IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Terrible round of 88 on Saturday with 3 triples and 2 doubles. I hit 5 fairways and 3 greens.  4 of the strokes came from 2 balls squirted right OB, each from the fairway.  Not my worst score of the year, but felt like my worst round.

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

i played a nice round this morning at my local course, only played 9 holes shot a 41 on par 36, thats about what i usually shoot

TM RBZ Stage 2 9.5* Kuro Kage Silver 60s
TM V-Steel 13* 3w
Callaway BB Heavenwood 3H 20*
Cobra S2 Forged Irons
Callaway Forged Copper Wedges 52*-58*
Oddysey White hot #1

+11 in some scorching heat.  +8 on the front, couldn't chip or putt to save my life.  +3 on the back, made a 55 foot birdie putt, and a bogey on 17 and 18 ended the round on a flat note.  Putted much better on the back 9.

+1 72 yesterday in heat, humidity, rain, wind, everything. 0 for 4 on up and downs and 33 putts, but 14 of 18 greens and 11 of 13 fairways keep me afloat. 5 bogeys and 4 birdies total. http://jamo1358.webs.com/rounds/20110718-p42.html

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Had an abysmal +7 for 9 holes thanks to a triple and double.  Made two birdies going for the green on short par-4s though.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

2 rounds to catch up here...

Monday: 74 (+2) with 31 putts, Spring Valley Country Club, Ohio

Tuesday: +1 on 13 or 14 holes, Skyland Golf Course, Ohio - had to leave early due to an obligation

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

shot an 89 yesterday at my home course from the blues...should lower my handicap a few spots! It is amazing how much better you feel when you shot 89 and not 90! Even though its only one stroke! I have a tournament today at the same course so wish me luck!! heres to an 86! (hopefully)

In My Bag: 

Driver:  R7 460 10.5˚

Woods:  Burner 3 Wood

Hybrids:  Burner 3-Hybrid 19˚ &  Rescue 4-Hybrid 22˚

Irons:  MP-53 3 Iron- Pitching

Wedges:  56˚ &  CG 14 60˚

Putter:  Rossi White Hot XG Mallet

Interestingly enough, I also shot an 84 yesterday at the Florida State University course.  Felt very rushed for the first 3-4 holes because everyone tries to get out at the same time for the twilight rate, so we had people behind us on our ass and people infront of us playing at a pace that seemed excessively slow due to the pressure from the group behind.

Anyways, how's this for a rollercoaster round...

...47 (+11) on the front nine and 37 (+1) on the back nine for a smooth little 84.

Coming from a guy that generally shoots around 78-82, this was a little uncharacteristic of me, but I'll take finishing strong over the alternative.

Snuck out for 18 this afternoon.  I played from the tips in preparation for our club championship and shot a 92.  Funny thing was, it had little to do with the longer distance (about 600 yards longer).  It was really thanks to hitting four bunkers and poor putting.  The sand at our course SUCKS to put it mildly.  About 1/4" deep and hard, I just can't figure out how to play them.  I never thought I'd miss the beautiful soft sand of Florida, but I certainly would rather have that now.

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

Shot a 79 last week at Cedars in Vancouver, WA.  The track is kinda funky, but I was in the area and managed to squeeze in a round.  The front nine wasn't too much to talk about, 1 birdie and some average and a few better than average shots.  The back nine I started knocking pins down, the 2 guys I was playing with couldn't believe it, every shot was going right where I was aiming.  I had 3 lip outs (greens were a bit bumpy).  Last shot on #18 was from 130 yds, slightly uphill on a slight left/right lie.  I aimed 15 feet left of the pin and it drifted right and spun right past the hole leaving a 2-foot tap-in for birdie on the last hole.  Hit one shot into the water on the back nine, ball slightly below my feet.  I dropped again at the same place and corrected my aim/stance and hit a 160-yd shot to 10 ft to save bogey.  Also hit a drive in the water on the front nine and stuck a 7-iron from 155yds uphill dead-on the pin, but 15 feet past the hole.  Made the putt though to save par, that jump-started the round a bit.

Best iron-striking day I've had the entire summer, can't wait to get out there again! :-)

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

86 today at the ol' home course from the whites. Left a lot out there unfortunately. Not sure if the 100 degree weather cost me something today too. Possibly.

I'm clearly improving though. Summary of today:

Decent driver. Not good enough though yet. I need to maintain my side-tilt to hit em straight as arrows. If not, i get a poor overdraw that sometimes puts me in real bad spots.

Good irons but not where I want to be yet. I'm not hitting my wedges nearly close enough to the hole. Too many 40 and 50 footers after a 70-100 yard approach.

Decent short game, but not there yet. 1 for 1 out of the bunker today. I feel like a 10 index from the sand traps now. Big improvement here just after a few days of work.

Poor speed with the putter all day long despite a 20 footer for birdie I made and some nice par saves. Still this club and my driver cost me the most strokes. Could've been a 78 if I was just slightly more experienced out there.

86 seems typical now and around this score has been a bit of a barrier. But any day now, I can really feel its coming.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

66 in the heat yesterday. It was a good round.

Driver: R11s 9 with a Fubuki Tour 63 X-Stiff
Fairway Wood: R11s 15.5 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 83 X-Stiff

Hybrid: taylormade.gif 4 with Fubuki 515 X-Stiff
Irons: titleist.gif Forged 660 3-PW with Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: callaway.gif CC Jaws 52 and 58 Degree
Putter: ping.gif In Anser 2