IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Snuck out this afternoon for a 106. Pouring rain started on 16 but i was determined to finish since I had a shot at a new personal best. I needed a par on 18 and thought I had a decent shot but my ball missed going over the hazard by a few inches. Had to replay my shot over and doubled the hole.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I shot an 81 with a quadruple bogey at the last. :-/ Damnit, I am so close to getting things in the 70s, but I completely choked today. I sliced my drive out of bounds, but then I hit a great second drive. I was hitting my fourth shot from 200 yards out (par 5), and I'll be damned if I didn't shank it into the pond. Nonetheless, I ended up sinking a 12-foot putt for a 9. I could have broken 80 with a double for crying out loud.

I sound a lot like you man. I shot a 76 today - my best round ever! My dad and I always play on Father's Day, so it was great having him there for it. I try not to keep score, but when you're playing well it's hard not to kind of know you're right there. I totally choked myself, or so I thought. I hit a draw down 18 that kicked left into a bunker. I hit the bunker shot a bit fat and it ended up fried egg in a front left green bunker. I blasted out to 15 feet and freaking three-putted....I thought I lost my record. But then I went back to the cart to add it up and I beat my previous best by 1 (which I just carded less than two weeks ago). It's only my 5th or 6th time below 80, but again, it was great to do it with my old man there! I feel like I am also right on the cusp of getting this thing consistently in high 70s, low 80s. It's such a funny game because I shot 91 yesterday to lose my doubles match play game and come out today and lop 15 damn strokes off my score on the exact course....I went to the range afterwards yesterday and spent a couple hours pounding balls and it apparently helped.

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

79 yesterday with my dad. First time getting back under 80 this year with two 80's and an 82. I've got the bogey's on hole 18. That's just frustrating...

Three putt on one, Three putt par on hole two, three putt on hole six. I hate three putts, thats three that I should have back right there for a 76. I can understand hitting bad shots that go off line a little, missing left and right is ok with me. but three putt bogeys just burn me. I hate the feeling of not even giving the birdie a chance...ending up 5 feet short with plenty of work left. Just having a trouble getting the speed of the greens with only a few rounds under my belt so far.
Such is golf I guess...

In my bag:
Driver: 905T 10.5 YS-6 Regular Flex
3 wood: r7 steel 15 degree stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 19 degree stiff
Irons: 735.CM 4-PWedges: 52, 56, 60 vokey oil canPutter: 2ball white steelBall: Pro V1Home Course: http://www.millcreekgolf.com

77 on Saturday and 79 on Sunday. Saturday I was hitting the driver well, Sunday that went away a little but but the putter picked it up a little.

In my Arkansas Razorbacks stand bag:

Driver:SasQuatch SUMO2 9.5°

2 hybrid 16° 3, 4 hybrid 3DX5-PW: Tour Pro ComboWedges: 52°, 56°, 60° spin milled Putter: Circa '62 No. 1 ; Newport Tel 3 LongNeck ; Newport 2 ButtonBack LTDBalls: ProV1

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, just looking around. Yesterday I played a golf MARATHON. I work at a golf course, so after I got off (Around 11:00 AM) I was able to play. I played 3 rounds yesterday. The first course I played (First Two Rounds) is the one I work at. It has a 73.6 rating and a 146slope. First round I went 38-38 for a 76. I eagled the 18th hole. (Very Short #18). 304 yd Drive left me with 189 yards downwind. Hit it to about 15 feet and made the putt. My second round I went 40-37 for a 77. (Same golf course). Missed 4 putts within 10 feet for birdie. Last round was at another area course thats even harder. Rating is 74.8, Slope is 149. I was definately tired for this round. I ended up going 38-42 for an 80. I felt tight in the back 9, and putting was the only thing that was "on."

Well, I went out there today and told myself I was going to shoot a good score. Period. My goal was to career it and shoot a 66. That would have matched my career low of -4 on 18 holes, but would have been my lowest amount of strokes on 18.

BUT, I beat that. I shot a 65 with 3 bogeys. I left a ton of strokes on the course. Had two eagles and lipped out an 8 footer for my 3rd eagle. I also made some good par saves. I recently got my driver re-shafted with an 85x Aldila NV (Pink one) and love it to death. Today was only my second round with it and I only missed one tee shot.

I am very pleased with the way I am playing going into my tournament this weekend, Green Meadow Invitational. Hopefully I can keep it going for a few weeks.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

Shot 105 on Saturday. That might not sound good but I was striking the ball well which was my goal at the beginning of the round.

Played the front nine, shot a 38 on a Par 35. So +3

Played horribly, scrambled scrambled scrambled.

You can tell by the fairways hit and GIR's, or lack thereof.

http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/score.php?id=66743

"Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."

Started playing - April 25th, 2008

In my bag: FT-5 Neutral Driver 9° 990B Irons Rifle Flighted Shafts (3-PW) Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Midslant Vokey wedges 252*08,256*12 and 260*04 PROV1xSequoyah National - A Robert Trent...

79(40,39) Hit the ball pretty well until the last two holes, but made putts on my last three holes that were all over 8 feet. But on #15 I missed a birdie putt from 1 foot, yes 1 FOOT! The ball went down in the hole and hit the metal part of the cup and popped out.. That really got to me, b/c I had just stuck it so close with my 52*

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

I played a new course for me today and played from the blue tees I shot a 107(55/52). I ended the front nine in bad form on the 9th I just picked up because I got really frustrated and took a 10 then a quick food break and back to the 10th tee to turn it around.

In The Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha 460
3 & 5 Wood: F50.
Irons: 855S Silver Scot 3-SW.
Wedge: S2H2 60*Putter Anser 2i

I broke 80 yesterday for only the second time in my life (and the second time in two weeks!). I shot 76 (par 70). hit 5 greens, 3 fairways and had 31 putts. It was pretty consistently good, too. +3 on the front and +3 on the back.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

I hit every green and only missed one fairway for the first six holes yesterday at Rivers Edge in NC. Then I took a triple and a quad (followed by another par). After that I was so hot about letting the round get away so quickly, I played horribly on the back. I hate rounds like that.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Birch Creek Golf Club - Union, MO
6920 Yards
74 (+2)
72.8/129

My short game and driver were on today. Saved a lot of pars. Played par golf to hole 13. Finished Bogey, Birdie, Triple, Birdie, Par.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

After the U.S. Open playoff yesterday afternoon, I was so fired up I just had to run out for a quick 9 holes. Shot a 4-over, 38, which is my best ever 9-hole total and ties my best relative to par. I wasn't hitting my irons very well, but I had a pitch from about 60 yards that I ran up to two feet from the hole. I also drove the green on a par four; back fringe actually. (Scorecard said 303, but I don't think it's that long. Hard fairways too. And a helping wind.)

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

• Administrator
78, white tees , Lake View. Played like butt until I figured out why. I really am not doing myself any favors by not going to the range before I play. Of course, the range has to be OPEN for me to do that. I hate when the range is closed. Goodness knows what swing thought you should have that day.

Six putts left a half a roll short, too. If I could have used one more foot of speed I'd be 6-7 strokes lower. They didn't mow either - greens only 11 today. Pfft.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets