IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Drove 2 hrs south to play the first available non-snowed course open in NJ. Shot a 95 for my first round of 2011, which I'll take  in 40 degree weather

Driver: TaylorMade Super Tri 10.5°
3-Wood: TaylorMadeR580, 15°
Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue Mid, 19°
Irons: TaylorMade R7 4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Spin-Milled Vokey Oil Can 56.14, 52.08Putter: Ping Karsten AnserBall: Bridgestone e5+

Had a 93 so I played to handicap. Not bad for my first time out trying to implement some swing changes and not playing for a few weeks. Driver was above average but i hit some very poor approach shots on a few too many holes to capitalise.

80 the truly depressing way. 35 out, 45 in. My hubcaps were stolen in the middle of the 11th fairway after I topped my 3W approach about 15 yards into the duck pond. Honestly didn't hit another decent shot from there to the 18th green, which I three putted to lose the match. Yay golf!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On Monday I had 94, Thursday I had 81. I had a shot at the 70's until I messed up the 8th (17th for the day) par 3, where I blocked WAY left and made double.

But a 13 shot turn around thanks to an improved swing and some up and downs is a good sign for me.

Oh, the guy who's card I was marking had a hole in one!!!

82 for me today (16 over for the course).
5 pars, 11 bogies, 1 double, 1 triple. No three putts!

Wish I had some more 1 putts...or more GIR. Haha.

Weather was great. I'm definitely making improvement.

I played Wednesday and shot 86  (45-41: Par 37-35).  But it was a pretty steady round and made par/bogie with a single birdie.  But today I go to the same course and shoot 88 (44-44). But it was like I was a different golfer today and lots excitement.  Hooked the first drive OB and took a 9 on the par 5 first hole.  Had a 7 on a par 4 and an 8 on a par five, but the the other holes were all par, one birdies and couple of bogies.  I can't think of any excuse except I got to the course late and didn't warm up, just hit a couple of putts and teed off. Both days started off cold but warmed up well during the rounds.

go figure?

Butch

@ Falcon Dunes in Arizona

Par 71 - 6611 yards

The powers that be have decided the past few months to play the course backwards which pisses me off. I don't like starting and ending on 2 of the 3 par 5s

39 on the front 9 (holes 10-18) and fell apart the last 2 holes to shoot a 45 on the back (holes 1-9). Gave up 5 strokes on the last 2 holes. Could have shot in the 70's for the first time in months.

OG Hoofer bag
Titleist 905R 9.5°, Grapite Design YS-6+ (S)
Callaway Warbird 4 wood, Grafalloy ProLaunch 65S
Ping ISI-s: JZ Cushin Regular flex, white dot
Titleist Vokey Design 54° "AW", Cleveland 588 60° "LW", Ping IWI Craz-E

Home Course: Falcon Dunes, Luke AFB, AZ

Teed Off at 3pm today at my home course. It is my 4th rounds with my new driver 910D2 and 58deg Vokey CC wedge . I was hitting so well with my driver and by hole no 14 , I was -1. I was 3 under for the first 5 holes on the back nine with 3 consecutive birdies . However , when come to the last 4 holes , hell broke lose and I hit 2 OBs. Ended the day with 77 or 5 over for the day. Here are the mistakes for the day 1x Drive - OB ( slice ) 2 x Hybrid - 1 x OB / 1 x Sand ( both slice ) 3 x sand wedge - 2 x short and 1x long 1 x Gap - long 1 x putt - missed a 3 footer ( down hill slope )
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

88 (43/45) @ Cedar Hills in VA. Never quite caught on to green speeds that were much slower than what I am used to, but beyond that pretty happy. Chipped quite well.

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."- John Wayne

86 today in 40F degrees with a stiff 10 MPH breeze. I hit it absolutely like crap and had to scramble way to much. 8 of 14 FW, only 5 GIR, 32 putts, 4 up and down for par. Getting very little roll on an extremely wet course. Hitting 6i and 7i for approach shots doesn't lead to a lot of hit greens for me although I can handle being 10 yards off as my short game is pretty good right now.. Wedge play remains strong and putting is pretty good as well, but could be better as I left 2 birdie putts a couple revs short. i really can't wait to play whe it warms up.

First time on the course this year...shot 35 (-1) with a few loose shots that included one penalty.  Birdied a couple on the way in with a good sand shot on a short-ish par 5 and par-4.

Not a bad way to start but have a handful of things to work on.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

+8 78.  Had a case of the yips greenside that cost me atleast 4 strokes. I really hate this game, but then I won a skin so I really love this game .  I just kept decelerating and I knew I did it the first time but couldn't tell myself not too the next two times.  Very frusturating.

Originally Posted by Aquaguru

+8 78.  Had a case of the yips greenside that cost me atleast 4 strokes. I really hate this game, but then I won a skin so I really love this game .  I just kept decelerating and I knew I did it the first time but couldn't tell myself not too the next two times.  Very frusturating.

I feel your pain! lol

high 80's today. Didn't finish the last hole, but ended up with 34 stableford points.

If I could make a putt, it probably would've been about 39 points! argh

So bad, but not far off hc.... I'll keep at it

49 for 9 holes.  Paired with the 52 from a week or two back, this raised my handicap index for the first time in a very long time (27.0 -> 27.3).  That's kind of demoralizing.

So-so round.  Started with a quad bogey on a par 4, which was not great.  Tee shot was a hook that took a lucky bounce off a tree to land it in the fairway, then hit a 200 yard downhill 4-iron to give myself a 90 yard wedge shot to get on for a par putt.  Unfortunately I duffed this and then hit a bad chip off a very muddy (but not watery) spot, so was on in 5 and then 3-putted.  Things were better after that, and I enjoyed playing with the two older singles I was grouped with, so it was a good afternoon.  Had a lot of putts for par or bogey that I just didn't make, so all things considered it was a good round, just didn't go my way out there.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Shot a 50 in 9 holes today.  I'm elated.   It was my fourth day playing since I started to learn.   I hit the driving range before playing  to work on my driver (the club that gets me the most trouble).  All of my drives were decent, with no crazy slices.

Had 3 pars, and nothing worse than a triple bogie.  Hit one long putt, and on the 9th, I hit an 8 iron from about 125 yards out and it landed about a foot from the cup, to save par on a par 4.

In a really good mood.

Driver: Ping K15 (10.5*), Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech v3 2i, Ping G15 4i (23*), Irons: Callaway Diablo Edges (5-9, P, A, S)Putter: Nike Method 001, Bag: Nike Tour Cart II Shoes: Nike Lunar Control, Other: Cliqgear 3.0 Handcart, Callaway uPro GPS, Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian Travel Bag

Yesterday I shot 97 and today I shot 102… WTF!? Tw weeks ago I shot an 84… Something isn't working, oh yeah, its me… UGH!! So irritated right now…

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"