S, Titleist 910f 5W 19° Fubuki Ax 80X
Taylormade RAC MB TP 3-PW Irons DG S300, Callaway Jaws 54° and 60°
Titleist Futura putter, Taylormade TP5 balls

Was wet, cold, damp and muddy Sat just gone and I had 4 doubles, but I ground it out for an 86 (17 over) on The Montgomerie @ The Celtic Manor

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

Took on Pinehurst #2 on a simulator. Shot an 86.

In terms of play, I was on fire with the driver. I'd say I played around that since I might've lost 1 or 2 strokes due to putting (6 ft and in is a gimme) and gained 1 or 2 back from chips.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Played my last round for the next few days. Colder weather and possible snow coming back in the forecast. Actually was pretty cool today, the temp may have reached 50 but doubt it. Cold enough that the ball wouldn't fly very far. Didn't play well but managed to shoot 77.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Actually it was yesterday.  Clear skies, no wind, temps at 76 degrees!! Perfect day in Sedona, AZ.

Shot a 3 over 74.  4 bogies, 1 birdie and 13 pars.  3 of the bogies were 5-8ft missed putts after a chip. The remaining bogey was the result of a pulled 3 wood attempting a par 5 in 2.  Used a penalty stroke : (  Missed 4 more puttts of 6-10 ft for birdies.  I actually putted pretty well since I only used 31 putts on the round.  I hit the ball better then the score indicates.

Driver Callaway Diablo Edge --- Custom Sonartec 3, 5 and 7 woods made +1" stiff shafts --- Irons 5-L Ping G10 +1" 4.5* upright reg shafts --- ---Putter Tiger Shark

I played today in cold damp conditions (I just had to once the snow finally melted). I tied for my lowest round ever with a 93. I made the most out of the four par 3s as I played those four holes in just one over par. I did not chip well nor did I putt well. Soon I will have lessons on my short game as I strive to break 90.

Played today in some absolutely beautiful weather.  50, calm and not a cloud in the sky.  Shot too high to mention.  Struck the ball well, short game back and forth.  Literally.  Played tour quality lasers off the tee and 25-handicap the rest of the way.  Putting pace is greatly improved after figuring out I was lined up right causing de-lofted skidding.  Only one birdie.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Shot a life changing 0, yes a ZERO!!!

first time ever my course was closed this morning :( have not played for week its killing me.

The schoolteacher was taking her first golfing lesson. "Is the word spelt p-u-t or p-u-t-t?" she asked the instructor. "P-u-t-t is correct," he replied. "Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."

Hellish day out today. 53 degrees and really strong winds. I tried to hit most shots low and that worked out well in a lot of situations.

It is amazing what you can do with 3-7irons when the wind is too strong to chance the high arching shots.

Shot a 95. But got a lot of practice.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

well, 80 today, which is closer to my norm of 78, and a whole world better than last week when i shot 91.  gonna try again tomorrow, hopefully be able to keep it in the 70s.

Played 9 @ Knox Muni.  Shot a 46, which I am pretty happy about considering I haven't played since Nov.  Lots of rust in my putting game, but other than that I was pleasantly surprised with the rest of my game.  Beautiful sunny day, 37 degrees (which made the ball feel like 5 lbs.)

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."- John Wayne

44 for 9 holes, my best score yet on my home course.  It works out to a bogey average.  Too bad it was 4 pars, 1 bogey, and 4 doubles.  "Should" have been a 43, but after putting a 52 foot putt to 2 feet, I started thinking about what a nice 2-putt it was, only to turn it into a stupid 3-putt.  I probably had that coming, though, because I pulled out a bogey on the tough opening par 4 after hooking a tee shot into the neighboring fairway, then finding a greenside bunker with my 3rd.  On the second hole, a par 3, I found sand off the tee, blasted out and sank a 34 foot putt for par.  So between those two holes, I was definitely borrowing a shot from the golf gods...

It is probably the most pars per 9 holes I've ever had.  Makes up for my horrendous rounds in Seattle last weekend, which I can at least ascribe to cold, rainy weather.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

80 for the second round in a row.  i took a different approach, though, and played a shortish par 70 only teeing off  with a 5-wood with the idea that it would help me work  on my 5-8 irons, which are generally good for distance but bad as far as aiming goes.  i might have to do that more often, seeing as that i only missed one fairway all day hitting that 5-wood.

ugh, i am just really in a slump.  i don't think i've shot in the 70s in over a month now.  shot 83 and 88 this weekend.  just bloody terrible for me.

Originally Posted by mirv

80 for the second round in a row.  i took a different approach, though, and played a shortish par 70 only teeing off  with a 5-wood with the idea that it would help me work  on my 5-8 irons, which are generally good for distance but bad as far as aiming goes.  i might have to do that more often, seeing as that i only missed one fairway all day hitting that 5-wood.

I do this alot. I tee off with my 5 wood or 3 wood for positon. I played a course this past weekend that was 6500 yards and used the driver 3 times. Surprising didnt miss a fairway with the driver. Missed one fairway.  shot an 82 that could of easily been mid 70's if it wasnt for my sparatic putting. Drained a few long range putts and 3 putted 4 times ugh.

Drivers: Titleist 913 D2 Aldila phenom
Fairway Woods: Titleist 910F-d
Fairway Woods: Titleist 909 F3 or

Hybrid: Taylormade tp 18 or Mp fli hi 2 iron 
Irons: Mizuno MP-52 3-pw
Wedges: TaylorMade RAC Z TP
Putters: Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #2
Golf Bags: Titleist Blue cart bag

Shoes: Footjoy Dry joys

Golf Balls: Titleist Pro v1x