IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played yesterday. Windy and 71, dry and firm.

Shot a 79, 7 over. Shot 41, 38. 9/18 greens 5/14 FW 32 putts.

Didn't really have a swing at first. Hit 2 OB on number two, made a 7 (well equitable stroke control), hit into a hazard on 1, ended up with a par. Then got it going around 5, hit a great 3 wood on the 200 yard par four with wind into and from the right. Ended up 3 putting but really quality swing. I hit 7 greens in a row, playing those holes at even. I hit a bunch of good putts that I didn't read correctly but gave chances. Really didn't make a putt until 17, made a really tricky 6 footer then a good 10 footer for birdie on 18.

Overall, pleased.

Brian

66* outside, not a cloud in sight, zero wind, gorgeous day --

Shot a 4 over 75 on what I consider my home course.

Driver Callaway Diablo Edge --- Custom Sonartec 3, 5 and 7 woods made +1" stiff shafts --- Irons 5-L Ping G10 +1" 4.5* upright reg shafts --- ---Putter Tiger Shark

What will probably be my last round of the year, I shot an 89, first time breaking 90 I was so pumped :)

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

Shot a 95 today at Crystal Springs which is a 132 slope.

I walked away feeling pretty pleased with my 95. I had a few lost in the water but this course is pretty insane. You won't find one perfectly flat lie aside from the tee boxes and some of the greens are tucked away surrounded by bunkers.

a couple pics from the day:

155 yd par 3, completely over water and over the green were all bunkers

181 yd par 3, played about 150....nice little 50 ft cliff to hit off.

Awesome course, had alot of fun.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

74 (+2) with three birdies and five bogeys. 79% FIR, 61% GIR, 31 putts. Played the back in one under, my first time ever breaking par for nine holes. 77 degrees, sunny and not a breath of wind. Awesome day.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

+5 on nine holes, thanks to a triple on the 9th. Greatly underestimated the yardage to carry a pond and dunked it straight in the water with a sand wedge. Flew the pin on the next shot, then three-putted down the hill. Ballstriking was solid today. Putting stroke was excellent, just made some mistakes in judging speed here and there.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Shot a 77 yesterday at apple valley in lake lure. Had a double on number one. Other than that 2 birds and 5 bogeys. 5 over. Mid 60's not windy.

Drivers: Titleist 913 D2 Aldila phenom
Fairway Woods: Titleist 910F-d
Fairway Woods: Titleist 909 F3 or

Hybrid: Taylormade tp 18 or Mp fli hi 2 iron 
Irons: Mizuno MP-52 3-pw
Wedges: TaylorMade RAC Z TP
Putters: Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #2
Golf Bags: Titleist Blue cart bag

Shoes: Footjoy Dry joys

Golf Balls: Titleist Pro v1x

A depressing 91. I needed a 90 or better to keep my handicap from going up...oh well. The worst part was #4 par 5, 495 yards straight down the pipe. I ended up with a 9 (7 ESC) due to OB tee shot, pathetic 2nd tee shot, etc. Just terrible. What really killed me was +6 on par 3s, no pars or birdies. Those are the holes I need to capitalize on.

The only bright side is I've really come around to hitting my 3 wood and hybrid well again after putting them on restriction for a year.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Shot a 40(+5) on front 9 at Colonial at Sandoval, IL. Best 9 hole score ever. 4 pars and bogeys. Best I ever hit my driver, hit every fairway. Very happy with how I played today, hope I can keep it going next time.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

I have two sets of irons. Cleveland HiBores and Callaway X-24's. I have always been a scooper or picker (neither one sounds good) and have just recently started hitting down and thru on the ball. I have been practicing with a sponge ball with good results getting the divot and straight ball flight. I went to the nine hole course close by. I decided I was getting better results with the Callaways with the new swing. The first few iron shots weren't very impressive. I sucked it up and stuck with it. Didn't want to but did. I decided to use a four iron off of the tee. I jammed the head into the ground while also jamming two fingers on the grip. I ended up with a straight shot however about 150 yards. I decided to stick with the swing after embarrassing myself and pulled a 5 iron. Gathered my thoughts and swung. Ended up with the straightest and longest 5 iron of my life. Couldn't tell where the ball was until the wife says. You're gonna like it. Missed the putt and parred the hole. Anyway, I ended up shooting a 41 with my new swing. I'm happy. Sorry to make this so long but this has probably happened to all of us golfers.

Driver:Titleist 910 D2
3 Wood: Titleist FT Fairway Woods (Old club)
Irons: Callaway Hot X-24 4-PW , SW
Putter: Odyssey Two Ball
Ball: Bridgstone e-6

My last round was an 82, with 7 three putts. This was a combination of a new putter (Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 which is a little heavier than my last), very fast greens (it is November in Chicago...really???) and leaving the ball above the hole (definitely my fault).

Played a quick 9 after class today, shot a 42 (+6) then played a par 3, par 4 and par 5 for some practice after. Driving was much better (3/5 fairways) and hit a few GIR which was nice. Greens were terribly slow though...threw off my putting.

Had to tune up before hitting Cascades on Friday afternoon with my co-worker.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Down a little today, shot a 45(+10) on front 9 at Colonial in sandoval but still only missed 2 fairways(well actually i did hit the fairway, just the wrong ones.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

shot a 36, 1 over par. Had one double, 2 birdies, 1 bogey, 5 pars.

Hit 5/9 greens, 4/7 FW, 15 putts.

Left a few out there but that is a good score for me. I 3 putted one for double from the middle of the fairway with a wedge in my hand but then started hitting greens and made a couple of birdies. It was cold and windy but controlled the ball for the most part. Best shot was on the short par 3 (125), hit a little knock down 9I to 5 feet. Really flighted it well with a wind coming into from the left. Short game was pretty good except hole one. Missed a 3 footer for par on 8 after hitting the stick from 30 yards, really could have fell. Just over read it, missed it high, it was dead straight and played left edge.

Brian