IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

79 (73.4/137 rating). Everything, except the putting, clicked. Now I know what I have to work on.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Only got in 9 holes before it got dark and shot PAR! Was 1 under after 7 and couldn't get up and down on 8 so was even then parred the 9th hole for an even par 9 holes! 7 pars, 1 birdie, and 1 bogey. Had like 4-5 up and down to save par which shows that my new bump and run technique is working out quite well. Used to be very armsy in my short game which worked pretty good but now with more hips, I find myself with only a 3-5 foot putt for par which I am very confident over.

« Keith »

Yesterday, paid for 18, but only got to play 9 (Damn short day lights! and slow hackers! Took 3 hours to finish 9--Ugh!). Shot +1. My best for 9 is even par, so I am happy but wished I could've played the whole 18 to see what I would have shot.

It appears my swing changes have finally taken hold--knock on wood. Looking forward to Saturday's game.

Don

Got up at 5AM to drive 2 1/2 hours to play Poppy Ridge today. Shot 96 (95 ESC). Pathetic. Was in the bunkers all day long, was losing all my approach shots to the right. Had a good time, though, got to play with my best friend who lives in Oakland, weather was great, and the pace of play was fantastic.

I drove the 2 1/2 hours back home and went straight to the driving range and worked on my game for an hour. Of course, everything was great then! Looking to play Monday, can't wait.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

• Administrator
67 at Lake View . Part of a fivesome. I alternated which team I was on each hole. I shot -5 and I think only two of my holes counted!!!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

played 9 yesterday. Shot a 39 4 over. Kind of up and down round. had 2 birdies, 2 doubles, 2 bogies, 3 pars.

3/7 FW 4/9 Greens 15 putts. Wedges were accurate. had 72 up the hill, hit a knock down 58 to 15 feet then three putted. Then had 79 up a hill and hit a stock 58 to 20 feet past. Best hole was 8, 350 yard hole, hit driver hard, then hit my 64 from 72 to 4 feet, made the putt.

Overall, happy with my progress. I've been playing this same nine 2 or 3 times a week and seem to shot 37-39 almost every time. The pull is gone with the irons and my driving is wild but when I hit a good one, it goes a long way.

Brian

Shot an 88 (45/43) at Earlywine an Oklahoma City Municipal course today. Started off bitter cold but warmed up to the point where it was rather nice.

Callaway 3.5 Stand Bag Taylormade Burner 10.5 Driver Callaway Razr X 21* Hybrid Callaway Razr Forged Irons 4-9 Titleist Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 Odyssey White Hot XG #1 putter

41 on the front 41 on the back, on a par 71

BAG UNDER 4 inferno red/white
DRIVER TOUR SS 310 BETA TITANIUM 10.5
3-WOOD SZ HYPER STEEL
HYBRID 503 H 19*
IRONS TA7 WEDGES OIL CAN 52 AND 56 PUTTER M4-L

Played yesterday at 36degree cold weather. Played with northface jacket and a scarf. nobody at the golf course, finished 18 holes in 2 hours and 10 minutes.
11/18 GIRs, 10/14 Fairways hit. 3 bridies, 9 pars, 5 bogeys, and a triple bogey for a 77.

Played Pinch Brook in northern NJ Thursday, shot a pretty awful 81 (par 65)...it was pretty wet out there so I'll give myself the benefit of the doubt. I was also using my old irons.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

84 on 72.8/129 rated course.
Felt like I left about 7-8 shots out there due to just missing the putts.
I really need to work on my putting.
Once I get that dialed in I think I can shoot near par.

Don

88 in the rain, good for second place (net) for the day. Got a skin ($22) on a birdie hole.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

A very odd 80. Three birds, two doubles and 29 putts despite two three jacks.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Played 9 today. Didn't really have much of a swing but I got it around. Skipped a hole b/c a group of elderly women I was behind. Had the chance and wasn't sure if they would let me through. It is the easiest hole on the course, real short par 3. I assume a par and with that I shot a four over, 39. Hit 3/8 G, 2/7FW, 14 putts over 8 holes. Hit a few good shots, a few really bad, and a bunch ok. Putting was decent, feel like this has really improved this year. Hit two really bad drivers, just hideous. One really strong drive, and one that I missed and went straight, and another I hit hard and got in a good place to hit the par 5 in two (155 in) and ended up taking a 6.

Starting to play a cut off the tee a bit and seems to be working. It is almost dead straight.

Overall really pleased with my progress at the end of this year. Figuring out how not to hook it and should serve me well next year.

Brian

Shot a 43(+8) on front 9 at Colonial in Sandoval, Illinois earlier today. Started out poorly with 2 doubles but went par, bogey, par, par and 3 bogeys for 8 over. Yesterday didnt go so well as I played 9 at Mcleansboro, IL and shot a 51(+15) but just hit a lot of bad shots on the first 3 holes as I was +7 over the first 3. First time over 50 in about a month so still moving forward.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...