IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Started from 10 today.  Bogey, par, bogey x 2, par, bogey, double, par x 2, breakfast, par x3, birdie, bogey, par, bogey x 2, par.  Not a bad round overall with a string of 5 pars capped off by a birdie being the highlight

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played #8 today at Pinehurst.  Course was wet from the rain last night. So cart path only. Started on the 10th hole and bogeyed the first two holes.  Then proceeded to shoot -1 the next 7 holes.  Birdie, par, bogey, “HOLE IN ONE”, par, bogey, par for a 37.  The HIO was a 145 par 3, wind in our face maybe playing a bit longer.  Pulled the 8 iron. I hit 2nd in the group and after watching the first players ball landed on the green pin high right and it rolled right away from the pin.   Took my stroke, ball never left the pin! Landed a foot past the pin a little left and it spun back into the cup!  It was my 2nd hole in one. (1st was on #2, 17th hole 4 years ago)

Front nine started well, par,par,par, bogey, birdie (and kid you not it spun back and just missed). Had pars the last four holes for an even 36. By the way the birdie on the front was a tap in!  PW from 120 out.

73 total, 9 fairways, 10 GIRs, 28 putts overall. A good day!

• Like 1

An interesting round today. Played Hillandale from the blues. I shot 41 on the front, including a pathetic triple on the third hole. I hit every fairway but one, and even then I was in good position.

Then I blocked my tee shot right on 10 (my first really poor drive of the day) and made triple, then went par-bogey (from 60 yards)-bogey-double-bogey-triple-bogey-par to finish with 48 on the back for 89. It felt like a huge letdown after a 41 but it is what it is. 

But there is some silver lining: I hit 10/14 fairways on the day and am continuing to hit the driver very well. I’m giving myself opportunity after opportunity to score but I need to start really taking advantage!

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Shot 83 today, 14 GIR/nGIR, 28 putts, and 1 penalty stroke.

Working on new piece in full swing and results were encouraging - had a few slight pulls (left miss, but playable) but zero hooks, and strokes gained tee/approach were better than usual, although short game/putting were not as good as typical, at least by strokes gained.

Strokes gained vs. 5 hcp today:

• Tee: -1.07
  • Approach: -3.39
  • Short game: -1.14
  • Putting: +0.23

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

I played Carroll Park  , one of Baltimore’s Classic Five courses , for the first time after work. 

It was windy , 3 attempts with the driver got blown way off course. I ended up using the Wilson utility iron from the tee. 

I shot 53 for 9 holes including the penalties for the drives. I didn’t have a chance to warmup and really felt stiff, I think I could hit 45 or better on this course given another chance. 

I’m working in Baltimore all week and am going to try the other Classic 5 courses. 

Yuck. 95 at Raven's Claw on Sunday, 49+46, hit only 50% of the fairways. Not my best round there by far, only parred 2 holes, 14 & 18. Conditions were really tough. Rainy, windy, and they had the course set up for some kind of tournament from earlier in the day or Saturday. White tees were set up where the blues usually were placed and all the pins were in really difficult positions, astride a ridge or the highest point on the green, or 2 yards from the back or front, or whatever made them least friendly.

Driver: Ping G400 Max, 3w: Callaway Steelhead XR, 5W: Callaway Steelhead XR, 3 Hybrid: Callaway Steelhead XR, 4 Hybrid: Callaway Steelhead XR, 5 Hybrid Callaway Steelhead XR, 6-PW: Callaway Rogue, 56° wedge: Callaway Jaws, 60° Sand Wedge: Callaway XR, Putter: S2H2 Paul Runyon

89 (45/44) from the whites at RiverBend today.  Double, seven bogies, par, nine more bogies for 18 over off a par 71 course.  Was all over the place even with 7 of 14 fairways hit.  At least half the par putt attempts were near misses off the edge of the cup.  Pleased with the consistency with no blow up holes.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

3 minutes ago, max power said:

Played 9 yesterday at an executive (par 31 for the front 9). 3 of 4 fairways, 4 of 9 greens, 11 putts, 2 under. 3 birdies, 1 bogey.

3 birdies on 9 holes with only 4 GIR is impressive. Were you sticking it close with the GIRs or making some lengthy putts?

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Actually last Sunday...Twilight at The Home Course teeing off at 2:30 ish with a more than usual amount if wind. Finished the first nine +2 with 7 routine pars (GIR and a longer but that did not fall but left basically a tap-in. The two bogies were due to a failure to get u and down from a bunker and a miss hit 2nd on one hole. Probably the best ball striking all year but it felt pretty routine and like it was supposed to happen. Even successfully made the adjustment for the WA wet season reduced (lack of) roll-out. Too bad we had an extremely slow group somewhere out ahead and darkness started to hit and only finished 13.

5 hours ago, klineka said:

3 birdies on 9 holes with only 4 GIR is impressive. Were you sticking it close with the GIRs or making some lengthy putts?

Tbh, they were closely missed greens, and every birdie was on a GIR (2 short putts made, 1 longer putt made). I hit real close chips for most the pars, almost holed one for another birdie. The one wayward tee shot resulted in a bogey.

• Thumbs Up 1

88 (43 / 45) today at the Emerald (67 / 118 from the whites).  Had steady to gusty winds which played more with my head than the ball.  7 of 14 fairways, 5 of 18 GIR plus another 3nGIR, total of 35 putts.  Greens were like greased lightning, just breathing too hard sent the ball rolling.  Started with a dbl followed by birdie, two more dbl’s and a triple.  Was thinking it was going to be one of those rounds - then the magic happened as I finished the front nine - par, par, birdie, par.  Back nine dbl, dbl, four bogies - the magic is gone - then I get a par and birdie.  The last hole ate the last of the magic with another dbl.  Big take away - first round ever to score three birdies and four pars.  Shot of the day - approach on 10 was with the GW.  Nailed the shot as it landed on the green, and spun back about 10ft.  Of course it spun away from the flag to make it a three putt dbl.  Was one of the best rounds I have had.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Played a course I haven't been to in a long time and have only played a handful of times there.  Decent round though couple of bad holes.  Started on 10 and went round without a break.

Bogey, par x 4, double x 2, bogey, par, bogey x 2, par, double, par x 2, bogey, par, bogey

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I played Walden Country Club yesterday and shot a 107.

I put 3 of 4 water carries from the tee into the drink and was too strong on at least 6 chips and put myself on the opposite side of the green. 

I managed to stay out of the woods much better today. My lag putting is improving , I had several 2 putts that would have been 3 putts last month.

After 4 rounds on this course if I took my best score per hole I would have a 90. I just need to put a consistent round together and I’ll have a score I am happy with. 

Shot 82 today (45/37), 12 GIR/nGIR, 29 putts, and 2 penalty strokes.

This morning was really cold (relatively), so took a while for my body to get loose (guess it's time for an extra layer, winter gloves, and hand warmer to go in the bag). Started off with a good drive, and then thinned my approach which left my hands numb for the next two holes. Ended up with double bogey on #1, and then a triple bogey on #2, but pulled it together after those holes and played pretty well for the rest of the round.

Really happy with ball flight today. No pull hooks at all after about 10 days of working on swing adjustment to address this miss, and my misses were a pretty consistent, playable push fade, except in two cases where the ball bounced into red-staked area.

Strokes gained vs. 5 hcp today:

• Tee: -2.15
  • Approach: -4.28
  • Short game: +0.15
  • Putting: +1.01

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

New personal best today with an 81 (42 / 39) at Riverbend today (granted it was from the golds (66.0/111)at just over 5500 yds).  The weather was about as good as it gets - upper 50's to start and then into the 60's with no wind.  Had 12/14 fairways hit (maybe the mixing up of the clubs off the tee paid off, not just driver, driver, driver, etc.), 9/18 GIR (best ever) along with another 5 nGIR.  No worse than bogie on any hole and no penalty shots.  The greens were difficult at best, not due to slope or speed, but rather the lack of grass and what grass there was was patchy and longish.  The greens were thick with the dew so the first few holes were rooster tail putts and as such sucked the energy out of the stroke.  Later when it had burned off, it was about dealing with lumps and bumps where several putts for birdie lumped and bumped past the hole for a comeback for par. Overall I am pleased to get out with 37 putts.  As noted I mixed up the clubs off the tee and kept that mix happening through the approaches, willingly picking the "not usual" club.  Approaches were governed by making sure I could carry the front of the green with aiming to the middle of the green.   As I noted half of the holes were GIR and another 5 nGIR, with easy chips, bump and runs to get the ball up and down for par or bogie at worst.  Worked hard to keep the pre-shot routine consistent as I seem to have a good repeatable one in place.   Today golf was fun! 

Here's today's scorecard (via Garmin):

image.thumb.png.a90aa3566839177ab6dd167d4080e15d.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Since this is the last nice day for golf in MIchigan I played one of my best rounds. Played Greystone in Washington, MI and shot 45 on the front 9. I am normally around 50 to 54.

• Thumbs Up 1