IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I shot a 37 (31 Par) in my league last night. I started with bogeys on the first three where my long par putts missed by a combined 12". I birdied 4 and parred 5. On 6 I lipped out a 12 footer for par on a long par 3. I bogied 8 after putting my approach shot on the wrong teir of the green. My 30' birdie putt came up about 6' short. On 9 I hit a big drive, but a bad hop put me about 1 foot into heather where I was lucky to even find the ball. After an unplayable I put my 3rd on the green, but again on the wrong teir. I had an uphill putt, but I had to hammer it just to get it to the cup. Again I was 5 feet short and missed my bogey putt. 3 over for the 1st 7 holes and 3 over for the last 2. We took all 6 and got off our losing streak of 3 weeks. We are now 2 points out of first and have a bye next week.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I shot the most frustrating 74 of my life yesterday. Didn't make a put outside 3 feet and three putted for par three times and for bogey another 4-5 times. I'd hit a good shot then miss putt after putt after putt...

Shot an 82 on Tuesday. 37 on the front, 45 on the back. Shot of the day: Crisp 8 iron tee shot on the 148 yard 17th, tracking right at the pin. Ended up about 6 feet away.
The sticks:
Driver: r5 10.5° Stiff N
3 wood: 980f 15°
Irons: RAC OS 4-9
Wedges: 48° & 56°, SV 60°Putter: TracyBall: NXT Tour

• Administrator
76 yesterday at Longaberger from the 6900-yard tees. 30 putts, as usual, 7 greens (and at least 4 or 5 others where I was just off the green). Didn't make many long putts except one for birdie on the fifth.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Today was my best round of the year, my first sub-80 round since I don't know when.

The group I play in on (many) Mondays & Thursdays starts with two groups on #1, two groups on #18 & etc. -- kind of a semi-shot gun start with usually 24 - 36 golfers.

Today, the group I was in started on #18. I hit my 2nd shot within two feet of the hole & birdied.

Then shot 43 on the front.

On the back, I made pars on 10 - 13, bogeyed 14, then parred 15 - 17 for a 36 . Yikes!

43+36=79. Not bad. Not bad at all!

Stats: 1 birdie, 10 pars, 6 bogeys, 1 double. 5 FW drives (odd, for such an excellent round), 7 GIR, 28 putts, 0 3-putts, 0 penalties, 0 sand traps (FW or greenside).

I shot an 83 today, which was my best ever. I took yesterday off (first off day in about two weeks) and I think it helped. Golf was ACTUALLY beginning to get "boring..." and I was getting lazy with my swing...Boom - go out today and play the best round of my life.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Shot a pretty satisfying 87 - course rates at 138, so at my cap I should be around the 87-89 range, give or take. Driving is bad. Just bad. I hit one fairway, and it was off the #18 tee. I spent so much time under trees I think it's a miracle I broke 150...ugh. Beautiful day, though. Partly cloudy, 85 degrees. Can't ask for better weather.

Solid iron play bailed me out again, as well as an amazing wedge game and decent putting (33 putts). I think I'm coming around on the putting. Two three-putts, no four-putts.

Number 9 was embarrassing, though. 135 yards, uphill to the green. I pushed a 9 iron over this tree and into the foursome in front of me who was just about ready to drive away. My ball flew into the guy's bag.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Awesome. That's impressive as a 14! Keep the good golf feelings going.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Shot 75 in about 2.5 hours in a threesome tonight. Gotta love fast play... keeps you loose and from thinking too much. 31 putts, 8 fairways and 10 greens... an average night.

33 (2-under) for nine holes. i've stopped yanking my wedges and am keeping the ball in the course off the tee. my trend is under 5 for the first time ever.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

Shot 74 last night. 39 - 35. I played well on the front but just couldn't finish, I missed 3 greens and made 3 bogeys. The back was a little better starting with birdie on 10, then birdies on 14 and 16, but played the wrong club off the tee on 18 and had to take an unplayable and ended with double.

GIR 13
Putts 33

Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

I shot a 45 yesterday with my game falling apart on me. I really wish i didn't have to take those weeks off.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

• Administrator
Shot 37 on the front nine, then ran into the grounds crew on the back nine repeatedly. Shot 42. I didn't even play the 18th - I just gave myself a double bogey because the guy mowing the fairway never looked up.

This is at WW.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

48 in my league last night. Could've been much better, but it is exactly my league handicap. My chipping was horrendous - only got up and down once out of 8 opportunities. 2 FW, 0 GIR, 18 putts, 2 penalty strokes (1 water, 1 unplayable). I won my match 5-4, my partner won his 5-4, and we won low total net by 2 strokes.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

Haven't posted on this thread before, but shot my best round EVER yesterday and had to add it here. I generally now play in the low 80's but for some reason this was my day, wind low, temperature good, greens quick. I played the front nine EXTREMELY well (for me of course, I'm sure many on here can do better). My only thought at the turn was whether I would even play the back nine or take the greatest nine I ever played and go home. The back nine is the harder nine but I still played GREAT (for me again), I felt a little angry towards the end when I finished Bogey, Par, Bogey, Bogey. The final four on this course are a hard par 3 and 3 very difficult par 4's in a row. Anyway, figured I would share my stats, I'm entering in all my rounds for the year and getting my new handicap (I'm horrible for not tracking my rounds), I think it has gone down considerably from my last season finish of 15. I don't expect to play another round like this for a long time so I figured I better record it somewhere. This is my fourth year playing and this one round will definitely keep me going for 40 more!

Course: Par 72; Length 6568; Slope Front Nine 119; Slope Back Nine 128; Course Total Slope 124

Front Nine:
Shot 35 (-1)
GIR 7
16 Putts
3 Birdies, 2 Bogeys
Par 5's (-1)
Par 4's (-1)
Par 3's (+1)

Back Nine:
Shot 40 (+4)
GIR 6
19 Putts
1 Birdie, 5 Bogeys
Par 5's (-1)
Par 4's (+3)
Par 3's (+2)

"It took me seventeen years to get 3,000 hits. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course" ~Hank Aaron, 1971

Robert's Golf Bag:
Taylormade R7 425 w/ S Flex Aldila NV65
Launcher Steel 3W & 5W S Flex Halo 3i S Flex TA2 Irons 4-PW 588 56* , 60* X2 PutterBall: HP Distance MX

most depressing round of my life...I shot an 84.

44 on the front...played terrible but w/e...

On the back, I was +3 (par 36) and it's a 485 yd PAR 5...I hit a perfect drive 250 down the middle of the fairway, and hit my 2nd shot right to the middle of the fairway to within 25 yards...I hit my pitch shot fat, so now I have an easy, straight forward chip for birdie, and the ultimate up and down for par. i go and hit the chip fat again, picking my head up, and now I have a 15 footer, to shoot my lowest rd ever. the putt misses by about 6 inches, and I leave the course in extreme depression.

im seriously not playing golf for a week (i play everyday)...im so upset right now it's not even funny, it really meant a lot to me to go out and shoot under 40 for the first time, and I friggin choked...its extremely depressing.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Shot a 76 on a par 64.. it was easily my best round ever. It's a real short course but still my goal for today was to break 90. Even though it was a 4508 yard course, i'm still extremely happy.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

most depressing round of my life...I shot an 84.

84 for a 19handicapp is a great score regardless of what you wanted to shoot. you should not pressure yourself to go out and shoot a certain number. just play your game and take what you get. when i play bad, which i'm actually in a slump now, i want to practice longer and harder. i'll get 3 buckets instead of 2. try to work on you mental aspect and you should be great. and i am only telling you from experience. also remember to just have fun. -matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73