IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot 41/44 = 85 on Saturday (70.9/134) for +13 over par. Then on Sunday shot 35/41 = 76 on the same course. I was -1 on the front nine. Like I said in another thread, I usually play better in the beginning of the season because I don't fill my head with too many swing thought.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First round of the year. 73 degrees!! Woo Hoo!!!!! Piedmont Club, Haymarket VA 43-38-81 Par 72 71.7/135 1 double 2 3-putts 1 ball in hazard And none of these were included in the double. Hit only three awful shots, poor drive on the double, an awful drive on the second hole and a hazard ball on the 18th hole. Didn't make a putt, greens were bumpy but at least it was dry.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I had the privy of playing with my dad Saturday!!  He lives far away, so this was a good day. My home club had a St. Pattys scramble, and I hate scrambles.....We went to Winterstone GC to play real golf. I played tees rated 70.7CR 132Slope......par72 course/

The day was pure Jekyll-N-Hyde golf!!!   I showed summer form potential, but also hit some insane hacks that are far from the norm for me.

1.  I toed a 3-wood so bad that it went straight sideways into a canyon........instant doubleB

2. I duffed a simple wedge from 98yds...."YUMMY DISTANCE"....straight into a creek that shouldn't even be in play...DOUBLEb

3. 3-putted from 7 feet

4. whiffed an iron.......the ball went a few yards........

I played some ridiculous shots....crazy stupid duffs for a "so-called" 3HC golfer........With that said, I also made 4 birdies.   I hit nothing stiff, but I holed a long bomb and 3 from about 15'..........  the end result was 40-39=79

yes, I butchered several holes, but the day could have been WORSE!!!!  I also missed 3 birdie chances inside of 10'.....the story of the day was feast of famine.  At least I am pretty confident I still have the resemblance of some game deep under the rust.........4 birdies...damn...this even caught me by surprise!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

71.3, 6400 yard course from the blues. Shot a 91 today (45-46). My ball striking was very good and I saw improvements in my short game but I missed 4 par putts today by less then 3 inches each and I missed an easy birdie putt by about an inch. Need to start hitting my putts firmer and with a bit more confidence. I chipped the ball well except for on an easy par 3 I was just off the green and chunked a 52 degree somehow and ended up bogeying the hole. I also tried to play hero on an easy par 4, tried to carry a 5 iron 185 from the sand with a bad lie and ended up 10 yards short and that was an easy double b.

Overall I am improving a lot but I need to play smarter and just keep working on my putting. Hoping to be a consistent high 80's players by summer and then low-mid 80's by end of the summer. So got a lot of work to do!

Brookside Course 1 back 9 Blues (72.9/134 for full course): 41

First time I ever made 2 birdies in 9 holes!

The pin and tee placements were easier, and the greens had sand all over them. I feel like it played like 6600 yards rather than 6800. Greens had just been punched. Making GIR was easier, but making putts was not. . .

1 double, 5 bogeys, 1 par, 2 birdies. 3 fairways, 4 greens, 18 putts.

First birdie was the par 3 13th, 6i to the green, leaving me with a 20 foot putt. I swung at the ball faster than I would ever, expecting it to roll off the green, but it barely went into the hole. I was upset at the 3 putt I got on the previous hole where I made a 465 yard regulation shot, and the regulation bogey 3 putt on the par 5 before that.

The second birdie was from a roughly 285 yard drive on the 16th hole. I hit a high PW to the left fringe. The greens man watering the green told me the greens were really slow. :-X So, I decide to try to chip it in. I spent a good 3 minutes examining the hole and the distance. Miraculously, the ball went in. Of course, I shanked my par 3 on the next hole and barely made my bogey.

Pretty much played crappy as usual except for the two lucky birdies. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Brookside Golf Course 1 Front 9 Blues (72.9/134 for full course): 43

Grrr, thought I could play this side better and finally break 40 on this course, but no. . .

1 double, 5 Bogeys, 3 Pars, 2 GIR, 17 putts, 3 fairways. Basically, played to an 11HC.

I think finally started swinging inside out on purpose again? It seems to have straightened the ball out. My inspiration came on the second hole when I ended up playing from the 14th fairway again. I hit a 6i back into the right green side bunker which, unfortunately, was my shot of the day. I suppose driving wasn't all that bad today either after the second hole. Got into 4 bunkers today, and still managed a par from one of them. Kind of happy that I was able to make a 120 yard shot from a bunker with my PW. The 509 yard par 5 6th is becoming shorter to me. I finally hit a straight drive past the right bunker. It cut 50 yards off my normal approach. Unfortunately, I duffed/sliced my 3W high and into the left fairway bunker. 52 overshot the green from the bunker and a 60 and putt in for a par. My double was from the par 3 8th hole. I cut a high 8i into the left trees then needed to chip out, chip on and 2 putt.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Had a fairly nice day today. One of the better ones this year. Played two fronts from the back tees at Terra Lago South, total distance 7510yds, rating 76.4, slope 141. I shot a 35-39= 74. Obviously much happier about the first front, than I was the second front, but I had plenty of good shots throughout. My putting began to fall apart on the middle back though.

Brookside Golf Course 1 Front 9 Blues (72.9/134 for full course): 44

8 Bogeys, 1 Pars, 4 GIR, 21 putts, 3 fairways. Basically, played to a 12HC. At least they moved the tees back to the proper distance markers for what felts like a 6800 yard course.

I thought my irons were doing pretty well today, and I even missed two greens because they rolled off a slick area in the sand (from the punched greens). I could have had 6 GIR on 9 holes today! :cry:

I still can't putt to save my life. The last hole was with someone watching me, so I setup the 45 foot putt really carefully. I left myself a 4 to 5 footer, and barely squeaked the only par I got.

If only I hit those two extra greens and if only I putted like yesterday I might have broken 40. . .if only. . . :doh:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I played nine holes today at a local course that is affectionately called, "The Ditch."

The courses in Western Pennsylvania are very soft, with mud and plugged balls being the rule rather than the exception. I was going to play tomorrow, but the forecast is for rain, so I thought I better get out today. The weather was sunny and in the low 40°'s.

I walked the course solo, and when I got behind a foursome on carts, I just took my time and hit a couple extra shots here and there. The group in front of me was very quick, and I just stayed one hole behind them.  It was a nice, relaxing round of golf.

Basically I shot bogey golf with one par, one double, and 7 bogies. (With my mulligans it would have been a few strokes less.) There were a number of plugged balls on the course. I lost one ball, an eco-friendly Dixon golf ball (https://www.dixongolf.com/home.php), but found three other ones including a Titleist NXT-Tour, Bridgestone, and a Slazenger. SO, I was two under balls for the day. (Some of you might remember that it was Auric Goldfinger who played a Slazenger in the movie, "Goldfinger." Bond played a Penfold Hearts.)

I love this game. :-D

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

9 holes after work at Springfield G&CC;

36 - 35.7/129 3291 Yds

Made my first birdie of the year

5 foot birdie putt on Par 3 -11

Hit 6 greens

Missed 2 greens by a couple of feet, parred both of those

Hit the Callaway Big Bertha Alpha - Loved It

Also played a non-Pro V1x ball - Callaway Hex Control, Surprised how well this flew and then bit on the greens

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Shot another good round today. 35-38=73. Played the two fronts at Terra Lago, South and North. This score is going to help me get to a handicap below 1.4 which is the ceiling for applying for a qualifier for the US Open. So, now I expect to sign up to play at The Classic Club in May for my qualifier. Woop Woop. :banana:

I played my first round in a while after getting some swing advice from @cedrictheo , @mvmac and @boogielicious . For the first time ever I broke 100 (93). Feeling really pleased with myself and enjoyed the round. I shot 44 on the front and probably could have broken 90 if I had made some better decisions on the back nine where I shot 49 (the repeat of the front 9).

As someone playing of a 35 Hcp it is really pleasing to shoot a score this low. I thought I'd be stuck making double, triple and more for ages. Today gives me hope that I can shoot lower scores and really challenge myself.

Just goes to show that changing one thing at a time and being patient can get some good results.

For the first time ever I broke 100 (93). Feeling really pleased with myself and enjoyed the round. I shot 44 on the front and probably could have broken 90 if I had made some better decisions on the back nine where I shot 49 (the repeat of the front 9). Just goes to show that changing one thing at a time and being patient can get some good results.

Congratulations. Don't forget to save the ball. Put the date and score on it. It makes a great conversation piece years later. :dance:

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Played in my first GC AMTour event of the season.  This was my first flight victory.  Scorecard is posted here.

Dear Lance Nerland:

Details of your round are provided below. Click here to view the leaderboard.

Scores for Today's Round (view full scorecard ):

Hole 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 OUT
Par 4 4 3 5 3 5 4 3 5 36
Score 5 8 5 6 3 6 4 4 6 47
Hole 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 IN
Par 4 4 4 4 5 3 5 3 4 36
Score 3 4 7 5 6 3 6 3 4 41
Eagle Birdie Bogey Dbl Bogey

Round Analysis:
Strokes Today
Total 88
Front 47
Back 41
Holes Today
Par 3's +3
Par 4's +8
Par 5's +5
Scoring Today
Birdie 1
Par 6
Bogey 8
Double Bogey 1
Triple Bogey 1
Other Bogey 1

Click here to add your shots (e.g. Fairways Hit, GIR) if you have the premium service.

This round has been added to your Round History .

On the back I hit 6/9 GIR.  The triple was caused by a lost ball because of hooking the PW into some bushes beside the green.

Been playing a couple months short of 3 years, so am very excited.

Started double, quad, and triple on the 1st 3 holes but played bogey golf the rest of the way for 96 (71.4, 128).   Not bad after the poor start.  The score will lower my HI to 19.3, best in a long time.  I continue to improve, back to my playing level two years ago.   My FIR is at 75% this month, personal record by far.   2nd best was 60%.   GIR average is creeping up to 4.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

First round of the season was a few days ago on a 9 hole par 34. No par 5's, just two 3's and seven 4's. Played well off the tees hiting 6 out of 7 GIR on the 4's. On the 3's one hit a tree just before reaching the green and fell short, while on the other I came up well short with a very low strong draw. I did not keep many stats or my final score, but had a few pars which was big for me. This was my first time out since May so I was happy with my play. Looking forward to the season and hopefully posting more scores here!

85 - 39/46 Yesterday.

Barely above freezing.  But first official round of the year here near home.

Really happy with the way I finished the first 9 - 4 pars and an easy birdie on 9

3 doubles on the back, including 1 penalty

Played the par 5's well, missed another easy birdie chance to up and down on the back 9 too.

Kept leaving my approaches and chips short, and half my putts.  I'll chalk some of that up to new irons and the cold temps.

If my chipping was on track to last year's performance, that's like another 4-5 strokes.  So I have that to look forward to.

On the plus side - I didn't miss any putt under 6 feet or so.  That is something new for me.

Maybe not a great score, but this year looks like it'll be a pretty decent one.

Thrilled with my new irons, and my new putter/putting grip

Bill -